You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Moving tables in MTT's

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
Quick question

I'm usually so confused when I get moved that I cant work out whether u maintain your position to the blinds?

I know the button misses u out but can u go from say the cutoff to UTG?

Thanks

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Yes, table draws are completely random.
  • edited September 2010
    Thanks

sucks to be moved from button to UTG but suppose same for everyone
  • edited September 2010
    it does my head in as well .but it is the same for everyone i guess
  • edited September 2010
    It's annoying when you have to pay three big blinds in a row due to three sucessive table moves!

Thankfully though, this is rare, and table moves can also work to your advantage too!

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Moving tables in MTT's:
    It's annoying when you have to pay three big blinds in a row due to three sucessive table moves! Thankfully though, this is rare, and table moves can also work to your advantage too!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    try moving 3 times in a row without getting cards i had this once moved table ,had to wait for dealer button to pass me but no, hand finnished and moved again and same wiat for button to pass and yet again hand finnished and moved, it was so frustrating but also quite funny
  • edited September 2010
    I once got moved to another table where a hand was already in progress, 2 players got knocked out and I was bounced straight back to same table and seat I had just been moved from lol.
  • edited September 2010
    I played a turbo sat on PS a few years ago and got through having played only a couple of hands. I kept getting moved into late position and then moved again before the blinds hit me. I was getting total junk hands but it didn't matter as I hardly needed to play.
  • edited September 2010
    i never seemed to get moved when im getting a poor run of cards but last night for instance in the 8pm b/h had been on the same table from 8-9:15ish by the break i was sat on about 3500 2 hands after the break i fianlly got a hand and took 3 out straight away moved over the course of the night after my first winning hand i was moved tables a good 9-10 times always seeming to be placed with at least 2 of the top 5 chip stacks but hey not going to moan cashed deep maybe all the moving helps sometimes but use to think it was against me when ever i would be moved i would be placed with all the big stacks
  • edited September 2010
    I WAS BIG STACK ON TABLE WITH EVERYONE SHORT STACKED SO I COULD BULLY A BIT, BUT NO THEY MOVED ME TO A TABLE WHERE 4 OUT OFF THE 5 CHIP LEADERS WERE ON THE SAME TABLE AND THERE WERE STILL 30 ODD RUNNERS
  • edited September 2010
    always happens that i get in top 5 then im put with all the chipleaders although it is random i dont know how that can be random if happens to a few people, maybe its to prolong others tourneys but doesnt help i'd happily play the bully for a while on my table