You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

IS LIVE POKER RIGGED THE WSOP E IS!!!!!!!!

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
In Response to IS LIVE POKER RIGGED THE WSOP E IS!!!!!!!!:
I have posted below a fellow Welsh mans exit hand from the WSOP E yesterday. i have copied this from the WSOP web site just to show that Evan with a buy in of £10350 things go wrong and people get lucky. If this happened on sky then someone would be leaving and they would say the site is rigged. Poker is a hard game with the cards against you! Roberto Romanello is about as happy as a penguin in a microwave at the moment after becoming an early casualty in this year's World Series of Poker Europe Main Event. But when he looks back at the hand histories, he will feel he did little wrong. Still reeling from his earlier set-over-set encounter that ate up over half his stack, Romanello opened up to 550 from the button only to be three-bet by Faraz Jaka to 1,500 in the small blind. Romanello spent little time in making a raise and increasing the price of poker to 4,525. Jaka asked for a count (Romanello had around 15,000 back), mulled over his options for a minute, before dipping into his 23,000 stack and putting his opponent all in. Romanello took one last peak at his cards, nodded his head and announced, "I call." Cards on their backs and Romanello was in commanding shape with  versus the  of Jaka, the latter either believing Romanello's four-bet range in this situation to be light or having picked up some sort of incorrect read as Romanello was awaiting a decision. Either way, Jaka's misstep went unpunished, the flop coming  to place him into the lead. As the ace hit the felt, a gutted Romanello yelped as if receiving a punch to the stomach and quickly rose from his chair with a "I run so bad" look of disgust plastered across his face. The  turn and  river sealed the deal, and Romanello was gone. "Good luck," he politely offered through gritted teeth, but it was obvious that he'll feel the pain of this wound for a few days yet. Jaka, meanwhile, jumped right up to 45,000, and with his talent and results, could be a genuine threat as he we head towards the close of this second level £10350 for less than 3 hours poker  wow £115 per min WOW WOW DAI
Posted by DAIBOOT
dont understand what cards they had from this post ?

Comments

• edited September 2010

I have posted below a fellow Welsh mans exit hand from the WSOP E yesterday. i have copied this from the WSOP web site just to show that Evan with a buy in of £10350 things go wrong and people get lucky. If this happened on sky then someone would be leaving and they would say the site is rigged. Poker is a hard game with the cards against you!

Roberto Romanello is about as happy as a penguin in a microwave at the moment after becoming an early casualty in this year's World Series of Poker Europe Main Event. But when he looks back at the hand histories, he will feel he did little wrong.
    Still reeling from his earlier set-over-set encounter that ate up over half his stack, Romanello opened up to 550 from the button only to be three-bet by Faraz Jaka to 1,500 in the small blind.
    Romanello spent little time in making a raise and increasing the price of poker to 4,525. Jaka asked for a count (Romanello had around 15,000 back), mulled over his options for a minute, before dipping into his 23,000 stack and putting his opponent all in. Romanello took one last peak at his cards, nodded his head and announced, "I call."
    Cards on their backs and Romanello was in commanding shape with Qh Qs  versus the Ah 4s  of Jaka, the latter either believing Romanello's four-bet range in this situation to be light or having picked up some sort of incorrect read as Romanello was awaiting a decision.
    Either way, Jaka's misstep went unpunished, the flop coming 10h Ac 10d  to place him into the lead. As the ace hit the felt, a gutted Romanello yelped as if receiving a punch to the stomach and quickly rose from his chair with a "I run so bad" look of disgust plastered across his face.
    The  turn 10s and 3c river sealed the deal, and Romanello was gone. "Good luck," he politely offered through gritted teeth, but it was obvious that he'll feel the pain of this wound for a few days yet.
    Jaka, meanwhile, jumped right up to 45,000, and with his talent and results, could be a genuine threat as he we head towards the close of this second level

