You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

always calling?

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
bovril369 Small blind  200.00 200.00 21995.00
iBLUFF Big blind  400.00 600.00 2190.00
  Your hole cards

bullit All-in  3012.50 3612.50 0.00
los Fold     
crachaces Fold     
flopbet Fold     
bovril369 Fold     
iBLUFF All-in  2190.00 5802.50 0.00
bullit Unmatched bet  422.50 5380.00 422.50
iBLUFF Show

bullit Show
  • A
  • Q

Flop

Turn

• Q

River

bullit Win Two Pairs, Queens and 10s 5380.00  5802.50
this was a 50pound gtd freeroll i have 5bb`s but UTG shoves do u ever fold or is this the spot to double up and u have to call?

Comments

• edited September 2010
     One of the few times I would call an all-in with a pair of 7s with a big stack against a big stack is a freeroll eispecialy if the villian goes all-in regular some of the players in the freeroll go all-in with any rag ace or picture card any suited cards or connecters and If I have a big hand I dont feel I need to slow play it to much as some tend to call with the same range!
     In short call if they seem to be at it fold if you dont know because when you get a big hand their is a good chance you will get called by someone with a lesser hand.

• edited September 2010
    Freeroll? Absolutely IMO, the shove is unlikely to be a real premium pair (though it's possible) so against his range, you're either dominating a weak pair, flipping against overcards (as a marginal favourite) or rarely dominated by an overpair. I'd be much happier shoving with 7's personally, they lose a lot of value when you call with them, but in a freeroll at that stage I'd be happy to take a flip with your stack. You can't really afford to fold that, you're unlikely to find a better spot to double up before you lose all fold equity thanks to blinds.
  • edited September 2010
    100% right mate, mainly cos its a freeroll though got no money invested at present so you want to play for the win and your well ahead of opponents ranges here so why not. even if against overs they still need to hit so good play unlucky