You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

25th/26th Weekend

edited September 2010 in The Football Corner
As it is my birthday this Friday, I will have a little more money than usual to gamble with ;) Just wondering if anyone has got any tips that could be useful? My main acc is going to be something along the lines of this:

ARSENAL -1 vs West Brom .. Both try and play the passing game, but Arsenal are just 10x better at it!

BURNLEY vs Bristol City

PETERBOROUGH vs Mk Dons .. Peterborough unbeaten at home, i think they've won each one, whilst MK are poor away!

MORECAMBE vs Barnet .. Morecambe won there last league fixture, Barnet haven't got a win away from home, bottom of the league, + I'm from Morecambe and WE WILL WIN!

It gives 7/1 !!

Comments

• edited September 2010
    this was by me .. for some reason it sort of logged me out just before i posted it and i never realised!
  • edited September 2010
    Looks promising percival. Arsenal should score 3+, Burnley & Peterborough are class at home & Barnet are very poor.

Good luck with it & happy birthday, have a good one.
  • edited September 2010
    I don't usually make my bets until Friday afternoon/evening as at least you've got some idea of team news.

I'll have mine up here tomorrow evening 
  • edited September 2010
    Appreciated QDM ... ok silentbob, I will wait until I have your tips!!!
  • edited September 2010
    Hi guys

Here are my selections.

6 x 5fold
    1. Arsenal v West Brom Arsenal -1 @ 8/15
    2. Norwich v Hull Norwich @ evens
    3. Burnley v Bristol City Burnley @ 4/6
    4. Q.P.R. v Doncaster Q.P.R. @ 4/6
    5. Charlton v Dagenham Charlton @ 8/13
    6. Cheltenham v Bury Cheltenham @ 6/4
     6 x 5fold

Hereford v Southend Under 2.5 Goals @ 4/5 Sheff. Wed v Southampton Under 2.5 Goals @ 4/5 Peterborough v MK Dons Over 2.5 Goals @ 4/5 Hartlepool v Walsall Over 2.5 Goals @ 5/6 Nottm. Forest v Swansea Under 2.5 Goals @ 4/6 Bolton v Man. Utd Over 2.5 Goals @ 8/11  10 trebles 5 x 4fold £1 acca

Rotherham v Chesterfield Draw @ 12/5 Stockport v Aldershot Town Draw @ 12/5 Port Vale v Acc. Stanley Draw @ 5/2 Nottm. Forest v Swansea Draw @ 12/5 Colchester v Tranmere Draw @ 5/2  Be lucky

achill
  • edited September 2010
    First bet - looks good, I like the Cheltenham bet, very good at home, I don't like betting against Bury though, they're one of those teams where I never know how they're going to play! Norwich vs Hull is a good bet, Hull terrible away from home, but Norwich aren't the best!
    Your second bet could obv come down to alot of luck, Peterborough always seem to score and concede so that looks almost nailed on lol!
    If your third one comes in, I will hail you the king of sportsbetting!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: 25th/26th Weekend:
    First bet - looks good, I like the Cheltenham bet, very good at home, I don't like betting against Bury though, they're one of those teams where I never know how they're going to play! Norwich vs Hull is a good bet, Hull terrible away from home, but Norwich aren't the best! Your second bet could obv come down to alot of luck, Peterborough always seem to score and concede so that looks almost nailed on lol! If your third one comes in, I will hail you the king of sportsbetting!
    Posted by percival09
    Not a bad tipster to follow. Always there or thereabouts.
  • edited September 2010
    First bet - looks good, I like the Cheltenham bet, very good at home, I don't like betting against Bury though, they're one of those teams where I never know how they're going to play! Norwich vs Hull is a good bet, Hull terrible away from home, but Norwich aren't the best! Your second bet could obv come down to alot of luck, Peterborough always seem to score and concede so that looks almost nailed on lol! If your third one comes in, I will hail you the king of sportsbetting!
    Posted by percival09
     As a Bury fan I know were you are coming from with Bury they must be the most unpridictable team in the football league.
  • edited September 2010
    Right then, a bit of a disaster in midweek but then betting on League cup games is always a minefield as you never know what sort of teams will be put out.

However, last weekend finally came good for me so I've gone for 3 bets again this weekend.

Main Acca:

Burnley to beat Bristol City (H) @ 4/6
    QPR to beat Doncaster (H) @ 4/6
    Charlton to beat Dagenham (H) @ 8/13
    Peterborough to beat MK Dons (H) @ 4/5

These 4 are paying a very reasonable 7/1.

