You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

IT'S PRIMO TIME! (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***)

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
Not long to go now.  Both the tournament and the TV show begin at 8pm. This evening, Trevor is the Lancey Howard to my Eric Stoner.

If there's a hand from Primo you'd like analysed on the telly, please post the Hand ID in this thread.  If there's a question you'd like to ask Hartigan & Harris (hmmm...sounds like a firm of tailors!), please post it in this thread.

And here's a couple of topics for you to get your teeth into:

(SERIOUS)  Is it right that the events at the World Series of Poker Europe award bracelets?  Shouldn't these coveted pieces of jewellery be reserved for the main WSOP festival in the summer?  Should the WSOPE not be put into the same bracket as the Circuit Events in the US and award rings? 

(NOT SO SERIOUS)  Earlier today, I bought a 'Primo'.  Where was I?  (No, it wasn't a coffee shop!)  And what's the most random / bizarre thing that reminds you of Sky Poker?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Hi James

Bearing in mind it is a weekend and you have a little 'un (Yorkshire speak for a child) I reckon you were in a toy shop as Primo is a form of LEGO (TM)

Maybe you unleashed the lost youth in you and went to a bike shop and bought a BMX PRIMO, show us some stunts in the studio!!

Bracelets for WSOPE Europe is a great question, they don't seem very exclusive to me with over 50 awarded at the Rio and more here, how about just awarding one for the WSOPE Main Event? Thats where I stand anyway.

Not playing tonight, just watching as failed in the satellite, I did however qualify for SPT Blackpool last night so happy days!!

And how about a shout out for winning the SPT Final last longer!!

Very demanding Dave tonight!!
  • edited September 2010
    who cares about bracelets?

it's all about the money.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: IT'S PRIMO TIME! (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***):
    who cares about bracelets? it's all about the money.
    Posted by beaneh
    All the Vegas degens who've got bracelet bets on players like Ivey and durrrr...?
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: IT'S PRIMO TIME! (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***) : All the Vegas degens who've got bracelet bets on players like Ivey and durrrr...?
    Posted by J-Hartigan

They're not betting so they win bracelets they're creating side action.

Did TJ care when he sold his for craps moneys?

• edited September 2010
    Are u feeling better now James? I fear I now have the dreaded tonsillitus as well!

I am always reminded of Sky Poker when I'm walking down the pavement and see the fire hydrant drain covers as they are identified as FH which, due to the text type at the poker tables, is Full House!

• edited September 2010
    Im trying to turn £11 into £33 just now so i can play :)

Fingers crossed!!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to IT'S PRIMO TIME! (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***):
    Not long to go now.  Both the tournament and the TV show begin at 8pm. This evening, Trevor is the Lancey Howard to my Eric Stoner. If there's a hand from Primo you'd like analysed on the telly, please post the Hand ID in this thread.  If there's a question you'd like to ask Hartigan & Harris (hmmm...sounds like a firm of tailors!), please post it in this thread. And here's a couple of topics for you to get your teeth into: (SERIOUS)  Is it right that the events at the World Series of Poker Europe award bracelets?  Shouldn't these coveted pieces of jewellery be reserved for the main WSOP festival in the summer?  Should the WSOPE not be put into the same bracket as the Circuit Events in the US and award rings?  (NOT SO SERIOUS)  Earlier today, I bought a 'Primo'.  Where was I?  (No, it wasn't a coffee shop!)  And what's the most random / bizarre thing that reminds you of Sky Poker?
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    i will be watching the show as usual. hopefully playing.... i know this question has probably been answered many times but..... have we seen the end of the 3d card room???? is the 2d screen view here to stay?? i hope not
  • edited September 2010

Im reminded of sky poker when Jeremy Kyle finishes at 10-30 everyday and Philip Schofield pops up on "this morning"

Don't panic DOHH !!  "Theres always an interesting repeat on 865" 
  • edited September 2010

I am mainly reminded of sky poker when i see mallards, or manbags.

• edited September 2010
    In Response to IT'S PRIMO TIME! (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***) : i will be watching the show as usual. hopefully playing.... i know this question has probably been answered many times but..... have we seen the end of the 3d card room???? is the 2d screen view here to stay?? i hope not
    Posted by bigflop1
    Yes.

