You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Quick question

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
Why do players in an mtt call a 4xbb raise at the blind level of 100/200 with K 8 off ? I hab QQ so not really moaning but wondered over time is that a good call or not?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Quick question:
    Why do players in an mtt call a 4xbb raise at the blind level of 100/200 with K 8 off ? I hab QQ so not really moaning but wondered over time is that a good call or not?
    Posted by dav1964
    people will call with anything on here and takes the skill element out of the game imo
  • edited September 2010

Lucy if u can't beat them you obviously aint got no skill element to take away.

You know it's not a good call overtime Dav. Stick to cash ;)
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Quick question:
    Lucy if u can't beat them you obviously aint got no skill element to take away. You know it's not a good call overtime Dav. Stick to cash ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    are u sure u know what skill means
  • edited September 2010

Wining 50/50's all in pre flop apparently?
  • edited September 2010
    obviously u dont
  • edited September 2010
    lost it again av we lucky,think your better off playing summat else m8 if it gets to ya that much
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Quick question:
    Posted by dav1964
    People who are stacked up and in position can comfortably call a raise with K8, with a view to taking the pot away on the flop or turn.

If, however, as i suspect the stacks are shallow then it's a poor call, but we want poor calls right? 

People call cos they like to gamble, innit.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Quick question : People who are stacked up and in position can comfortably call a raise with K8, with a view to taking the pot away on the flop or turn. If, however, as i suspect the stacks are shallow then it's a poor call, but we want poor calls right?  People call cos they like to gamble, innit.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Hi greg and yeah they were shallow they only had just over 2k.Yeah dont get me wrong i want callers every time with that if ive got QQ but ive seen so much of this type of call lately even when im not involved in the hand and im just watching others at the table.
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    What were the average stack sizes like?

Obv its a bad call but a 4x raise is way too big when the blinds are at this level imo.
  • edited September 2010
    What were the average stack sizes like? Obv its a bad call but a 4x raise is way too big when the blinds are at this level imo.
    Posted by yb
    Yeah i see what yer mean but they got that short by keep calling raises so i thought in that instance they might lay down their hand with a 4xbb raise,obviously not though lol ;o)