You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

50nl we put ourselves in a yuck spot with an OP very deep

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
UTG open we all know.  Basically if I 3bet him his 4bet frequency is about 170%.

Villain is a total fish.  Makes bluffs in virtually every hands, seems to play ATC.  However when he does bluff he seems to be using the pot size bet options that sky give you.

Help plz hands like this just reinforce to me how clueless I am at his game :(

Hand History #291626380 (04:20 21/09/2010)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
What_if Big blind   £0.50 £0.50 £72.60
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

beaneh Raise   £2.00 £2.50 £183.54
scotty77 Call   £2.00 £4.50 £121.47
villain Call   £2.00 £6.50 £112.62
ChirpyChip Fold        
What_if Fold        
Flop

• J

beaneh Bet   £4.00 £10.50 £179.54
scotty77 Call   £4.00 £14.50 £117.47
villain Raise   £12.50 £27.00 £100.12
beaneh Call   £8.50 £35.50 £171.04
scotty77 Call   £8.50 £44.00 £108.97
Turn

beaneh Check        
scotty77 Check        
villain All-in   £100.12 £144.12 £0.00
beaneh Fold        

Comments

• edited September 2010

Surely you would 3 bet pre and let him 4 bet away till his hearts content?

(is that what you regret not doing right? hence the "put myself in a yuck spot"?) ......

• edited September 2010
    wow tis a bit deep and scary.
    I have to 3 bet pre, if you think beaneh 4 bet range is so wide then why dont we want to get it in pre?
  • edited September 2010
    I think he means his UTG opening range is so narrow that his open/4 betting frequency is obv high. Although I don't think beaneh has such a narrow UTG range fwiw lol. I havn't played with bean in a while but I doubt he's turned into an uber nit lol. Given your reads shouldn't this be a snap call?

"makes bluffs in virtually every hand"

EDIT: 400th post woohooooooooo
  • edited September 2010
    definitely 3bet pre for me, sure- he might have AA or KK, but those are the only two hands you're scared of, I've never played beaneh so I don't know what his betting range is- but with only AA and KK dominating you, and AK flipping with you as a marginal favourite, I'd say you have to 3bet there. JJ I wouldn't, but definitely with queens.

What would your move be with AKs pre, out of interest?

Villain's turn bet is confusing. It could be a bluff on the flush draw, picking up on weakness, or he could have a strong hand at this point trying to price out draws. It's quite a strange one though, I have to say... I'd fold that turn. But I'd want the money in much earlier I think, queens don't play brilliantly post flop when there's not much in the pot IMO, any K or A scares you and as in this spot, you're still not sure you're good when you have the overpair.
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    If the fish likes to call pf rather than raise I'd deffo be 3betting. Have you seen him raise/double barrel draws a lot? And have you seen him overbet the pot like this before?

Normally though fish like to slowplay sets more and unless he really is playing with ATC the only 2 pair he can have is JT so I'm probably calling.
  • edited September 2010
    wont villan 3 bet aj, kj or kq pre? just trying to put villan on a hand other than 10,j
  • edited September 2010
    call then lose and hope he stacks beaneh's 350bb stack next hand by rivering him
  • edited September 2010
    fwiw I nearly stacked off here with Jx and it was only cos I was unsure of scottys' flat call behind me other wise I was gonna be fist pumping my cash in the middle. 

Top pair?!! dont happens oftens gogogogogogoogo

the problem is he really can have JT/22/AJ and scotty may have me crushed. in scottys shoes i'ma find it hard not to stack off, doubt i'd be fistpumping really hard tbf but I might let my eye glint with excitement for just a moment :p

also pre/flop is good.

and shaddap browndog I open a 2% utg range fwiw (JJ+ ftw!)
  • edited September 2010
    also fwiw I played this hand vs the same villain. and nearly called turn even with stacks/board etc lol

wish I hadn't bet turn now obv. sigh

Sky Poker Hand History #291361565: Hold'em No Limit (£0.25/£0.50 GBP) - 2010/09/20 02:22:00 GMT
    Table 'Mossley' 6-max: beaneh is the button
    rats107 (£163.33 in chips)
    vill (£118.29 in chips)
    sam1986 (-)
    gerrard9 (-)
    stack_u (-)
    beaneh (£114.64 in chips)
    rats107: posts small blind £0.25
    vill: posts big blind £0.50
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to beaneh [5h 5d]
    sam1986: folds
    gerrard9: folds
    stack_u: folds
    beaneh: raises £1.00 to £1.50
    rats107: folds
    vill: calls £1.00
    *** FLOP *** [5s 3h 2h]
    vill: checks
    beaneh: bets £3.00
    vill: calls £3.00
    *** TURN *** [5s 3h 2h] [6s]
    vill: checks
    beaneh: bets £6.00
    vill: raises £107.79 to £113.79 and is all-in

• edited September 2010
    are there any hhs of you flopping a set and winning?
  • edited September 2010
    Can I have that hand please :) .. Vs a serial bluffer on that board I call every day and twice on a Tuesday for extra value
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: 50nl we put ourselves in a yuck spot with an OP very deep:
    are there any hhs of you flopping a set and winning?
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

how does one do a win?!