You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

pair + fd quite deep in 3b pot

ybyb
edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Villain is a reg who has recently moved up from 50NL I think. Haven't played with him much before, but from what I remember he is fairly aggro who is capable of continuing with bluffs on more than 1 street. He hasn't been at the table long, and got his stack by getting a couple of big pairs aipf against a shortstack. He probably sees me as being aggro from action on other tables but I haven't got out of line on this table whilst he's been there so far.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
cincin62 Small blind   £0.50 £0.50 £88.95
IcBear25 Big blind   £1.00 £1.50 £120.80
  Your hole cards

ezryder Fold        
villain Raise   £3.00 £4.50 £193.70
yb Raise   £11.00 £15.50 £171.86
cincin62 Fold        
IcBear25 Fold        
villain Call   £8.00 £23.50 £185.70
Flop

villain Check        
yb Bet   £14.00 £37.50 £157.86
villain Raise   £42.00 £79.50 £143.70
yb All-in   £157.86 £237.36 £0.00
Do you prefer my line here or would you rather call the raise to let him bluff one more street? I don't think I'm folding out much that beats me by shoving because I'm not sure how often (if ever) he raises with 77-JJ but obv have pretty good equity when called anyway.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Is the villain me?

I dont remember the hand but im sure I was sat on this table and fit your description ;-)
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: pair + fd quite deep in 3b pot:
    Is the villain me?  I dont remember the hand but im sure I was sat on this table and fit your description ;-)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Nah its not you lol
  • edited September 2010
    Iv heard about this hand, and wen he told me the hands when the money went in, he said flush draw and straight draw, against top pair and better flush draw.....

From that.....no way in a million years wud I guess at a 6 high flop in a 3 bet pot ! haha

(I hope its the same 1 now!!)......

I wudnt be thinking on the flop, I'd just be jamming, how can u keep ur kool in situations like this when u 3 bet pre with 6-9 and flop the world???? Im too excited to think, and just go all in.
  • edited September 2010
    Why me yb??

Ok, I was villain here.  I`m not sure what you mean about letting me continue to bluff, as at the time you didnt realise I was bluffing, and essentially it was a semibluff anyway.  Obv I thought my flush draw was good.  I couldnt believe it when I saw ur hand lol, I was hoping to see AA/KK or w/e.

I dunno, in ur situation, I would play it exactly as you did.  While we are here, what do you think about my line.  Should I be cc rather than cr? and is this a standard stack off?

I havent really moved up from 50nl btw, just take little shots now and again.  This pot crippled me tbh, I also stacked off another 100 on another table around the same time.
    I told myself b4 i joined these 100nl tables, im really gonna nit it up haha.

Im not rolled to stay at 100nl, and will prob be dropiing back to 30nl for a while.

nh
  • edited September 2010
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    Why me yb?? Ok, I was villain here.  I`m not sure what you mean about letting me continue to bluff, as at the time you didnt realise I was bluffing, and essentially it was a semibluff anyway.  Obv I thought my flush draw was good.  I couldnt believe it when I saw ur hand lol, I was hoping to see AA/KK or w/e. I dunno, in ur situation, I would play it exactly as you did.  While we are here, what do you think about my line.  Should I be cc rather than cr? and is this a standard stack off? I havent really moved up from 50nl btw, just take little shots now and again.  This pot crippled me tbh, I also stacked off another 100 on another table around the same time. I told myself b4 i joined these 100nl tables, im really gonna nit it up haha. Im not rolled to stay at 100nl, and will prob be dropiing back to 30nl for a while. nh
    Posted by OMahonyO
    I didn't mean I knew you were bluffing, I meant that if I shoved I would only get called by sets/good draws probably because I doubt you'd raise an overpair on that flop. But if I flatted you might bet the turn with total air so I get 1 more street of value out of those hands, but in the end I just thought w/e and shoved lol, just not sure thats most +EV.

