You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Best ever comeback in the Open?

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
Ive just finished 5th in the Open which is the best finish since last year but is it the best comeback???
I had 1075 chips in the BB which took 1k off me with the sb left which was 500. I was 56th (6 outside the cash)
i was dealt Q7 off, all passed to the sb who put me all in. I won that hand and the rest is history as they say.
But is there anyone else who made the final table after a comeback with fewer chips?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Best ever comeback in the Open?:
    Ive just finished 5th in the Open which is the best finish since last year but is it the best comeback??? I had 1075 chips in the BB which took 1k off me with the sb left which was 500. I was 56th (6 outside the cash) i was dealt Q7 off, all passed to the sb who put me all in. I won that hand and the rest is history as they say. But is there anyone else who made the final table after a comeback with fewer chips?
    Posted by major1962
    Well done Major, great grinding!

I have won a take on tikay comp when i was down to 1.5 big blinds, and have had other similar comebacks.

Just proves that your not dead until your a** is cold.

• edited September 2010
    I was told a story, well rather i watched it, my uncle plays on another website and was trying to qualify for a "big" live event, ok its probably in the top 10 live events in the UK.

Anyways, hes doing it the freeroll way, and so far hes struggling, 480 chips, blinds 300/600 and his BB hits, hes delt 104.

Everyone calls, 444 flop, 2 rounds the table later he has 26000, he finnished third and got to the last satellite, which he lasted 6 hands.
  • edited September 2010
    Thanks greghogg
    , so "grinding" is what you call it? I have to say i did get very lucky on a few hands (77 v 99 & 44 v AK with a AK flop) but to make final table takes a bit of luck too and "variences" was quoted to me recently.
    Great finish for your uncle, Don!!
    Are there any other stories out there about "Grinding"?
    I dont post much on the forum as i dont usually have anything constructive to say, im not a great player and make humongus mistakes at the wrong times but read a lot and try to learn from others postings so i thought i would contribute by making this a question.
    Im feeling rather confident from the open so im in the Primo tonight, be gentle with me lol
  • edited September 2010
    yea, he was disappointed when he lasted 6 hands against the higher players, set over set though nothing to stop the money going in.

Ive had similar to your a few times but never as low in comparason to the blinds, 120 as 25/50 in a BH i thinks been my worsts quaded up with 23, you feel extra special when you make final tables in these outcomes.

I must say well done though, and yea you need luck from time to time, but when it comes take it with open arms it doesnt come often.
  • edited September 2010
    The first Open I won I was down to 400 chips about two hours in. Managed to get past the bubble as the short stack and hit the last two tables as Mr Shortstack.
  • edited September 2010
    When I won the open for the 1st time I was all in (and covered) with 88 vs AA on a A rag, rag board .... runner runner quads and went on to win. (still about 100 left at this point)

• edited September 2010
    I won a 4kBH when I had 1.5bb with about 40 left.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Best ever comeback in the Open?:
    I won a 4kBH when I had 1.5bb with about 40 left.
    Posted by scotty77

you won about 8 bhs and opens because you're the luckiest sob alive!