You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What would you do next?

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
5toneFace Small blind   £0.50 £0.50 £197.06
FlashFlush Big blind   £1.00 £1.50 £97.26
  Your hole cards

STACKS45 Call   £1.00 £2.50 £136.26
ezryder Fold        
ajs4385 Raise   £4.00 £6.50 £97.00
offshoot Call   £4.00 £10.50 £131.75
5toneFace Fold        
FlashFlush Call   £3.00 £13.50 £94.26
STACKS45 Call   £3.00 £16.50 £133.26
Flop

FlashFlush Check        
STACKS45 Check        
ajs4385 Bet   £10.00 £26.50 £87.00
offshoot Call   £10.00 £36.50 £121.75
FlashFlush

Comments

• edited September 2010
    personally i look around and think, ****, what am i doing sat at 100nl with flash, ajs and offshoot! 

fwiw what i would do would all depend on reads, and as i don't play against these 2 players, i have no reads  
  • edited September 2010
    Fold there maybe call if you had the flush draw
  • edited September 2010
    i'd fold pre, offshoot has you in position and although you got pretty hand its only 89

I'd probably call as played, then re-evaluate on the turn if hit straight and no diamonds then try get it in, if still drawing or picked up additional outs it depends on the action before maybe c/c
  • edited September 2010
    id call and see the turn
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: What would you do next?:
    id call and see the turn
    Posted by N1CK
    This

There isnt much else you can do tbh.
  • edited September 2010
    id call and see the turn
    Posted by N1CK
  • edited September 2010
    3 bet pre, pos.
    Dont play hands OOP vs 2 of the best regs at this level.
    If you call and hit your draw, what do you do on the turn and/or what will they do? if you bet will they call? if you check will one of em bet?
    I cant see ajs on a stone cold bluff (betting into 3 players) so i dont think a raise is gonna make him go away.
    offshoot flating, he could be slow playing a monster 8d,9d or the nut flush draw.
    To be honest im real unsure what i would do, i prob call and hope for 6h, but im prob 3 betting pre as ajs can have a very wide range and he sees me as a nit.
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    3 bet pre, pos. Dont play hands OOP vs 2 of the best regs at this level. If you call and hit your draw, what do you do on the turn and/or what will they do? if you bet will they call? if you check will one of em bet? I cant see ajs on a stone cold bluff (betting into 3 players) so i dont think a raise is gonna make him go away. offshoot flating, he could be slow playing a monster 8d,9d or the nut flush draw. To be honest im real unsure what i would do, i prob call and hope for 6h, but im prob 3 betting pre as ajs can have a very wide range and he sees me as a nit.
    Posted by freechips1
    Meh I think playing this kind of hand is fine oop in a multiway pot (as long as you dont stack off when it comes 8 high etc), 3betting is ok as well if they see you as a nit. I really doubt offshoot has a set on this kind of board, but yeah ajs has always got top pair or better or a good draw so raising isn't going to get through very much.

Calling /> Folding > Raising imo

Btw does ajs really see you as a nit?
  • edited September 2010
    I AM A NIT, haha
  • edited September 2010
    3 bet pre, pos. Dont play hands OOP vs 2 of the best regs at this level. If you call and hit your draw, what do you do on the turn and/or what will they do? if you bet will they call? if you check will one of em bet? I cant see ajs on a stone cold bluff (betting into 3 players) so i dont think a raise is gonna make him go away. offshoot flating, he could be slow playing a monster 8d,9d or the nut flush draw. To be honest im real unsure what i would do, i prob call and hope for 6h, but im prob 3 betting pre as ajs can have a very wide range and he sees me as a nit.
    Posted by freechips1
    i just like the call pre its a good hand for a multiway pot i wouldnt want to get blown off it, ajs range can be pretty wide but offshoot could have anything, he could have a huge hand pre and just call because he dosnt want to squeeze the limper out but then he knows aj knowns that he knows hes isolating and could induce him to play back at him if that makes sense lol, i think fine as played see the turn and go from there
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: What would you do next? : i just like the call pre its a good hand for a multiway pot i wouldnt want to get blown off it, ajs range can be pretty wide but offshoot could have anything, he could have a huge hand pre and just call because he dosnt want to squeeze the limper out but then he knows aj knowns that he knows hes isolating and could induce him to play back at him if that makes sense lol, i think fine as played see the turn and go from there
    Posted by N1CK
    you played much with offshoot? he is very rearly if ever flating with a monster pre (ak, aa, kk, qq) with the early limper and ajs raise.
    the way its played from offshoots point of veiw, when he calls one of the blinds is coming along and so will the early pos limp, he will never take a 4 way flop with a premium hand, and nor will any other player, i hope.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: What would you do next? : you played much with offshoot? he is very rearly if ever flating with a monster pre (ak, aa, kk, qq) with the early limper and ajs raise. the way its played from offshoots point of veiw, when he calls one of the blinds is coming along and so will the early pos limp, he will never take a 4 way flop with a premium hand, and nor will any other player, i hope.
    Posted by freechips1
    yeah its a fair point
  • edited September 2010
    CALL and hit ezzz off and AJ are both fish so they will pay you off
  • edited September 2010
    if the limper is jsut dead money id flat pre.  post the turn card pls
  • edited September 2010
    omg easiest rr pre ever (with your image I would assume)

