You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Was my slow play a mistake?

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Read not been at table long but xxx would raise with a hand when he got one x3 but liked to defend his blind and this was 2nd time in a row I had raised his BB he folded to a flop bet last time, he likes to limps pot if he can, always min raises on button and folded every time to a 3bet plus was sure he was bluffing on rivers as his bets did not add up to me how the hand had gone down. The table in general was ABC and quite tight xxx was a tad over aggressive with air IMO I let a few small pots go on the river to him.

I raised my normal x4 and did expect xxx to call and was more than happy with flop, I checked the flop expecting him to bet out on the turn his check/call puzzled me.

Your thoughts please????
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
RockettAce Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £21.12
xxx Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £15.90
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • J

bailey068 Fold     
waynecure Raise  £1.00 £1.30 £19.17
Nev1owl Fold     
RockettAce Fold     
xxx Call  £0.80 £2.10 £15.10
Flop

• K
  • K

xxx Check     
waynecure Check     
Turn

xxx Check     
waynecure Bet  £1.58 £3.68 £17.59
xxx Call  £1.58 £5.26 £13.52
River

jordan0880 Bet  £3.95 £9.21 £9.57
waynecure     

Comments

• edited September 2010

call , but u prob got stuck with the clubs there, if ur checking the river to make ur move on turn u need to be betting pot or more unless ur so strong it doesnt matter. Ur king is vulnarable to an ACE King or King queen and obv clubs. Unless i held two clubs myself or ace king i wouldnt bet less than pot here. However he has called here because either he is chasing the club or he has a king aswell. Or he is loose and has an 8!
    Call just dont raise

• edited September 2010
    we arent vulnerable to AK or KQ because we are losing to them.
    we are over 5:1 vs the club flush draw so the only reason to bet pot is just to get more value not for protection.

as played i would raise the river and fold to a 3bet. people just dont 3bet bluff rivers at these stakes.

btw if he loves to defend his blind and you have been raising it quite a bit and cbetting most flops i would probably be betting this flop. he will call with all smaller pairs and hes going to have A8s,K8sT8s,89,87,86s in his range

on second thoughts you arent deep enough to raise/fold. just jam