You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I'm Confused with the Tourney Prize structure and feel robbed!!!!

edited September 2010 in Sky Poker Tournaments
Ive just finished playing in one of the small tournaments and was a little dissapointed with the prize structure  and payouts and wanted to know anyone elses opinion on how 2nd place in a tournament can end up with more than the winner !!!!! (it wasnt a bounty hunter)

If anyone from Sky is reading then the Tourney ID IS 3325115 ............ 

It was a £2 satelite tourney into the friday night open which is normally an £11 buy in so basically for every £11 that is entered into the buy-in tourney means 1 extra place is awarded for the main tourney.  

To cut a long story short it got to the point where £28.60 was in the prize pool towards the end of the tourney which in my book means the top 2 places are awarded a seat in the open and 3rd place is awarded the remaining prize pool cash, in this case £6.60 ............ but in actual fact, and i dont understand why or how, first place was awarded a seat in the open, and second place was awarded a place in the open aswell as the remaining cash, lmao.

I'd love to get some feedback on this as i feel completely robbed finishing in 3rd place and getting nothing back !!!

Comments

• edited September 2010
    In Response to I'm Confused with the Tourney Prize structure and feel robbed!!!!:
    Ive just finished playing in one of the small tournaments and was a little dissapointed with the prize structure  and payouts and wanted to know anyone elses opinion on how 2nd place in a tournament can end up with more than the winner !!!!! (it wasnt a bounty hunter) If anyone from Sky is reading then the Tourney ID IS 3325115 ............  It was a £2 satelite tourney into the friday night open which is normally an £11 buy in so basically for every £11 that is entered into the buy-in tourney means 1 extra place is awarded for the main tourney.   To cut a long story short it got to the point where £28.60 was in the prize pool towards the end of the tourney which in my book means the top 2 places are awarded a seat in the open and 3rd place is awarded the remaining prize pool cash, in this case £6.60 ............ but in actual fact, and i dont understand why or how, first place was awarded a seat in the open, and second place was awarded a place in the open aswell as the remaining cash, lmao. I'd love to get some feedback on this as i feel completely robbed finishing in 3rd place and getting nothing back !!!  
    Posted by Carlos_

I've just had a phone call from Sky and it turns out there was a problem after all and they've rectified the problem ........ thanks Sky admin for the call and i appreciate you sorting it out ....... 1 happy player again, lol
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to I'm Confused with the Tourney Prize structure and feel robbed!!!!:
    Ive just finished playing in one of the small tournaments and was a little dissapointed with the prize structure  and payouts and wanted to know anyone elses opinion on how 2nd place in a tournament can end up with more than the winner !!!!! (it wasnt a bounty hunter) If anyone from Sky is reading then the Tourney ID IS 3325115 ............  It was a £2 satelite tourney into the friday night open which is normally an £11 buy in so basically for every £11 that is entered into the buy-in tourney means 1 extra place is awarded for the main tourney.   To cut a long story short it got to the point where £28.60 was in the prize pool towards the end of the tourney which in my book means the top 2 places are awarded a seat in the open and 3rd place is awarded the remaining prize pool cash, in this case £6.60 ............ but in actual fact, and i dont understand why or how, first place was awarded a seat in the open, and second place was awarded a place in the open aswell as the remaining cash, lmao. I'd love to get some feedback on this as i feel completely robbed finishing in 3rd place and getting nothing back !!!  
    Posted by Carlos_
    You'll need to contact Sky mate. If this did happen it would just be some sort of system error and customer care will rectify it for you.

EDIT- already sorted Sky beat me to it, very well done.
  • edited September 2010
    Well done sky poker
  • edited September 2010
    Sky Poker C/C for the win