You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Omaha on Ch.865?

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
The time is now?

Surely it can be done with the current 2d software?

I'd love to see some. I've only recently began dabbling with PLO and PLO8. I'm grasping the idea of it easily enough (Don't mention my hero call with that, ehh, flush Gregg Hogg, that was just a brain lapse).

JimmyH's league has obviously stirred a lot of interest. It's certainly whetted my appetite. I bought a book on it but I have to say it was so jargon heavy I was bewildered. Wrap around draws? 13 card, 20 card draws? Even looking at the 2 pockets and flop I could barely comprehend where the 13/20 outs came from. Not to mention nut-outs. I thought they were just what we Scots did to Southerners coming it.

With Orford currently undertaking, and apparently ripping to bits, the game it would surely be a good time to introduce it? Orford as the glamorous assistant that was beginning at the same level as a lot of us and an Omaha shark ( JimmyH, Trev, Tikay, whowever) to add the expertise?

Youse are all good at talking to the beginner and I reckon this would appeal to a lot of people. I'd certainly love to hear some Omaha hands discussed.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I completely agree baldini, great idea. I defo could do with some expert opinion on my omaha game. Even an hour a week.
  • edited September 2010
    + 1 like the idea
  • edited September 2010
    Yes,

They should show some of the Omahartigan league and some of Orford's attempts to play!

I dont remember your hero call btw? Are you sure it was me?

• edited September 2010
    Have sooooo much trouble with it any visual help would be great (not good at all the written bits).
  • edited September 2010
      I know that they said before that they do not have the technology to do this but i for on would love to see it.

It could be very confusing for anyone watching though. It can be confusing in NLHE when 2 or more players pick up a piece of the flop and in omaha you could easily have 4 players each picking up multiple pieces of the flops.That being said it would still be a great learning excercise for all new players and an enjoyable one for the more experienced.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Omaha on Ch.865?:
    I completely agree baldini, great idea. I defo could do with some expert opinion on my omaha game. Even an hour a week.
    Posted by Eire82
    baldini, I like it lol. Full head of hair actually :-)

It wasn't against you Gregg but you were at the table and lol'd when I replied to whoever it was against (can't remember) congratulated me on my hero call and I said I thought I'd had a flush. Monday night just passed.

It can't be that hard to change the software? It's surely just a few tweaks to the software that's actually used to play the game?