You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ive just been destroyed by a German at $10nl!!!!!

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

See amongst a good sense of humour, irony, sarcasm, being normal, and having an incredible talent to read players.......

.......Im also honest.

This guy has just smashed me, played over 3 tables at $10nl. 

Most fun Ive had in a long time.......anyway, my question is about reading and interpreting these stats Ive got on hold em manager. 

What sort of player would have......

VPIP/PFR....(6 max)

20/20
22-11
14-14
50-10 (I know this one)

My first time using it for cash.....I was.....

VPIP 19.7 .....PFR 12.5 Over 1k hands.......

What sort of stats shud I be aiming for? what's loose/tight/fishy etc?

Don't laugh/slur at my post, If you don't wanna help me understand, plz dont bother.

New to all this!

Im getting the German after I win the bounty hunter btw!

Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Comments

• edited September 2010
    if you want to play a solid tight (slightly nitty) game at 6max your stats would be 19/16 or there abouts. i imagine the large difference between your vpip and pfr is because you flat call in the blinds too much

20/20 would be a solid TAG most likely a regular
    22/11  weaktight player
    14/14 uber set mining nit

you should aim to play the most profitable style on each individual table that you are playing.

i imagine overall 'good' stats will range from  19/16 to 28/24
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    I don't know much about these stats either but it looks as if you're being quite nitty/passive pf.

I'm after your bounty btw.
  • edited September 2010

Lol thanx guys, theres so much more I want to ask about these numbers Im getting.....

I do flat the button alot facing a raise in e.p, and rarely fold the sb unraised......I feared that might mess my stats up abit.....

I have a really good feeling that playing this other site for a while will help me so much back on sky at nl30-80.........happy days.

Appreciate the replies, will post more when YB busts me.

• edited September 2010
    yes it will if you can beat nl50 at main sites then you will wafflecrush on sky. you will have to put in a reasonable amount of effort and pretty much change your entire way of thinking about a hand. gl
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Ive just been destroyed by a German at $10nl!!!!!:
    yes it will if you can beat nl50 at main sites then you will wafflecrush on sky. you will have to put in a reasonable amount of effort and pretty much change your entire way of thinking about a hand. gl
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

loooool

I really hope 20/12 wasn't hu, hope it was a weak 6 max game loool

• edited September 2010

Blehhhhh I got it in first with AK, flopped an ace, guy turned his set, nite nite DOHH!

Okay, what were u guys thinking when u first started a hud?

What stats did you want to display when you set it up? - On top of the obvious, I have cbet%, fold to cbet%, cbet - fold% ? ........anything else u wud suggest I  add?

How many hands did you want to see before trusting them to make a read/play on an opponent?

What does "$$ USD EV" mean in terns of +/-

And this is one for opinions..........How would you equate the standerd of 10NL on PS, to sky? what sort of level do you think it is? I have my own thoughts here......and wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww its mad!!!!!!!! lol

Thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 

EDIT **** 23/16 on the latest 1k hands btw............

• edited September 2010
    Blehhhhh I got it in first with AK, flopped an ace, guy turned his set, nite nite DOHH! Okay, what were u guys thinking when u first started a hud? What stats did you want to display when you set it up? - On top of the obvious, I have cbet%, fold to cbet%, cbet - fold% ? ........anything else u wud suggest I  add? How many hands did you want to see before trusting them to make a read/play on an opponent? What does "$$ USD EV" mean in terns of +/- And this is one for opinions..........How would you equate the standerd of 10NL on PS, to sky? what sort of level do you think it is? I have my own thoughts here......and wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww its mad!!!!!!!! lol Thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  EDIT **** 23/16 on the latest 1k hands btw............
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

whats ur screename i may rail u in a bit
  • edited September 2010
  • edited September 2010
    Your language is way beyond my poor old brain, could you make it simple so I can learn from you all,
  • edited September 2010
    Your language is way beyond my poor old brain, could you make it simple so I can learn from you all,
    Posted by wynne1938
    +1 these new age cyber kids speak funny dont they!
  • edited September 2010
    cant find u dude
  • edited September 2010
    all these numbers are what you don't believe in. so it's gonna be hard to make you understand it/make good use of it.

