You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WSOPE Satellites next year? Please

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
A few weeks ago I asked if SKYPOKER would run qualifers for WSOP Europe - in particular the 6-handed tourney which would be good for all of us on sky who are always playing 6-handed MTT's. By chance it clashed with the Tour final in DTD so not a good idea this year.

With a £2500 buy-in and no need to add transalantic flights into the package it may be possible for more people to qualify (than WSOP main event) and we could go en masse. I'm not saying instead but in addition to annual WSOP (US) qualifiers.

In order to encourage you to support my idea I'd like to quickly give you a taste of my experience yesterday. Locally we held live satellites into the £1000 event3 and I managed to get one of the two places. 

I won't bore you with details but I spent about 3 hours sitting at a table with Tom Dwan on my immediate left (I thought drawing Dave Marley (DAVEYZZZ) at DTD was bad luck last week!). I avoided getting into too many hands with him but what an experience playing poker with such a legend and seeing somebody of his ability at work!

After our table was broken up I joined a table with Vanessa Rousso (I wasn't complaining - she had great cuticles BTW Tikay) and got to play with her for another couple of hours ! There was no fairy tale ending but what an experience.

I also spotted the following people during the breaks (who were on other tables)... Barry Greenstein, Huck Seed, Liv Boree, and the Phil's..... Ivey and Hellmuth.

I'd like to go back next year - does anyone else fancy it?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Wow mate, that sounds like an awsome day, well played!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to WSOPE Satellites next year? Please:
    A few weeks ago I asked if SKYPOKER would run qualifers for WSOP Europe - in particular the 6-handed tourney which would be good for all of us on sky who are always playing 6-handed MTT's. By chance it clashed with the Tour final in DTD so not a good idea this year. With a £2500 buy-in and no need to add transalantic flights into the package it may be possible for more people to qualify (than WSOP main event) and we could go en masse. I'm not saying instead but in addition to annual WSOP (US) qualifiers. In order to encourage you to support my idea I'd like to quickly give you a taste of my experience yesterday. Locally we held live satellites into the £1000 event3 and I managed to get one of the two places.  I won't bore you with details but I spent about 3 hours sitting at a table with Tom Dwan on my immediate left(I thought drawing Dave Marley (DAVEYZZZ) at DTD was bad luck last week!). I avoided getting into too many hands with himbut what an experience playing poker with such a legend and seeing somebody of his ability at work! After our table was broken up I joined a table with Vanessa Rousso (I wasn't complaining - she had great cuticles BTW Tikay) and got to play with her for another couple of hours ! There was no fairy tale ending but what an experience. I also spotted the following people during the breaks (who were on other tables)... Barry Greenstein, Huck Seed, Liv Boree, and the Phil's..... Ivey and Hellmuth. I'd like to go back next year - does anyone else fancy it?
    Posted by Doudeau

Nice idea in principle Doudeau, i really wish sky could get a team for this, but it may be the case that the main sponsor would not allow this. I dont know.

With regard to having Duuuuuurrrrr on your left! WOW, and i dont believe you didnt try a cheeky blind steal once:)
  • edited September 2010
    You say u have the worst luck???????? lol iI would say you HAD all the luck there!
  • edited September 2010
    Wow nice Doud.

I quite like this idea also would be nice to try satalite into this event.

What do mean greg that the main sponsor wouldnt allow it?
  • edited September 2010

Greghogg - before I went to the event I said the player I would most like to see at my table was Tom so to have him sitting next to me was fantastic - although as far as EV is concerned it wasn't the best result! I did manage to win a pot I was in with him with a c-bet and there was even one raise I made which he didn't call or re-raise! One call he made against another player was inspired and I was grateful to have witnessed it.

Also, I don't think we'd need an official team - just a group of people who satellite in as per Vegas WSOP.

BTW, durrr was very friendly, chatty and with no ego - as was Vanessa Rousso.

I gave the Official Photographer £10 to get a memento of the day (BTW, that's Liv Boree on the table behind).......

• edited September 2010

Who approves a photo?

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: WSOPE Satellites next year? Please:
    Who approves a photo?
    Posted by Doudeau

Me.

Slip me a five spot and i will sort it out.
  • edited September 2010
    Wow nice Doud. I quite like this idea also would be nice to try satalite into this event. What do mean greg that the main sponsor wouldnt allow it?
    Posted by Bawhumm
    What i mean is that for some events the main sponsor (an online poker site) has an exclusive deal with the event, meaning that the only online qualifiers are from their site.

• edited September 2010
    thanks for the reply.

Bit rubbish that though, would be nice to try sat from here.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: WSOPE Satellites next year? Please : What i mean is that for some events the main sponsor (an online poker site) has an exclusive deal with the event, meaning that the only online qualifiers are from their site.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Does this mean that sky couldnt organise an online qualifier for a "live" ko to a wsop event?