You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should I call this??

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Is it profitable play to be calling this all in PF at NL4??
No reads on him.. He could have anything here.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
scorpio13 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £2.21
coombes01 Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £3.78
drac1946 Sit out        
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

flatline Raise   £0.12 £0.18 £2.84
punxxs_13 Raise   £0.36 £0.54 £4.72
scorpio13 Fold        
coombes01 Fold        
flatline All-in   £2.84 £3.38 £0.00
punxxs_13 Fold        
flatline Muck        
flatline Win   £0.78   £0.78
flatline Return   £2.60 £0.00 £3.38

Comments

• edited September 2010
    at this level yes all day long at higher level no
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Should I call this??:
    at this level yes all day long at higher level no
    Posted by Batkin88

Yeah your right.. Dumb move by me! lol.

Lost a few races today and I am running bad so I think that is why I folded.

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Should I call this??:
    Is it profitable play to be calling this all in PF at NL4?? No reads on him.. He could have anything here. Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance scorpio13 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £2.21 coombes01 Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £3.78 drac1946 Sit out           Your hole cards Q A       flatline Raise   £0.12 £0.18 £2.84 punxxs_13 Raise   £0.36 £0.54 £4.72 scorpio13 Fold         coombes01 Fold         flatline All-in   £2.84 £3.38 £0.00 punxxs_13 Fold         flatline Muck         flatline Win   £0.78   £0.78 flatline Return   £2.60 £0.00 £3.38  
    Posted by punxxs_13
    No never....you are obviously playing at this level because it suits your bankroll.....what was the outcome ??
  • edited September 2010
    Nah even at 4NL I wouldn't call this, he's actually made a decent raise to 3x then you 9x it, when he shoves yes he could have AJ/10 or JJ/1010 but for me it's not good to be calling off with AQ maybe AK but AQ not for me.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Should I call this??:
    In Response to Should I call this?? : No never....you are obviously playing at this level because it suits your bankroll.....what was the outcome ??
    Posted by efgloser
    No outcome...lol
  • edited September 2010
    id fold and wait for a better spot!!

you could be racing or dominated here!

wait until you get some reads from him if hes been nuts then id call maybe!
  • edited September 2010
    Hard to decide cos they can have a big range here.. People have done this against me loads of times with junk..
    But could easily have me dominated as well.. I would call for less or if they are playing like an idiot. :)
    Maybe should wait for a better spot but didn't know if it was best to call here most of the time at NL4.

• edited September 2010
    well i played this guy a few days ago at nl8 he was shoving nearly every hand i sat and waited for a half decent hand!

i got 99 thought that will do! he shoved i called he had aa!!!

so you never know really!!!!!
  • edited September 2010
  • edited September 2010

like i said call all day long lol! NL4 range is so wide he could have anything, u hit u win simples. U dont win u prob still win. He prob has A 10 or A 7 suited. So many donkeys down here u have to call IMO.
    Understandable that people say fold which is ryt at nl10 and above maybe even nl8 but dead cert call here. Double up and carry on.
    Also i have so many notes on this player, i have his range so wide and the constant shove with J10 suited.
    He has 4 bet me b4 with 8 6 on suit. He has also put 6.50 of his stack in on NL10 against me and then folded with 1.10 behind on the turn. He is a chancer and its a call whatever happens 9 times out of 10 ur winning against him and at this level

• edited September 2010
    the other posters dont have this read so they treat him as an unknown and it probably is a fold preflop.
    which should lead the OP to realising that it is probably better to flat call pre IP with a hand that does dominate his range
  • edited September 2010
    Thanks for the responses.. Try to take em all on board.