You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ronnie O'Sullivan

edited September 2010 in The Shed
Anyone see the snooker?

Ronnie is mid break asking how much the prize for the biggest break is. He gets told none and just does a 147 anyway!!!

it's on bbc video if you wanna watch. bit longer than his 5 min 147 but still incredible!!!

ROOOOOONIEEEEE FOR KING!!!!!!

Comments

• edited September 2010
  • edited September 2010

lol Mark Kings face at the start of that video is one of the funniest things I've seen for a long time.

• edited September 2010
    I just loved the way he smashed in the black, classic.
  • edited September 2010

I rate Ronnie as a player but as person, he is too arrogant by far!!!

Why didn't he just play on and then AFTER hitting the 147, donate 'only 4k' to the Paul Hunter charity or something like that. 

He plays Jimmy White in the next round......come on the whirlwind....roll back that clock and send the ungrateful O'sullivan into his ongoing promised early retirement !!!!

Rant over.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Ronnie O'Sullivan:
    I rate Ronnie as a player but as person, he is too arrogant by far!!! Why didn't he just play on and then AFTER hitting the 147, donate 'only 4k' to the Paul Hunter charity or something like that.  He plays Jimmy White in the next round......come on the whirlwind....roll back that clock and send the ungrateful O'sullivan into his ongoing promised early retirement !!!! Rant over.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    1000% agree with this.
    well said sir.
  • edited September 2010
    I rate Ronnie as a player but as person, he is too arrogant by far!!! Why didn't he just play on and then AFTER hitting the 147, donate 'only 4k' to the Paul Hunter charity or something like that.  He plays Jimmy White in the next round......come on the whirlwind....roll back that clock and send the ungrateful O'sullivan into his ongoing promised early retirement !!!! Rant over.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    +1 and then some!
    he had to be persuaded to pot the last black for the fans.
    shows you how much he thought of them because he said the referee "guilted" him in to doing it
  • edited September 2010

He's just bored, and wants attention.

The guy is phenomenal. 

He's up there with Phil Taylor, Tiger Woods, and Shane Warne imo as the best sportsman of my lifetime.

I know that professionals betting on sport is a really grey area.......but does anyone know......

Is it illegal to bet on yourself in a tournament????

And if it is, why??? It's so ridiculous!!

If I was Ronny, I'd go to the bookies the night before the World Championships and put a significant amount of money (enough so that it wud hurt him a tad) on myself to win the title. (maybe 500k?)

He needs motivation, if he retires it will be disastrous for snooker, if someone THAT MUCH BETTER than everyone else is taken away, snooker will be the only loser. 

All the best people at everything are arrogant, it comes with being the best. 

Good luck to him !!

****And a quick edit - if the fans feel short changed that they saw ronny score 140, but he couldn't be a rsed to pot the black, they should buy tickets for Peter Ebdon v Greame Dott next time and watch them play 5 frames over 5 hours and hope they get to see a break above 50.
  • edited September 2010
    He's just bored, and wants attention. The guy is phenomenal.  He's up there with Phil Taylor, Tiger Woods, and Shane Warne imo as the best sportsman of my lifetime. I know that professionals betting on sport is a really grey area.......but does anyone know...... Is it illegal to bet on yourself in a tournament???? And if it is, why??? It's so ridiculous!! If I was Ronny, I'd go to the bookies the night before the World Championships and put a significant amount of money (enough so that it wud hurt him a tad) on myself to win the title. (maybe 500k?) He needs motivation, if he retires it will be disastrous for snooker, if someone THAT MUCH BETTER than everyone else is taken away, snooker will be the only loser.  All the best people at everything are arrogant, it comes with being the best.  Good luck to him !!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    There is such a thing as a good winner as well as a good loser.
    Personally i think he has no class.
    the difference between him and Roger Federer for example is
    night and day.
  • edited September 2010

Federer doesn't have the edge at tennis that Ronnie has at snooker

Who wants to be a gracious loser??? 

Theyre professionals. they shud want to be the best, win at all costs IMO !!

No1 remembers who comes 2nd !
  • edited September 2010
    Federer doesn't have the edge at tennis that Ronnie has at snooker Who wants to be a gracious loser???  Theyre professionals. they shud want to be the best, win at all costs IMO !! No1 remembers who comes 2nd !
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I don't know what you mean by ronnie having the edge over federer.
    Federer is THE most successful tennis player ever.Ronnie isn't even close to being the
    most successful snooker player.He just thinks he is.
  • edited September 2010

He could be if he wanted to be. Easily.
  • edited September 2010

I am not questioning Ronnie's obvious talent and natural ability. The thing that gets to me is when any top sportsman gets too big headed and starts to treat his chosen sport with contempt.
    The 'Power', Tiger and Warney would not diss their own sports like this, so why is it ok for Ronnie???

• edited September 2010
    Ronnie is THE man at snooker.

even if he is a dousche you have to respect his talent. had a horrific upbringing and weird life no wonder he's messed up. give him a break and he'll what 147's in for you!!
  • edited September 2010
    Ronnie is THE man at snooker. even if he is a dousche you have to respect his talent. had a horrific upbringing and weird life no wonder he's messed up. give him a break and he'll what 147's in for you!!
    Posted by beaneh
    this

(beaneh for the win)
  • edited September 2010
    towel on head was epic