You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bankroll management

edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
I understand the concept of bankroll & never playing with more than 5% when playing cash poker. The question i ask is how much % / amount of your bankroll should lose before stop playing. I see other players reloading two, three, four times when multi-tabling. i have been gulity of this myself especially after a suck out....... Now the pro's say that can keep playing as long as your making the correct desicions. So far the sake of this discussion lets say have a bankroll of  2k

when should stop & come back another day 50 / 100 / 200 / more????????????

Now ideally this would not even be a worry because would be in profit all the time....but at the moment i cant quite master that!!!!!!

Comments

• edited August 2009
    Personally im not a cash player, but if i was.... It depends on how you feel the table is going... if all your pull ups are because of bad beats and you feel you are a better player/have reads on all other players and in the long run you will win, then keep going... If you are being outplayed then call it a day ASAP or switch tables
  • edited August 2009
    If I recall correctly you are a reg in the 100/200 games yeah?

Some of those games get super aggro so variance shoots up, really it should be 100BIs for those reggy games multitabling but I think that 50 is fine.

Stop-loss is a tool that a lot of players use.  I would say if you drop 10% of your roll in one day you should probably quit.

That being said I've had some 30BI downswings in a day so who I am to talk.