You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

check or bet on flop?

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
xbootneck2 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £6.50
visadama Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £2.40
  Your hole cards

iBLUFF Raise  £0.16 £0.22 £3.77
xbootneck2 Call  £0.14 £0.36 £6.36
visadama Call  £0.12 £0.48 £2.28
Flop

xbootneck2 Check     
visadama Check     
iBLUFF Bet  £0.12 £0.60 £3.65
xbootneck2 Call  £0.12 £0.72 £6.24
visadama Fold     
Turn

xbootneck2 Check     
iBLUFF Check     
River

• A

xbootneck2 Bet  £0.08 £0.80 £6.16
iBLUFF Raise  £0.52 £1.32 £3.13
xbootneck2 Call  £0.44 £1.76 £5.72
iBLUFF Show

xbootneck2 Show
  • K
  • K

iBLUFF Win Four 10s £1.63  £4.76
should i of checked the flop and what should i of done on turn advice would be helpfull

Comments

• edited September 2010
    How much would you normally c bet? Not 12p into 48 surely???

Bet 32p on the flop, bet 3/4 pot on the turn, and pot the river. 

People say time after time that people at this level just wont fold any pair/draw......then get the nuts and plat it slow.....You need to get paid with these hands.

You won a pot  of £1.63, when you should have won a pot of £7.89.

BET BET BET !!!!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: check or bet on flop?:
    How much would you normally c bet? Not 12p into 48 surely??? Bet 32p on the flop, bet 3/4 pot on the turn, and pot the river.  People say time after time that people at this level just wont fold any pair/draw......then get the nuts and plat it slow.....You need to get paid with these hands. You won a pot  of £1.63, when you should have won a pot of £7.89. BET BET BET !!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    i normaly c bet about 28p, but as i hit so strong i wanted to look weak with the 12p bet, and on the turn i knew i should of bet but didnt want to lose the player from the hand.And on the river i thought with the A on board i was lucky to get paid tbh
  • edited September 2010

Yes u were lucky to get paid on the end, which makes your slow play earlier on in the hand more questionable.

Dont worry about looking weak at this level, just bet your hands strongly. It goes back to basics with bet sizing again.....

If I flop top set against an over-pair on a 10 high board, I expect to double up and/or take all my opponents money......It's the perfect spot.
  • edited September 2010
    Yep c bet 30p + , turn double at least and river overbet mainly cos everyone will call at this level big draws or big pairs. looking at the opponents hand your should have got his stack at this point, river was only reason he was slowing down and just calling
  • edited September 2010
    remember that at this level, you'll get called a vast amount of times but you WON'T get raised anywhere near as much. So you have to do all the work yourself, and when you do get raised, unless you have the unbeatable nuts (as you do now) get very aware of what your opponent may have.

Key to low limit is bet bet bet and overbet everytime you get a big hand. Get paid!!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: check or bet on flop?:
    remember that at this level, you'll get called a vast amount of times but you WON'T get raised anywhere near as much. So you have to do all the work yourself, and when you do get raised, unless you have the unbeatable nuts (as you do now) get very aware of what your opponent may have. Key to low limit is bet bet bet and overbet everytime you get a big hand. Get paid!!
    Posted by DeucesLive
    thanks for the advice deuces i have been  playing at higher levels but  thought i might have to move down so any advice will be good thanks