You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

LOW BANKROLL E.G £100

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat

WHATS THE BEST WAY TO PLAY AND MAKE MONEY FROM JUST £100 ?? , WOULD IT BE BETTER TO PLAY 50P/£1
OR MORE , OR DYM,S E.G £20 DYM ???

Comments

• edited September 2010
    with £100 you really dont want to be playing higher than 5/10p.

even that level only gives you 10 buyins (at 100bbs)

id say try 5/10 first see how you get on!!

or try £2/3 dyms..........
  • edited September 2010
    oh to have £100 - when r they introducing the 1p/2p tables?
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    lol don't play 50p/£1

it depends how good you think you are, if you're still a beginner/learning the game I would stick to 2p/4p cash games and sng's/mtt's with a buy-in of £3 or less.
  • edited September 2010
    PLay 2£ deepstacks, max 5£ mtts and 2p/4p cash. 

you have to take into account how much losing the hundo would affect you and your life circumstances

so if you can reload and still eat be more aggressive with your monies, if you cant eat the mo take the hundo out and go maccy ds!
  • edited September 2010
    50/£1 :O

£20 DYMs :O

thats a very poor BR management, 1 and 5 BIs eeek.

2/4p or 4/8p MAX for cash and £5.50 MAX DYM
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: LOW BANKROLL E.G £100:
    PLay 2£ deepstacks, max 5£ mtts and 2p/4p cash.  you have to take into account how much losing the hundo would affect you and your life circumstances so if you can reload and still eat be more aggressive with your monies, if you cant eat the mo take the hundo out and go maccy ds!
    Posted by beaneh
    wow maccy ds have put their prices up since i last went
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: LOW BANKROLL E.G £100 : wow maccy ds have put their prices up since i last went
    Posted by SHANXTA

nah you just used to get staff discount :p
  • edited September 2010
    monday nights take on tikay would be a must for me with that sort of bankroll
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: LOW BANKROLL E.G £100 : nah you just used to get staff discount :p
    Posted by beaneh
    lol, plus i only used to get a happy meal, toys ftw
  • edited September 2010
    welcome

I'd do:-

cash - 2p/4p which does get a bit creative!
    dyms - upto £1/£2
    MTT's - deepstacks £2.20

You should get plenty of experience that way.

don't go much higher as it would be easy to lose a large proportion of your bankroll

Good luck
  • edited September 2010
    Give the £2.20 Deepstacks a go, every day at 7.15pm plenty of chips and time to learn how to play proper poker. ;)
  • edited September 2010
    Give the £2.20 Deepstacks a go, every day at 7.15pm plenty of chips and time to learn how to play proper poker. ;)
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Whats that then?

Totally disagree as I play in the £2.20 Deepstacks & I ihaven't a clue what i'm doing!

Seriously though, they are fun & u get 2-4 hrs for £2 - u never know you may even win the odd one (If I can win em anyone can!) for approx £35 - thats another couple of weeks worth for free.

Give em a go - U may be lucky enough to knock me out - (gotta be quick tho)
  • edited September 2010
    50/£1 :O £20 DYMs :O thats a very poor BR management, 1 and 5 BIs eeek. 2/4p or 4/8p MAX for cash and £5.50 MAX DYM
    Posted by The_Don90
    don you are the king of bad br management!!!!!!!

you should listen to your own advice lol ;)
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: LOW BANKROLL E.G £100 : don you are the king of bad br management!!!!!!! you should listen to your own advice lol ;)
    Posted by donkeyplop
    brutal ownage plop, have a heart!
  • edited September 2010
    haha i get on well with don so im sure he will take it in the manner it was meant!!!!

• edited September 2010
    haha i get on well with don so im sure he will take it in the manner it was meant!!!!

• edited September 2010
    with £100 you really dont want to be playing higher than 5/10p. even that level only gives you 10 buyins (at 100bbs) id say try 5/10 first see how you get on!! or try £2/3 dyms..........
    Posted by donkeyplop
    thanks for your advice , i think i should have been a little clearer , i allow myself £100 per day to play with
    mon - fri , i cant reload as my other half watches me play , i built my actual bankroll to a little over £1000 which is what i have to play poker with , as u can tell im not the best player by any means and its always bad beats that get me, playing with £100 per day would u still advise the very small amounts ????
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: LOW BANKROLL E.G £100 : brutal ownage plop, have a heart!
    Posted by theneons

But very true, i woulda put it if donkey didnt

lol £100 a day is completely different, it depends on how many games you want to play and how long you can play for? do you prefer cash or mtt?
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: LOW BANKROLL E.G £100 : thanks for your advice , i think i should have been a little clearer , i allow myself £100 per day to play with mon - fri , i cant reload as my other half watches me play , i built my actual bankroll to a little over £1000 which is what i have to play poker with , as u can tell im not the best player by any means and its always bad beats that get me, playing with £100 per day would u still advise the very small amounts ????
    Posted by airborn804
    still if your bankroll is just over £1000, i certainly wouldnt be saying to myself play with a £100 per day because a few bad days could really take a hit to your bankroll. I would say £5.50 DYMS would be a good way to get started. And also the 8:15 £5.50 deepstack, as that is great value.
  • edited September 2010
    must be lucky to have that sort of bankroll to play with ... wish i did