Burnley have been really strong at home this season having won all 3 league games at Turf Moor so far as well as beating near neighbours Bolton in the League cup there in midweek as well. Bristol City have really disappointed me so far this season. I expected better from them in the summer but they just can't seem to get their act together. So far City only have 1 win from 7 games this season (2-0 away to Scunthorpe) & come into this game on the back of two homes defeats.
    Rangers have come storming out the blocks this season with 6 wins & 1 draw from their opening 7 games & are particularly strong at Loftus Road where they've won all 3 so far scoring 9 goals in the process without reply. Doncaster have shown themselves to be a decent team but are vulnerable on the road. Rangers have won this fixture in each of the last 2 seasons & I can't see anything beyond them making it 3 in a row.
    The only reason I'm backing Charlton here is because they're at home. They're unbeaten at the Valley so far this term & Dagenham are still adjusting to life in League 1 after their promotion last season. Charlton have already beaten Dagenham at the Valley in the JPT this season & so far the Daggers are yet to even score away from home yet alone win.
    Peterborough are very strong at London Road having won all 3 games there so far scoring 12 goals in the process. MK Dons have made a decent start to the season themselves but are not particularly strong on the road & this is about as tricky as they get in this division.

Long Shot Acca:

Huddersfield to beat Swindon (A) @ 6/4
    Cheltenham to beat Bury (H) @ 7/4
    Shrewsbury to beat Wycombe (A) @ 7/4
    Grimsby to beat Altrincham (A) @ 11/10
    Raith to beat Falkirk (H) @ 11/8

These 5 are paying a big 85/1 so it does exactly what it says on the tin. I've had 10 x trebles at 50p per line & £1 on all 5. If just 3 come in then I'll get my stake back so nothing lost but should all 5 come in I'll be picking up just under £160!

Huddersfield have a tendency to do strange things away from the Galpharm but they travel to a Swindon side who have started slowly. The Terriers have started well & they'll fancy their chances here although I expect it to be close.
    Cheltenham are decent at Whaddon Road where they've won 3 out of 3 so far & although this won't be an easy game for them I fancy they'll nick it here. Both teams have got goals in them but with their home form & this price they're well worth backing.
    Shrewsbury are another side who have started well with only 1 defeat from their opening 7 games although that did come on the road at Gillingham. They travel to an inconsistent Wycombe side who currently sit in mid table & lost their last home game against Macclesfield.
    Grimsby have made a fairly inconsistent start to the season themselves & currently sit in mid table with 4 wins, 4 defeats & 2 draws from their opening 10 games. Despite this they've had a couple of good victories on the road against both Darlington & strong favourites Crawley & they travel to an Altrincham side who are rock bottom of the league with only 1 win from their opening 10 games. They've also conceded a massive 22 goals in those games so far so this price certainly appeals.
    Raith currently sit in 2nd spot in division 1 & they welcome 3rd place Falkirk this weekend. To be honest, this game could go either way but I'm backing them here because the price is well worth a look & they've won their 3 games at home scoring 7 goals without reply in the process. One of those home victories includes a 2-0 win against league leaders Dunfermline so they're well capable of seeing off Falkirk.

Over/Under Acca:

Man City/Chelsea - Over 2.5 goals @ 10/11
    West Ham/Spurs - Over 2.5 goals @ 4/5
    Forest/Swansea - Under 2.5 goals @ 4/6
    Peterborough/MK Dons - Over 2.5 goals @ 4/5
    Swindon/Huddersfield - Over 2.5 goals @ 5/6
    Cheltenham/Bury - Over 2.5 goals @ 10/11

These 6 are paying a very healthy 35/1 so well worth a small dabble.

Last season City & Chelsea shared 9 goals in the games between them & both have firepower in abundance.
    West Ham have been conceding goals like there's no tomorrow so far this season but are also capable of getting 1 or 2 themselves. Spurs are also strong up front so I can see a few goals here.
    Forest have struggled for goals home & away this season whilst Swansea struggle to score on the road. 
    As stated earlier, Peterborough certainly have goals in them at London Road averaging 4 goals a game there in the league this season. MK Dons are capable of grabbing a goal themselves too so I think they'll be a few here.
    In the last 5 games between Swindon & Huddersfield there's been at least 3 goals in the game & they shared 7 goals between them in the 2 meetings last season.
    Cheltenham & Bury are both just as likely to concede as they are to score & last season this fixture saw 7 goals in a 5-2 home win.

Happy betting peeps

Jay
  • edited September 2010

I think the Donny boys will upset you and a few others today Jay....

Last time I predicted this we got spanked at Cardiff, but with all the hype about Bellamy's first game, and an intimidating atmosphere, it was totally different. 

I think Rovers will have alot of the ball against QPR (as always), it's a smaller stadium, and the fans will go flat and subdued quite early, and we'll get a result!!

Coupon Buster !!!!!!

Post my bets soon....

"Big odds" bet.......