£10350 for less than 3 hours poker  wow £115 per min WOW WOW

DAI
  • edited September 2010
    QQ for Romanello and A4 off for villain TAT flop
  • edited September 2010

sorry lads lost the cards when i copied the post

DAI
  • edited September 2010
    Dia I am presuming the thread is pointing out that bad beats happen in live games too, we read on here so often how  the site is rigged from I suspect are players whom have never played live. If they did they would soon come to learn that sick outdraws happen just as much in the live game, the cards are just as random and even 72 off has a round about a 13% chance of cracking aces. This means that 13 times in ever 100 or put another way more than a 1 in 10 chance for the 72, every hand can be beaten but many of the "its rigged" mob seem to forget this.

Never seen a post from a player rivering a 2% chance to win crying foul play.
  • edited September 2010

There is a little more to the Roberto hand than meets the eye.

I spoke to a downcast Roberto immediately after his brutal exit, & he told me the "back-story" was that he had tilted the whole table with his speech-play, which was designed specifically to induce the daft push by A-4 man. And it worked. Almost......

I asked Roberto how he had tilted everyone (he does talk "rather a lot"), & suggested to him it might be because he speaks with a strong Welsh accent, which would, let's be fair, test the patience of a Saint.

Roberto shot me  look like Attila on a bad day, & walked off muttering about what he described as "the ****** English".....

But really, fancy laying out £10,000+ & getting that happen. Now you know why I prefer smaller tourneys these days. They are just as much fun, & the beats don't hurt. At £10k, it has to hurt!

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: IS LIVE POKER RIGGED THE WSOP E IS!!!!!!!!:
    There is a little more to the Roberto hand than meets the eye. I spoke to a downcast Roberto immediately after his brutal exit, & he told me the "back-story" was that he had tilted the whole table with his speech-play, which was designed specifically to induce the daft push by A-4 man. And it worked. Almost...... I asked Roberto how he had tilted everyone (he does talk "rather a lot"), & suggested to him it might be because he speaks with a strong Welsh accent, which would, let's be fair, test the patience of a Saint. Roberto shot me  look like Attila on a bad day, & walked off muttering about what he described as "the ****** English"..... But really, fancy laying out £10,000+ & getting that happen. Now you know why I prefer smaller tourneys these days. They are just as much fun, & the beats don't hurt. At £10k, it has to hurt!
    Posted by Tikay10
    TRUST YOU TO HAVE THE INSIDE LINE!

LOL
  • edited September 2010
    Thats not a bad beat, its standard on here, the A has 30% equity. Get AK in v AJ and see how often a J hits. Get KK in v Ax and see how often an A hits. If he had 99 on a 9K4 flop and got it all in there v KQ and lost to JT trn r then that would be a typical sky beat.
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    Thats not a bad beat, its standard on here, the A has 30% equity. Get AK in v AJ and see how often a J hits. Get KK in v Ax and see how often an A hits. If he had 99 on a 9K4 flop and got it all in there v KQ and lost to JT trn r then that would be a typical sky beat.
    Posted by stien
    It happens in all poker mate, not just on sky. But obv when you play online you're playing loads more hands than you would be live so it probably feels like you get sucked out on more.

And you always seem to run like god against me anyway :p
  • edited September 2010
    lol, if I could just perfect that run like god v 60nine60 and offshoot, how they hit their cards v me i have no clue.
  • edited September 2010
    lol stein its a silly game isnt it

FWIW i've played with roberto and he never stops talking or playing pots but I found his voice really therapeutic. his game is all just about getting chips early, and tbf jaka is a massive spew machine so meh standard hand.   Absolutely nothing wrong with faraz play either, 30% gets there 30% of the time surprisingly. 
  • edited September 2010
    Should have folded pre

;)
  • edited September 2010
    Posted by stien
    Typical sky beat!!!!! As I mentioned earlier in this post you get outdrawn in live games just the same, we all get lucky and unlucky if you cant handle it dont play poker.