You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

POKER RULES

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
HI.IAM PLAYING LIVE 4 THE FIRST TIME NEXT WEEK IAM UNSURE OFA RULE.IF A PLEYER CALLS ME AFTET THE RIVER AND I KNOW IAM LOSING (I E . I Was bluffing) do i have to show my hand.thanks. phil.

Comments

• edited September 2010

usually yes you do, in some places you can say good call and muck if your opponent shows they can beat you 7 high.

If you can ask the tournament director before you start, as some rules change from venue to venue.

Good luck

• edited September 2010
    If you go allin and someone calls you, I believe you have to show, as they have called to see your cards. You shouldn't feel embarrassed about that anyway, since you can bet comfortably with literally anything. But if you call an allin and they show a hand that's beating you, you can muck without showing then.
  • edited September 2010
    i normally just announce my hand verbally and then get ready to muck when s/he shows that s/he can beat me
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: POKER RULES:
    i normally just announce my hand verbally and then get ready to muck when s/he shows that s/he can beat me
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Thats what i usually do, but some places are strict against it, in the rules im meant to follow with my new league it says if your last to bet you must show. (The last person to raise not call)
  • edited September 2010
    U only need to show the hand if he asks, most players will not unless they called to see your hand for info.

You will have to announce your hand if they call you of course, if you call them they have to annouce first but if they say they beat you make sure you see the hand.

Of course some venues may have rules that say you have to but I have never seen this enforced.