as is call flop make draw on turn, swivel around on your chair in excitement then go ARRRRR EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN yayayayayayayaay
  • edited September 2010
    Well I thought I had found a good sqeeze spot here... Agreed AJS isn't Cbetting with nothing when there are 3 other players but that doesn't mean he has to have hit it smack in the face, IMO if he has hit a big hand he is betting 13/14£ here expecting 1 caller. Offshoot rarely flats raises, he either folds or 3bets, so looks to me he could be on a flush draw (unlikey to be the nut flush) so I shoved for my £94 stack.

The thing neither I or anyone else on this thread has considered is stacks45 sitting back with a monster,  I knew I was in trouble when he snapped my shove, AJS also called very quickly and offshoot got out of the way (as expected)....

Below is what happened....
  • edited September 2010
    5toneFace Small blind   £0.50 £0.50 £197.06
    FlashFlush Big blind   £1.00 £1.50 £97.26
      Your hole cards

STACKS45 Call   £1.00 £2.50 £136.26
    ezryder Fold        
    ajs4385 Raise   £4.00 £6.50 £97.00
    offshoot Call   £4.00 £10.50 £131.75
    5toneFace Fold        
    FlashFlush Call   £3.00 £13.50 £94.26
    STACKS45 Call   £3.00 £16.50 £133.26
    Flop

FlashFlush Check        
    STACKS45 Check        
    ajs4385 Bet   £10.00 £26.50 £87.00
    offshoot Call   £10.00 £36.50 £121.75
    FlashFlush All-in   £94.26 £130.76 £0.00
    STACKS45 Call   £94.26 £225.02 £39.00
    ajs4385 All-in   £87.00 £312.02 £0.00
    offshoot Fold        
    STACKS45 Call   £2.74 £314.76 £36.26
    FlashFlush Show

STACKS45 Show

ajs4385 Show

Turn

River

STACKS45 Win Full House, 5s and 7s £312.96   £349.22
  • edited September 2010
    who cares about the limp cawler he wont have hit often.

c/jamming looks a hell of a lot like a draw 
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    I disagree with some of your reads.

This move is really bad imo because you have bad equity when called and the shove doesn't get through anywhere near enough times.
  • edited September 2010
    I disagree with some of your reads. This move is really bad imo because you have bad equity when called and the shove doesn't get through anywhere near enough times.
    Posted by yb
    I realise this now... I posted it to see if anyone else would say to jam before I posted results... I thought there would be alot of action junkies out there that would be smashing it in here as well.

At the end of the day, I wasnty miles away with my reads... AJS  did want to increase the pot slowly and leaving possibilities of folding later on, offshoot did fold as expected, just as beaneh said you can't expect stacks to wake up with a monster.

*Note to self* Go back to AA and KK only    ;-)
  • edited September 2010
    note to flash reraise pre. :-)
  • edited September 2010
    note to flash reraise pre. :-)
    Posted by beaneh
    Nope not raising with 8,9suited any more even if on the button with 2 limpers on a passive table ;-)
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: What would you do next? : Nope not raising with 8,9suited any more even if on the button with 2 limpers on a passive table ;-)
    Posted by FlashFlush

im not joking, rr pre is the best play. try and work out why....