In your spot I play it exactly the same postflop, not sure about the call pre though because your oop. But calling with those sort of hands that deep is still ok imo if you think you can still outplay the opponent or if they have a tight pf range so you have good implied odds, so it depends on reads etc.

Gl at the tables
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    yawn
    Posted by beaneh
    get some sleep fella
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: pair + fd quite deep in 3b pot : get some sleep fella
    Posted by yb

just woken up.

fold pre obv
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: pair + fd quite deep in 3b pot : just woken up. fold pre obv
    Posted by beaneh
    you're the sort of person we need antes for!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: pair + fd quite deep in 3b pot : you're the sort of person we need antes for!
    Posted by yb

yup I pitch kings if its not a lively table. no point gambling.
  • edited September 2010
    id probably make it 1 or 2 bbs bigger pre beause hes going to be flat calling alot and he will have a super super super polarised 4betting range because of deepness and shot taking.

i think your line is fine post flop i wouldnt expect pure bluffs to be 2barreling the turn much anyway and if he does bet the turn its going to be a shove for just over pot sized which would put us in a nasty spot.

i think flatting pre might be better and just putting a TON of pressure on him post flop since its going to be almost 350bbs at his regular stakes and this will affect his decisions.

or u can get it in vs 8high and be crushing

• edited September 2010
    id probably make it 1 or 2 bbs bigger pre beause hes going to be flat calling alot and he will have a super super super polarised 4betting range because of deepness and shot taking. i think your line is fine post flop i wouldnt expect pure bluffs to be 2barreling the turn much anyway and if he does bet the turn its going to be a shove for just over pot sized which would put us in a nasty spot. i think flatting pre might be better and just putting a TON of pressure on him post flop since its going to be almost 350bbs at his regular stakes and this will affect his decisions. or u can get it in vs 8high and be crushing
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

This would be true if sober.  After a bucket load of Stella though, this doesnt really come into it.  I dont tend to call 3bets oop with sc`s unless smashed.
  • edited September 2010
    Mahony did you fold top pair and flush draw? why lol
  • edited September 2010
    Mahony did you fold top pair and flush draw? why lol
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

No I didnt,

yb, I dont mind you using my name btw
    cincin62 Small blind  £0.50 £0.50 £88.95
    IcBear25 Big blind  £1.00 £1.50 £120.80
      Your hole cards

ezryder Fold     
    OMahonyO Raise  £3.00 £4.50 £193.70
    yb Raise  £11.00 £15.50 £171.86
    cincin62 Fold     
    IcBear25 Fold     
    OMahonyO Call  £8.00 £23.50 £185.70
    Flop

OMahonyO Check     
    yb Bet  £14.00 £37.50 £157.86
    OMahonyO Raise  £42.00 £79.50 £143.70
    yb All-in  £157.86 £237.36 £0.00
    OMahonyO All-in  £143.70 £381.06 £0.00
    OMahonyO Unmatched bet  £13.84 £367.22 £13.84
    OMahonyO Show

yb Show

Turn

• J

River

yb Win Two Pairs, 6s and 2s £365.42  £365.42
  • edited September 2010
    we had a str8 flush between us, shouldnt that be a split pot
  • edited September 2010
    haha ^^^

i thought Yb said that you had top pair and better flush draw apologise, personally i would call in your spot too but i suck at cash
  • edited September 2010
    haha ^^^ i thought Yb said that you had top pair and better flush draw apologise, personally i would call in your spot too but i suck at cash
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    To be fair it would be impossible for mahony to hold top pair + FD when yb holds the 6h in his hand.

Sick spot for O to find himself in. Suppose still got a few outs thought but you'd be thinking you were in better shape than you were getting it in there.

3 x 7, 3 x 8, 3 x 4, 2 x 9.

Still 11 outs so suppose actually it's not that much worse than he'd have thought, well it's like 4 outs less than he thought he'd have, usually 9 flush outs and the 6 straight outs if against overpair.

• edited September 2010
    stoving it hes a 2:1 dog
  • edited September 2010
    I don't like mahoneys c/r otf fwiw.

