You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Shoving with QQ pre in DYM

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Hi everyone,

the_don90 posted a thread a couple of weeks ago re shoving with QQs to the re-raise in the early stages of a DYM. Everyone, except me, said that it was the right thing to do - 'fist pump shove' was one answer that sticks in my mind lol! I just couldn't see how this would work in a game which, in the early levels you are playing 'risk averse'.

So, ive been trying it out. Sorry the_don - my answer was very very wrong. First time I tried - found myself crushed by AAs - ahhhhh. But, not to be discouraged ive since doubled and trebled up.

How would everyone advise on playing JJs or 1010. I do like to raise pre with these hands (usully 4 bigs in the early stages). Would it be wiser to call a re-raise and see a flop or 'fist pump and shove' again?

By the way, I play the £1.15 £2.25 stakes - if thats any help.

Thanks for any advice

Si

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Don't stack off with JJ/TT unless your opponents will put it in with ALOT worse. make sets. get paid. yays.
  • edited September 2010
    cheers Beaneh

I only seem to hit a set when ive already folded - hole cards 94 off and two nines hit the flop lol - but thats poker

Thanks for reply

Si
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Shoving with QQ pre in DYM:
    cheers Beaneh I only seem to hit a set when ive already folded - hole cards 94 off and two nines hit the flop lol - but thats poker Thanks for reply Si
    Posted by silkworm1

This is incorrect.

You only remember hitting sets when you fold more than you remember missing when you fold.
  • edited September 2010
    take notes, ur b surprised how many times u play the same people

ur soon get 2 know who's willing to stack off with 44 & a8o etc on level 1/2
  • edited September 2010
    yeah - your prob right there Beaneh. Funny how the bad things stick.

Started to take more notes now SHANXTA and yep -  always meet at least one familiar name - if not 2 or 3.
    There was a thread not so long ago about what best to right in the notes, which helped a great deal.

Cheers

Si
  • edited September 2010
    defo raise 3-4 times pre or re-raise with the said hands 10-10, J-J, depends on my reads whether i would be willing to get as muvh in preflop as possible. if your not confident or dont have specific reads you want to try to control the pot so you can get away at any danger cards etc