You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Deepy vs orfordable

edited September 2010 in Sky Poker Tournaments
Sky

Why r these on within 5 mins of each other every night? 7.15/7.20

Both deepstacks one a £2 buy in the other £3

Seems that spreading these out may consolidate people into one or the other & possibly people would enter both? Say 1 at 7.15 another at 8.15?

Seems to be a lack of small Deepstacks during the day - I missed the 2.20 by 3 mins not 1 until the evening. Then 2 at once. (Like Buses).

waddya think?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I personally think the Ofordable needed scrapping a few months back it often gets silly numbers like less than 20 ! Whislt the 7.15 is doing very well but would be even better with a few more from the orfordable gang. It's harsh but for me it has to go.
  • edited September 2010
    The 7-15 d/s used to be a really good game of poker,i know other players have a different view of this but i think the 7-15 got 2 big when it was part of the d/s league .And by becoming 2 big the amount of chancers playing increased so much that it turned into a lottery .
            Its a shame that the Ofordable dosent attract the players it should because i think a 10 seater tourney is better than a 6 seater one.I regester every wed ,fri , sat , and sunday but i find a lot of the time i have to deregester because there are not enough players, and for this reason alone i play the 7-15 d/s as at this time of the evening if you like playing d/s you do not have a lot of choice,apart from not playing at all .
           I will be interested to hear other players views on this subject, but what ever game you are playing in good luck to you all .
  • edited September 2010

the orfordable needs  50+ players to make it worth playing.perhaps putting it on once a week say sunday and not running the 7.15 on that day. the increaesed number of runners in the 7.15 isnt a problem for me as trying to workout the chancers and shovers is all part of the game imo

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Deepy vs orfordable:
     the orfordable needs  50+ players to make it worth playing.perhaps putting it on once a week say sunday and not running the 7.15 on that day. the increaesed number of runners in the 7.15 isnt a problem for me as trying to workout the chancers and shovers is all part of the game imo
    Posted by BADBOY985
    Everything uve stated here is correct imo.I strongly agree that the orfordable needs 50+ and maybe ure suggestion of it on a sunday and remove the 7.15 for 1 day could possibly work.Anyone else agree with this idea?
  • edited September 2010
    Just a question why does it need 50 plus ??????????????????????????????????????
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Deepy vs orfordable : Everything uve stated here is correct imo.I strongly agree that the orfordable needs 50+ and maybe ure suggestion of it on a sunday and remove the 7.15 for 1 day could possibly work.Anyone else agree with this idea?
    Posted by dav1964
    Got my vote - for a deepy I think 10 is better than 6
  • edited September 2010
    I have just played in tonights Ofordable, only 12 runners but it was a very good game of poker .Ok yes a few more would have been nice but surely it isnt about large numbers of players ,its about enjoying the game and the people who play that game .
           Please let me know what you think ,perhaps its just me who thinks this way .I for 1 would not be happy if the Ofordable was played only 1 night a week .
  • edited September 2010
    Just a question why does it need 50 plus ??????????????????????????????????????
    Posted by chew07
    its a 10 seater which i feel means you need over fifty to make it worth playing because with less you seem to spend very little time with full tables and also if i play a longer tourniment i dont want to get to the final table and have to knockout half the table to cash
  • edited September 2010
    I have just played in tonights Ofordable, only 12 runners but it was a very good game of poker .Ok yes a few more would have been nice but surely it isnt about large numbers of players ,its about enjoying the game and the people who play that game .        Please let me know what you think ,perhaps its just me who thinks this way .I for 1 would not be happy if the Ofordable was played only 1 night a week .
    Posted by chew07
    The reason I like having more runners is you win more moinez. Also I have a general rule that if a toruney doesn't get 30 I just won't play it, simply because top 5 paid is better and easier to cash, and when you get 50+ it's great because it's top 8 paid.

If I'm correct the Orfordable got increased from 1 day to 3 or summit a few months ago, the last few months it has been gradually dying, decreasing it to 1 might make it more special and so people are more inclined to take part, just my opinion though.
  • edited September 2010
    It did get increased to about 5 times a week by sky bernie after a poll saying people wanted more
    That was when there was 30+ runners everytime.

There was about 10/15 regulars that would always play it (me included) and it was always a great game with great table banter and railing (note for chew07 that there is a difference between railing an having a laugh than wanting to be the centre of attention ... fool)

This did get about 60 runners last time i played but it was heavily promoted in the forum and had Mr Miyagi in it so obviously it was more popular

I think having it twice a week and not running the 19.15 deepy the same night might get it back to the great MTT it use to be
  • edited September 2010
    Note for Pu at times its hard to tell the difference with certain people ,but i do take your point that it is a great tourny and its just a personal thing that i would not like to see this tourny only being played once a week .Thank you .
  • edited September 2010

THINK THE ORFORD GOT OVER 60 ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO

WAS PROMOTED IN THE FORUM

SURLY WOULD HELP THE NUMBERS IF THERE WAS ONLY 1 DEEPIE AROUND THAT TIME

BUT THEN ,SOME PREFER 6 SEATER TO 10 SEATER

IS A TOUGH ONE

MAYBE SWAP THEM EACH DAY ?!?!