YB You run like god to win this pot. whats it like?! mbn
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    I don't like mahoneys c/r otf fwiw. YB You run like god to win this pot. whats it like?! mbn
    Posted by beaneh
    say wuut?

I had a full sweat :(
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: pair + fd quite deep in 3b pot : say wuut? I had a full sweat :(
    Posted by yb

a;wkjtlan wlkmanw lkwaw ;kjawr a

MBN
  • edited September 2010
    [QUOTE]I don't like mahoneys c/r otf fwiw. YB You run like god to win this pot. whats it like?! mbn
    Posted by beaneh

What line would you/should I take here?

Donk into him?, cc?, Im never folding obv, but if I cc then what do I do if a) the turn blanks and b) I hit a heart or complete my straight.
    Surely I have to be thinking all my outs are clean in this spot.  If I cc and a heart hits, Im not gonna get his stack unless he goes mad with AAh or something.
    I was actually thinking maybe my cr wasnt big enough, as although he probs knew I was stacking off with my hand, a bigger cr would make him 100% certain. Just check shoving, is that an option??

Also , what does MBN mean?
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: pair + fd quite deep in 3b pot : [QUOTE ]I don't like mahoneys c/r otf fwiw . YB You run like god to win this pot. whats it like?! mbn Posted by beaneh
    What line would you/should I take here? Donk into him?, cc?, Im never folding obv, but if I cc then what do I do if a) the turn blanks and b) I hit a heart or complete my straight. Surely I have to be thinking all my outs are clean in this spot.  If I cc and a heart hits, Im not gonna get his stack unless he goes mad with AAh or something. I was actually thinking maybe my cr wasnt big enough, as although he probs knew I was stacking off with my hand, a bigger cr would make him 100% certain. Just check shoving, is that an option?? Also , what does MBN mean?
    Posted by OMahonyO

mbn = must be nice. 

In short I think you can get lots of folds c/r the flop. however when villain stacks off we aren't loving life this deep. still get it in omg massive draw yayayayayay geeeeet there etc but think how you'd play the bulk of the hands you raise call with pre.
  • edited September 2010
    what he means is he is jealous that you flopped oesfd with 8high oop in 3bet pot so will critisize anything
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: pair + fd quite deep in 3b pot : What line would you/should I take here? Donk into him?, cc?, Im never folding obv, but if I cc then what do I do if a) the turn blanks and b) I hit a heart or complete my straight. Surely I have to be thinking all my outs are clean in this spot.  If I cc and a heart hits, Im not gonna get his stack unless he goes mad with AAh or something. I was actually thinking maybe my cr wasnt big enough, as although he probs knew I was stacking off with my hand, a bigger cr would make him 100% certain. Just check shoving, is that an option?? Also , what does MBN mean? Posted by OMahonyO
    mbn = must be nice.  In short I think you can get lots of folds c/r the flop. however when villain stacks off we aren't loving life this deep. still get it in omg massive draw yayayayayay geeeeet there etc but think how you'd play the bulk of the hands you raise call with pre.
    Posted by beaneh

Ok, so you mean I should be disguising my hand, and play along to what he thinks my range is, ie, play as I would play jj/qq/ak ?

Apart from ak, unless hearts obv I probs play it the same, I might even donk, would this be bad ?  I would maybe muck jj to his shove.

Im still not sure I understand what you mean.  What is your line??
  • edited September 2010
    what hands do you raise pre with firstly.

then work out of those hands which ones do you call with pre which do you reraise etc

of those that you flat how strong are they normally on this flop and what hands is your donky villain representing. 

rather than just a case of i've hit I raise then call all in because I have outs lol 

• ybyb
    edited September 2010
    what hands is your donky villain representing.
    Posted by beaneh
    24 ftw? loool
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: pair + fd quite deep in 3b pot : 24 ftw? loool
    Posted by yb

shaddap donky get back in dohhs comedy thread. it's such fun :D