You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

16 player split the prize OMG

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
was playing in a pub tournment there was 100 players i stayed in till 18th place and got my AA busted obviously then after then next guy had been knocked out somone said there is 1680 in the pot shall we all have £100 and call it a night and every player agreed and the winner got an extra 80 anyone else ever seen this

Comments

• edited September 2010
    LOL never heard of there being a split with more than 1 table in play... Sounds to me like the players were more up for getting a few beers down their neck than playing poker.

p.s Fold AA FTW
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: 16 player split the prize OMG:
    LOL never heard of there being a split with more than 1 table in play... Sounds to me like the players were more up for getting a few beers down their neck than playing poker. p.s Fold AA FTW
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Lol! Flushy  ; ) xx
  • edited September 2010
    jeez, thats what they must call playing with scared money.....So if there was a winner, the tourney must have played on, or did everyone just shove every hand.  Sounds a bit crazy to me unless the pub had to close or something.  It would take all 16 players to agree,  I`m amazed that you could get 16 players to agree to this
  • edited September 2010
    i bet it was the guy in 16th who suggested this....smart tactics//!/1

x
  • edited September 2010
    Guy with most chips prob got the 80!!
  • edited September 2010

There was a £1,000 Tourney in Brighton where it got to the end of Day One & nobody seemed keen to return on Day Two, as there was a nice Tourney on in London, so the final 16 chopped it up. I think they - well, ahem, we - all got about £2,500 each. I believe that about 40 players played, so it would have been (approx) top 5 paid.

Many mocked, but I'll take that ROI every night for 6 or 7 hours poker!

What's not to like about turning £1,050 into £2,500 at almost no risk? 

Happy days indeed. 
  • edited September 2010

PS - The convention in such cases, by the way, as someone alluded earlier, is that EVERY player has to agree to the Deal. One objection = no deal.

Each to their own, & all that. Move on, next case, & next week's buy-in is locked up.
  • edited September 2010
    Be gutted if somebody said no, then was next to get kocked out! :D

Tikay you must be loaded!!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: 16 player split the prize OMG:
    Be gutted if somebody said no, then was next to get kocked out! :D Tikay you must be loaded!!
    Posted by shaun09
    I will assume you mean't "knocked out" Shaun.....;)

It's an almost nailed-on certainty, a version of Murphy's Law if you like, that whenever anyone declines a deal, they get busted.

The exceptions proves the rule, though. Yesterday, Richard Ashby, aka Chufty, won the WCOOP 6 max Omaha after declining business when Heads Up. Ship the $180,000.

He'd played the previous night, all night, then turned up at WSOP-E London (with the £10,300 Entry fee - in cash - clutched in his hand), played the WSOP-E, busted early, then back to his Hotel in time to play Night 2 of his WCOOP. And win it.

In the middle of all that, he found time to give Channel 865 an Interview, which will air very soon. He did look a little tired & bemused. Especially at some of the questions Orford asked him......
  • edited September 2010

Yeh Ive never played live, but id imagine if I had say a middling/low stack, ie I was 10th/16, and was the one to say no to a deal, I'd deffo feel like I had a bounty on my head, they'd all be gunning for me. 

• edited September 2010
    I recently had the reverse of this in a large online tournament, 4 players left i was 2nd in chips abot twice the shorties and everyone checked the yes box for a deal once the 5th went out, the chip leader a GERMAN was the one who had the control
    He wanted more than the chip count said he was due, i would have picked up a little less than 2nd prize which was double the 4th prize
    He would not budge, then arguments with the shorties and then deal was off, i would have been happy with what the chip count offered
    We played on and i got knocked out in 4th after getting all my money in 4-1 favorite twice with over pairs
    Could not be happy with the deal making but the moral is do not try to deal with a german

Was very happy with 4th prize though

Gary
  • edited September 2010
    i'd happily say no just for jokes :o) then take it down obviously stick two fingers up and laugh