just set all the numbers to different nice colours and make your screen look pretty like that I guess.
  • edited September 2010
    10nl on stars = 50nl on sky

there's a reason certain people call sky  "playing in a bubble"

and why are you playing where you can get no rake back and a reward system that rewards players from Jan'10
  • edited September 2010
    10nl on stars = 50nl on sky there's a reason certain people call sky  "playing in a bubble" and why are you playing where you can get no rake back and a reward system that rewards players from Jan'10
    Posted by zing
    Agreed, I'd go 1 further................100nl on sky is easier than what I just been playing......

As for the 2nd bit of ur post, Ive no idea about RB n stuff on PS, I made the account years ago, didnt get owt then, guess Im not gonna get owt now........

Just summat different, n no doubt i'll learn alot.

How can they have a set every time????
  • edited September 2010
    Blehhhhh I got it in first with AK, flopped an ace, guy turned his set, nite nite DOHH! Okay, what were u guys thinking when u first started a hud? What stats did you want to display when you set it up? - On top of the obvious, I have cbet%, fold to cbet%, cbet - fold% ? ........anything else u wud suggest I  add? How many hands did you want to see before trusting them to make a read/play on an opponent? What does "$$ USD EV" mean in terns of +/- And this is one for opinions..........How would you equate the standerd of 10NL on PS, to sky? what sort of level do you think it is? I have my own thoughts here......and wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww its mad!!!!!!!! lol Thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  EDIT **** 23/16 on the latest 1k hands btw............
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

i dont worry 'too' much about fold to FvCB% and FCB% i think its much more to important to analyse flop textures n decide wether to Cbet or to call one light by polarizing peoples ranges by their VPIP, position, agg factor and bet sizing, of course u can analyse stats all day u cant rely on them cos how much is 100 hands worth of stats 'really' gonna tell u about the 'villain', apparently c-betting 80% of flops vs 1 opponent is close to optimal

as for the standard, id say people on the whole are pretty solid at 10nl on stars, people dont get too out of line, people may call the odd cbet light or do the odd double barrel with AIR, but id say every1's pretty much ABC poker, yeha theres the occasional LAG-gy spewtard but u dont ever get a table full of them like on sky where no1 respects raises and every1 floats flop bets, and pre flop raises Cbet with air into 4-5 opponents LOL

my last 16000 hands on f.tilt ive been 14.9/9.2 with a win rate of 9bb/100

as for $$ EV...it goes like this....

say u have AA and villain has KQ and the flop i 2-K-3 no flush or str8 draws, $10 in pot and $10 each behind and all the money goes ($30 pot) , u being an approx 80% favourite to win, u have $24 equity in the pot (80% of 30 = 24), so if Villain spikes a Q on the turn and u lose, u'll be -$24 under EV (Expected Value)....well i think this is how it works

ur EV line can be can indication as to wether ur running bad or good, but obv theres lots of other factors to consider, such as if u have AA vs KK twice in 10 hands and u win both, ur not really running above EV but ur defo running decent hehe
  • edited September 2010

You took a peek in the real world and didnt like what you saw
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Ive just been destroyed by a German at $10nl!!!!! : Agreed, I'd go 1 further................100nl on sky is easier than what I just been playing...... As for the 2nd bit of ur post, Ive no idea about RB n stuff on PS, I made the account years ago, didnt get owt then, guess Im not gonna get owt now........ Just summat different, n no doubt i'll learn alot. How can they have a set every time????
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Maybe you just had a bad session? I would say it's tougher but not that much! It's just totally different and once you've adapted your game to it you'll be fine.
  • edited September 2010
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

i have   vpip / pfr / ATS* / 3bet / flop ck/r
             cbet/turn cbet/donkbet/wwsf/ #hands

if im looking for a prticular thing that i dont have on hud just hover cursor over it and look in popups.

id rather make plays/reads depending on past hands that have been to showdown that i have noted, game flow & board texture rather than just a particular stat

ATS = attempt to steal