You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I hate being booted out on the river this way

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
To me this is the most annoying way of being sucked out on ;o)
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
cazallen31 Small blind  15.00 15.00 2835.00
xxx Big blind  30.00 45.00 2910.00
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • K

b_rite Call  30.00 75.00 2130.00
dav1964 Raise  60.00 135.00 2940.00
WESTLEY7 Fold     
cazallen31 Call  45.00 180.00 2790.00
xxx Call  30.00 210.00 2880.00
b_rite Call  30.00 240.00 2100.00
Flop

• Q
  • J

cazallen31 Check     
xxx Bet  240.00 480.00 2640.00
b_rite Fold     
dav1964 Call  240.00 720.00 2700.00
cazallen31 Fold     
Turn

• Q

xxx All-in  2640.00 3360.00 0.00
dav1964 Call  2640.00 6000.00 60.00
xxx Show

dav1964 Show
  • Q
  • K

River

xxx Win Flush to the Queen 6000.00  6000

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Bad beat yaaaaaaaawwnnnn.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: I hate being sucked out on the river this way:
    Bad beat yaaaaaaaawwnnnn.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Moron
  • edited September 2010
    Min raise preflop achieves nothing, raise flop and obviously call turn.
  • edited September 2010
    Min raise preflop achieves nothing, raise flop and obviously call turn.
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    Very true but i wanted a caller with this hand and the flop was good,when they bet the flop and then the Q came on the turn i figured i had achieved the max i coulda got outta the player,i just dont understand the all-in gettin so lucky;o)

Also contrary to what mr.dudeskin suggests it was hardly a bad beat thread,gl cow
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: I hate being sucked out on the river this way : Why are ya bein such a d i c k  lately? in bad form?
    Posted by dav1964
    Why are you posting bad beats in the poker clinic ?
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: I hate being sucked out on the river this way : Very true but i wanted a caller with this hand and the flop was good,when they bet the flop and then the Q came on the turn i figured i had achieved the max i coulda got outta the player,i just dont understand the all-in gettin so lucky;o) Also contrary to what mr.dudeskin suggests it was hardly a bad beat thread,gl cow
    Posted by dav1964
    whether it is or isn't there's still no need for abuse.

I know dude wont be bothered and is above that kind of thing, but some people would be mega offended.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: I hate being sucked out on the river this way : Very true but i wanted a caller with this hand and the flop was good,when they bet the flop and then the Q came on the turn i figured i had achieved the max i coulda got outta the player,i just dont understand the all-in gettin so lucky;o) Also contrary to what mr.dudeskin suggests it was hardly a bad beat thread,gl cow
    Posted by dav1964
    You were 85% fave going to river so for me it's a bad beat others might have different parameters. Also lets not be talking about form, pot and kettle and all that.
  • edited September 2010
    yep this is a bad beat thread, can it just not be deleted?

also lol @ preflop
  • edited September 2010

OK lets clear a few things up.
    1 A bad beat thread normally goes along the lines of 'How can they call with nowt' all i said was omg i hate it when this happens.
    2 Dudeskin as he already knows has been posting 'bad beat yaaaaaaawn' for the last few days on various threads to alot of players and was told by a few of them that there is no need for his sarcastic comments,after all he dont HAVE to read them does he?
    3 Mr myagi please be aware dude is more than capable of dishin it out so im sure he can take it as well.

4 Shanxta you always like to post something its just a pity NONE of it is EVER worthwhile is it?

• edited September 2010
    yep this is a bad beat thread, can it just not be deleted? also lol @ preflop
    Posted by SHANXTA
    LOL @ you mate as well, do you forget how many times your hands are shown on ch865? some of them plays make my play on this one look good.
  • edited September 2010
    Dav1964 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

Dont agree with the bad language but love everything else and it isnt a bad beat if u look at the player betting out and the player calling, shame he was repping ur hand and then unlucky river. Keep posting aswell there is always a couple of players who get under ur grill i have few of my own.

Agreed aswell shanxt maybe u should leave ur maths book at home and start posting useful info there is no need to be a flid to ppl! Posts like this build the community posts like urs make less ppl post.
  • edited September 2010

woohooooo a poker clinic war I'm not involved in.

