You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is there anything more i could of done or was it just unlucky

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
then i get a sarcastic remark from the winner of the pot of thank you in the chat box

Comments

• edited September 2010
    so basically i was playing 0.15/0.30 about half an hour ago full table stacks were reasonable apart from 1 or 2 there hadnt really been much action during the time i was on the table only every now and then, then this happens basically what i want to know is if i could of done anything else pre flop or even during the flop,turn and river. Nothing happens pre so i pop it up 4x the big blind.
      Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £12.77
      Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £12.58
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

Call   £0.30 £0.75 £6.45
      Fold        
      Fold        
    delaney91 Raise   £1.20 £1.95 £17.26
      Fold        
      Call   £0.90 £2.85 £11.68
      Call   £0.90 £3.75 £5.55
    Flop

• Q

Check        
      Bet   £0.90 £4.65 £4.65
      Raise   £5.06 £9.71 £12.20
      Call   £5.06 £14.77 £6.62
      Call   £4.16 £18.93 £0.49
    Turn

• J

Check        
      All-in   £0.49 £19.42 £0.00
      All-in   £12.20 £31.62 £0.00
      All-in   £6.62 £38.24 £0.00
      Unmatched bet   £5.58 £32.66 £5.58
      Show
    • Q

Show
    • Q

Show
    • A
    • A

River

Win Two Pairs, Queens and 4s £31.03   £31.03
  • edited September 2010
    lol make notes on both and move the earth to make sure you sit at their tables again

can't believe you got 2 calls pre with a 4x raise by 2 players with raggy queens, I've seen people play rag aces but that's another level haha, that's a christmas present of a table

Ul on this occasion but you did everything right, just a shame his kicker paired too because I think they'd both stack off with top pair no kicker, beautiful stuff. Easy game.
  • edited September 2010
    not really, if you was aware that they would call maybe a little bit more pre but at this level thats terrible call by the opponents. maybe they called for flush & two pair only but defo make a note, im not getting of it from then either very unlucky.

PS- Although you have not said a bad word about the others need to get rid of players names mate :o)
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Is there anything more i could of done or was it just unlucky:
    not really, if you was aware that they would call maybe a little bit more pre but at this level thats terrible call by the opponents. maybe they called for flush & two pair only but defo make a note, im not getting of it from then either very unlucky. PS- Although you have not said a bad word about the others need to get rid of players names mate :o)
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

Oh yeah welcome to the forum/clinic buddy you should enjoy it here :P
  • edited September 2010
    unfortunately people call with junk and obv you were unlucky.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Is there anything more i could of done or was it just unlucky:
    not really, if you was aware that they would call maybe a little bit more pre but at this level thats terrible call by the opponents. maybe they called for flush & two pair only but defo make a note, im not getting of it from then either very unlucky. PS- Although you have not said a bad word about the others need to get rid of players names mate :o)
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    thanks i wasnt really aware that i would get 2 callers as they both weren't really doing much while i was on the table i expected the one call from the shorter stack as he was raising up and calling raises quite often but when i got the 2 callers i was a bit put off but when the flop comes down 2 low cards and a queen i presumed i was good...... ahh sorry about that i will remove the names now
    and thank you for welcoming me hopefully i will learn a lot more and improve my game substantially
  • edited September 2010
    lol make notes on both and move the earth to make sure you sit at their tables again can't believe you got 2 calls pre with a 4x raise by 2 players with raggy queens, I've seen people play rag aces but that's another level haha, that's a christmas present of a table Ul on this occasion but you did everything right, just a shame his kicker paired too because I think they'd both stack off with top pair no kicker, beautiful stuff. Easy game.
    Posted by DeucesLive
    yeah i made notes on both especially the eventual winner of the hand.... i had previous run ins with him on the table while i was there where he called off majority of his stack with top pair lousy kicker but that time i had a full house i mean i would of understood if i min raised i would expect callers but just couldnt understand the call of a 4x bet when he was relatively short stacked but hey i guess thats poker you win some you lose some just hurts that little bit more when you get called with a well below average when you get the hand you have been waiting for all day
  • edited September 2010
    Just unlucky how could you put them on Q 4
  • edited September 2010
    Just unlucky how could you put them on Q 4
    Posted by waynecure
    exactly my thought when the cards went over i expected to see the Q in at least one of their hands something along the lines of QK or even QA due to the quickness in which they were calling my raises and re raises but when i see Q 4 my heart went to my throat the thing that got to me most was the manner of how he reacted when he took the pot by saying to me in the chat box thank you doesnt seem to respect anyone but i guess i will see him more often or at least find him cause now i know the range at what he plays at i can exploit it i guess cause more often he is definitely gonna lose playing those cute looking suited cards.... but thanks for your reply
  • edited September 2010
    Play with them more.
  • edited September 2010
    Play with them more.

Posted by big_mick12
     I plan to thing is just finding them again as soon as he got the pot he played 2 more hands which he folded both and run
  • edited September 2010
    that's just very unlucky! You did everything right, in my opinion perfect pre flop raise, perfect re-raise post flop, and perfect move after the turn! you were just unfortunate to come up against two pretty poor players! 
  • edited September 2010
    Q4 twice in a day this time in the main event tonight didnt helph that it didnt load until 20 minutes in and i pick up AK 50/100 with 790 push and get it again i know its a bh and its all about taking people out but can he really call that with the chip stack he has ?

Small blind   50.00 50.00 3325.00
      Big blind   100.00 150.00 2680.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

All-in   790.00 940.00 0.00
      Fold        
      Fold        
      Fold        
      Fold        
      Call   690.00 1630.00 1990.00
      Show
    • Q

Show
    • A
    • K

Flop

Turn

River

• J

Two Pairs, 4s and 2s 1630.00   3620.00

• edited September 2010
    ofcourse he can call he only has a click a button, whether calling is profitable or not is another matter entirely
  • edited September 2010
    this is what you want delaney, people calling you with junk all day long the luck will soon change
  • edited September 2010
    this is what you want delaney, people calling you with junk all day long the luck will soon change
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    hopefully sooner rather than later