Please have a read of THIS.
  • edited September 2010
    getting into bed reminds me off sky poker, it`s always a gamble getting into bed because the misses is there, what`s worse she`s a man utd supporter,
  • edited September 2010
    Im reminded of sky poker when Jeremy Kyle finishes at 10-30 everyday and Philip Schofield pops up on "this morning" Don't panic DOHH !!  "Theres always an interesting repeat on 865" 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    dont forget you get a kyle double bill at 1:30pm on itv2!!!!!!!! :)
  • edited September 2010
    Im trying to turn £11 into £33 just now so i can play :) Fingers crossed!!
    Posted by PKRPar
    Made it :)

Get in!!!
  • edited September 2010
    poop...i didnt get in :(
    gl everone whos in it! GO GET EM ;)
  • edited September 2010
    LOL at James

TV Classic, host plays in tourney!!

Maybe they have given you my last longer prize James!
  • edited September 2010

Interested to know how I could play this to get more value- how would you have played this when you've hit the flop so strongly but without much else out there?

I slowed down on purpose when the A hit, hoping that it would make my hand look a lot weak and induce a bluff, or make any A feel like they had the best hand. Not sure whether I should have reraised on the turn, or having called- whether I should have bet the river stronger. I felt villain didn't like his hand much.
  • edited September 2010
    Ha James!

Hand Request

Hand History #291246020

A couple of callers, then a decent raise by me. It would be interesting to see what my opponent had when I had the full house QQ555

• edited September 2010
    Ur gonna last longer than usual by sitting out James ;)
  • edited September 2010
    In a Bookshop?, In a Bicycle shop?, in a Gardening centre?
  • edited September 2010
    did u buy a computer
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to IT'S PRIMO TIME! (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***):
    Not long to go now.  Both the tournament and the TV show begin at 8pm. This evening, Trevor is the Lancey Howard to my Eric Stoner. If there's a hand from Primo you'd like analysed on the telly, please post the Hand ID in this thread.  If there's a question you'd like to ask Hartigan & Harris (hmmm...sounds like a firm of tailors!), please post it in this thread. And here's a couple of topics for you to get your teeth into: (SERIOUS)  Is it right that the events at the World Series of Poker Europe award bracelets?  Shouldn't these coveted pieces of jewellery be reserved for the main WSOP festival in the summer?  Should the WSOPE not be put into the same bracket as the Circuit Events in the US and award rings?  (NOT SO SERIOUS)  Earlier today, I bought a 'Primo'.  Where was I?  (No, it wasn't a coffee shop!)  And what's the most random / bizarre thing that reminds you of Sky Poker?
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    It all depends what value (ev)you put on winning a bracelet,there will be a point where alot of serious players will have one, i mean if jennifer tilly can win one,that makes winning a bracelet,nv (negative value) lol
  • edited September 2010
    Interesting! 

My first foray into the Primo, after winning a satellite and I am out after 12 minutes.

A5 vs 44 on an A45 flop.
  • edited September 2010
    I have an issue with the name of World Series of Poker Europe...surely an European Series of Poker?

I would actually say that the WSOPE Bracelets are now of more worth/prestiege than a WSOP event bracelet.   The BIs are higher, when you consider exchange rates..qualifty of players is far higher, going by the TV broadcasts, if you were to play in this then it is extremely unlikley that you wouldn't find yourself on the same table as a number fo the big name pros.

And theres always gonna be significantly less braclets out there on the open market, very unlikely you are gonna find one at a Pawn shop.
  • edited September 2010
    PRIMO - Is it a choice of service in a massage parlour.

& WSOP - How about something european like a special edition gold swiss movement watch.

• edited September 2010
    Was it a Primo car seat?
  • edited September 2010
    According to Google James, you purchased Hawaiian Beer ;) but then you said it was to do with your daughter, so that would be wrong!! ;)
  • edited September 2010
    WSOPE is so much tougher than WSOP it's ridic

the fields are intense, there are not 1000's of morans with lots of monies like in vegas.
  • edited September 2010
    Were you buying a baby carrier James? at a well known Store Are Requests Grossly Over Stated
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    #291243225 Interested to know how I could play this to get more value- how would you have played this when you've hit the flop so strongly but without much else out there? I slowed down on purpose when the A hit, hoping that it would make my hand look a lot weak and induce a bluff, or make any A feel like they had the best hand. Not sure whether I should have reraised on the turn, or having called- whether I should have bet the river stronger. I felt villain didn't like his hand much.
    Posted by DeucesLive
    Bet bigger on flop and don't check turn imo.
  • edited September 2010