Donny to win away at QPR - 9/2 (as above)
    Manchester City to beat Chelsea - 5/2 - the price is wayyyy too big, with City at home, Chelsea haven't been tested yet, and this may be a shock to the system.
    Blackpool to beat Blackburn - 21/10 - Very impressed with B'pool last week in the second half against Chelsea, got alot to offer going forward + home advantage.
    Sunderland to win away at Liverpool - 15/2 - Liverpool are absolutely auwful, and Sunderland I feel are quite soft on the road against the "big 4" - but 15/2 is just too big to ignore, and although it would be typical of Liverpool to kick-start their season today, there's little evidence to suggest they will.
    West Ham to beat Spurs -12/5 - Again, gone for the value here. West Ham have a strong team on paper with loads of attacking options, and showed signs of improvement last week away at Stoke. I just feel they are due a win, and although I love watching spurs, they're unpredictable, and I fancy the Hammers to run over them this afternoon and win quite well....3-1 ;)

These pay 1724/1

Im not quite sure how the doubles trebles work with pay outs and stuff, but Ive had 10x50p trebbles, along with a proper acca.

Steady away, 88/1.......

Ipswich
    Boro'
    Forest
    Norwich
    Birmingham
    Cardiff

98/1 - Teams to score!!!

City/Chelsea - both
    Arsenal/West Brom - One
    Brmingham/Wigan - One
    Blackpool/Bburn - Both
    Fulham/Everon - Both
    Cardiff/Millwall - One
    Watford/Boro' - One

Good luck all - no doubt I'll be sticking bets on all over the place today with a big line up of sport, keep trying to hit that big win !!!! HAS TO COME SOON !!

Just a note, if anyone is in touch still with 35 suited, no doubt he'll be having a bet on the horses today, any chance someone can post his bets up in the shed? Always liked following his bets thru the afternoon, and 13 live races on today I need some help!!!!

Fingers crossed chaps ! gl.

• edited September 2010
    Here is my effort. 36 X 7 Folds, 9 X 8 Folds and an Acca.
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueWest Ham v TottenhamTo Score 2+ Goals 25/09/2010 15:00Tottenham @ 10/11
    FootballNpower ChampionshipQ.P.R. v DoncasterMatch Result 25/09/2010 15:00Q.P.R. @ 4/6
    FootballNpower League 1Colchester v TranmereTeams to Score 25/09/2010 15:00Both teams to score @ 10/11
    FootballNpower League 1Yeovil v ExeterTeams to Score 25/09/2010 15:00Both teams to score @ 8/11
    FootballNpower League 1Rochdale v PlymouthTeams to Score 25/09/2010 15:00Both teams to score @ 8/11
    FootballNpower League 2Morecambe v BarnetTo Score 2+ Goals 25/09/2010 15:00Morecambe @ 10/11
    FootballScottish Premier LeagueDundee Utd v St. JohnstoneTeams to Score 25/09/2010 15:00Both teams to score @ 5/6
    FootballScottish Division 1Raith Rov. v FalkirkTeams to Score 25/09/2010 15:00Both teams to score @ 10/11
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueBlackpool v BlackburnTo Score 2+ Goals 25/09/2010 15:00Blackburn @ evens
    Think the bet of the day could be Sun***land to score 2 or more at Anfield.

Pays a whopping 11/2 and well worth a big blind.

(cue a 7-0 Liverpool win)

Good Luck to everyone having a bet today.
  • edited September 2010
    here`s my contribution to the bookmakers christmas party fund.
    CARDIFF
    READING
    WATFORD
    DERBY
    PETERBOROUGH
    YEOVILLE
    BOURNEMOUTH
    BRIGHTON
    HARTLEPOOL

Both teams to score 200/1

WEST HAM v SPURS
    CARDIFF v MILLWALL

Both team to score 2/1

Good luck all.
  • edited September 2010
    Not having a football bet today.

Spent on a horse instead after someone sent  me tip   -- Kakatosi   £5 Ew at 11/1 the other day and £3 ew today at 22/1

3.40 Ascot
  • edited September 2010
    Not having a football bet today. Spent on a horse instead after someone sent  me tip   -- Kakatosi   £5 Ew at 11/1 the other day and £3 ew today at 22/1 3.40 Ascot
    Posted by MP33
    couldn,t resist

Zigiz (Birmingham) 1st scorer at 11/2   £3

Birmingham to win both halves - 5/1    £4
  • edited September 2010
    Well that sucks.

Still, on the plus side we've beaten Spurs & are off the bottom so a very happy night regardless.
  • edited September 2010
    Well that sucks. Still, on the plus side we've beaten Spurs & are off the bottom so a very happy night regardless.
    Posted by silentbob
    Yes, big time.
  • edited September 2010
    3 home wins today.

Bolton, N'castle, Wolves, 40/1 - couple of quids. 
  • edited September 2010
    this weekend was possibly the worst weekend for betters/best weekend for bookies with arsenal losing that was probably more or less every persons banker as well as the west ham tottenham game although unpredictable due to being a derby that tottenham having the better form of the 2 would at least get a goal but as usual west ham come out on top when everything is looking doom and gloom all i can hope is that things change next weekend and it becomes a lot easier to bet on..... think we all know thats not likely to happen.... as you can probably guess my bets went out the window by 4:30pm when arsenal were 2 down and west ham were WINNING 1-0