You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Pro Evo v Fifa.. you decide??

edited September 2009 in The Shed
hey guys,

time for yet another one of my random shed contributions (but hopefully i can help you waste a few minutes of your time here! ;)

As we approach September / October  my annual excitement builds over the upcoming release of what has to be my favourite type of console game

with this year's copy now obsolete (due to the summer transfers, kit and team changes) my fingers yearn for an intense button bashing frenzy that comes with the new releases of the pro evo and fifa games.

a total pro Geek myself and being completely biased as to which is better, i'd thought i'd put it to you... the lovely people of the Sky Poker Community.

which is better Pro Evo or Fifa... have your vote now!

Comments

• edited August 2009
    Although i am mainly a shootem up and swords and sorcery man ( C.O.D and Oblivion mainly) i have played both
    Pro Evo is definately superior to Fifa.
    Gary
  • edited August 2009
    there isnt even any shadow of a doubt!

pro ev kicks fifas butttttt!

fifa may look better but gameplay is absolutely dreadful!  its about as realistic as a liverpool fan not saying "this year is our year"  everytime august comes around

only problem with pro ev is the bugs that creep in every single year,  if they could get that sorted it would be superb!
  • edited August 2009
    I used to be a pro evo man until fifa 09 hit the shelfs!

Fifa 09 is the nuts, they got great graphics nd great gameplay now it just destroys pro evo in every way possible!
  • edited August 2009
    Pro evo all day long not even close game play far superior.
  • edited August 2009

WOT NO FIGHT NIGHT 4 RICH??

BTW I AM NOW WORLD CHAMP 3 BELTS IN EACH (SUPERSTAR RATING) IN BOTH LIGHT HEAVY WEIGHT AND HEAVY WEIGHT DIVISIONS!!

AND I JUST KNOCKED OUT TYSON IN THE 4TH!! GET IN!!

• edited August 2009
    PRO EVO ALTHOUGH THE ABILITY OF 5FT NOTHING MESSI TO OUTRUN ANY PLAYER IN THE WORLD ANYTIME I PLAY AGAINST A BARCELONA ON LINE AND ANY BARCELONA DEFENDER TO GIVE ANY PLAYER A 10 YARD START. OH YEAH AND SAMUEL ETOS ABILITY TO RUN INTO MY PLAYERS AND COME OUT OF THE OTHERSIDE WITH THE BALL IS SLIGHTLY ANNOYING. AND EVERYTIME I GET TO 600 RATING I LOOSE TO SOMEONE RATED 480 WITH A DODGY CONECTION (USUALY AS CHUFFIN BARCELONA) THUS LOSING ME 15/20 POINTS. I ALSO CANT PLAY AS MY BELOVED POMPEY AS ALL THE PLAYERS NOW PLAY FOR CHUFFIN SPURS!!!!!
    SORRY CANT REMEMBER IF I MENTION I HATE PLAYING BARCELONA
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Pro Evo v Fifa.. you decide??:
    Pro evo all day long not even close game play far superior.
    Posted by JAMIEP
    WELL SAID JAMIEP ITS PRO EVO ALL DAY LONG.
  • edited September 2009
    I had to bring this thread back to life!

Last nite i went on my xbox just to see if any new demos were out and i saw fifa 10 demo and pro evo 10 demo and downloaded them both.

Now if you can, download them both and give your oppinion.

I played both and wow fifa destroys pro evo even more than it did last year, Pro has gone so downhill its unreal and Fifa has become the muts nuts!
  • edited September 2009
    really??? where you a fifa fan before?

i have the new pro demo but haven't looked at fifa yet. maybe i'll download it and try it out.

fifa is always such a let down though, the graphics and commentary are nice and shiny but the game play just lets it down.
  • edited September 2009
    Always been Fifa for me, but played demo and doesn't look a whole lot better.
  • edited September 2009
  • edited September 2009
    gaming geek here 2 :D over the years without a doubt pro evo, but these last few years fifa has taken over, having played both demos and judging this year on those looks like fifas year again sadly. rich you play on ps3 or xbox? and have you got online play? would be good playing a few games against you and anyone else from sky poker
  • edited September 2009
    yeah i've got an xbox and my house mate has a ps3. too much trouble getting my xbox online but might very well appear on the ps 3 online equivalent. i'd definitely be up for playing pro online against some of you.

but fifa.... alas no. i couldn't even bring myself to hold the disc, let alone play it.
  • edited September 2009
    pro all day long
  • edited September 2009
    Pro Evo everytime...FIFA (for simple people)
  • edited September 2009
    PES everytime

EA have tried to make FIFA too good and its lost its edge imo
  • edited September 2009
    I don't even have a new console... lol... my Xbox(oldone) is under an inch of dust... BUT I loved pro evo and had all the original versions, including the Konami Supernintendo original International Superstar Soccer. Love it!

To me it is like loving a classic car (PES) rather than a new supercar (Fifa).. PES has soul, FIFA is just an empty shell.
  • edited September 2009
    nice evaluation Dave.

had a real crack at the new demo last night (geek! i know...) well anyway here is my evaluation.

IT'S RUDDY FANTASTIC!

initially after being slightly disappointed i am in love all over again. a number of minor subtle improvements that go unnoticed until you have played a few games now make this my favourite ever pro!

balls are more difficult to control with players no longer having 'sticky' feet. passing feels better and sharper and some of the player collusions are very realistic.
    bring a nippy player on at 70 minutes and you will really notice that extra yard of pace.

i absolutely can't wait for the final version to come out and have the mother of all pro sessions!
  • edited September 2009
    It was definitely Pro Evo in the early days but Fifa has taken the gauntlet in the last few versions, in my opinion. That after touch is vicious, I tell you! ;)
  • edited September 2009
    Dave - you haven't just admitted to playing fifa have you! tut tut tut [shakes head]
  • edited September 2009
    Yes, yes I have. I'll fetch the wood and stake, you get the matches ;)
  • edited September 2009
    Sensible World of Soccer for me. End of.
  • edited September 2009
    Imagine if you will.

Pro Evo, bolted on to the licensing of Fifa...

DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
  • edited September 2009
    Pro Always Fifa is Pants
  • edited September 2009

Best footie game ever is Super Soccer on the SNES - FACT! 8- />

(But Fifa is better than Pro).
  • edited September 2009
    this used to be so one sided we wouldnt have even put the post up here.. pro evo 6 was class in every way, it was miles ahead of fifa.

i do not think pro evo has got to grips with xbox live as it has gone down sincepro evo 6...even tho i love the game i couldnt play it online as the lag would be awfull.. iv played both the demos and like them both although i still love pro evo it all depends on the online game for me. whats sick tho, "gamestation" will only give me £5 part ex for pro evo 9... i know its worth nout now but i paid £40 for it.. i refuse to lose so much thats why my collection of 20 games is built up of nearly every pro evo and fifa game since 2000 lol