You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Topping up in cash games

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
Just a quick question but at what point do people generally top up to the max amount in cash games.

Up until only a few months ago this is something I'd never even done much before but thanks to the poker clinic I've learned just how valuable it is to do so.

I've been playing NL20 a lot more recently & find myself topping up whenever I get down to around the £17.50 - £18 mark. Do I need to be topping up after losing 10% of my stack or do people generally leave it a bit longer?

Apologies if this is a bit of a vague question.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    If I have time, its at every single opportunity.

If playing 4 tables which is the most I can do on sky, its normally the same as you, when I notice Im below 28/27 (nl30)

I once logged off a table, after being completely card dead, and having had the most frustrating session ever (every pfr 3-bet, every c bet raised, etc etc), and I checked the "my account" thing, and I was -£28 on one table, having never had my balance drop below £27.

Did a buy in, in top ups! lol
  • edited September 2010
      It is an area that will give differing opinions but for me topping up early is better than later. My thinking behind this is that the amount you can win is dependant upon the amount in front of you. The only exception i would consider is if the table was full of stacks shorter than yours in which case i would just wait for a bit longer.
  • edited September 2010
    If ya get below 75% of ure max buy-in then top up,i mean ya dont want AA and then see how short ya got eh?
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Topping up in cash games:
    If ya get below 75% of ure max buy-in then top up,i mean ya dont want AA and then see how short ya got eh?
    Posted by debdobs_67
    perfect.