• edited September 2010
    OK lets clear a few things up. 1 A bad beat thread normally goes along the lines of 'How can they call with nowt' all i said was omg i hate it when this happens. 2 Dudeskin as he already knows has been posting 'bad beat yaaaaaaawn' for the last few days on various threads to alot of players and was told by a few of them that there is no need for his sarcastic comments,after all he dont HAVE to read them does he? 3 Mr myagi please be aware dude is more than capable of dishin it out so im sure he can take it as well. 4 Shanxta you always like to post something its just a pity NONE of it is EVER worthwhile is it?
    Posted by dav1964
    Firstly I love your logic on what dictates a bad beat thread lmao. And secondly why would I bother writing something to help the OP when it's clearly just a bad beat which deserves a good solid "bad beat yaaawwwnn".

Also can this thread be just moved to area 51 where it belongs please.
  • edited September 2010
    Dav1964 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 Dont agree with the bad language but love everything else and it isnt a bad beat if u look at the player betting out and the player calling, shame he was repping ur hand and then unlucky river. Keep posting aswell there is always a couple of players who get under ur grill i have few of my own. Agreed aswell shanxt maybe u should leave ur maths book at home and start posting useful info there is no need to be a flid to ppl! Posts like this build the community posts like urs make less ppl post.
    Posted by Batkin88
    Tyvm and yeah in the heat of the moment i said a couple of things i should not have
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: I hate being sucked out on the river this way : Firstly I love your logic on what dictates a bad beat thread lmao. And secondly why would I bother writing something to help the OP when it's clearly just a bad beat which deserves a good solid "bad beat yaaawwwnn". Also can this thread be just moved to area 51 where it belongs please.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Dude mate i said things i shouldnt have to ya and i apologise.

BUT i just didnt expect a reply to my thread like that from someone on my FRIENDS list so lmao back to ya ;o)
  • edited September 2010
    woohooooo a poker clinic war I'm not involved in.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    its a 1st
  • edited September 2010
    good on you dave, it takes a man to apologise.

group hug?
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: I hate being sucked out on the river this way : Dude mate i said things i shouldnt have to ya and i apologise. BUT i just didnt expect a reply to my thread like that from someone on my FRIENDS list so lmao back to ya ;o)
    Posted by dav1964
    It wasn't anything against you mate just to these sort of threads in general and not meant to be offensive at all, but let's just say water under the bridge. ;)
  • edited September 2010
    good on you dave, it takes a man to apologise. group hug?
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............................................
  • edited September 2010
    ok....

lol @ dav, not sure u deserve any more of a reply than that

this is a poker clinic, not a bad beat clinic, no1 cares if u got sucked out on

and @ batkin, u post several hands asking for advice, then when u get it, and disagree with it, u go off on 1, the last time i commented on one of ur posts, u flew off the handle, i then woke up in the morning (well afternoon) to find you arguing with offshoot, as you obv thought he was wrong too!  if you're gonna post hands, get free advice off of good winning players (not me, but players like offshoot, beaneh, lol_raise etc etc) and then not even listen, why bother? 
  • edited September 2010

IMO lol @ anyone is not even a half decent reply and IMO serves no purpose at all.It makes me wonder and think did we really have a shot at the 'BEST POKER FORUM' award when a FEW players leave remarks like that one on a thread.

• edited September 2010
    ok.... lol @ dav, not sure u deserve any more of a reply than that this is a poker clinic, not a bad beat clinic, no1 cares if u got sucked out on and @ batkin, u post several hands asking for advice, then when u get it, and disagree with it, u go off on 1, the last time i commented on one of ur posts, u flew off the handle, i then woke up in the morning (well afternoon) to find you arguing with offshoot, as you obv thought he was wrong too!  if you're gonna post hands, get free advice off of good winning players (not me, but players like offshoot, beaneh, lol_raise etc etc) and then not even listen, why bother? 
    Posted by SHANXTA
    I wasnt arguing with offshoot??? I post on clinic for advice and take it i dont listen to sarcy remarks and will reply to em! Like every comment u make is of no purpose to me as u just have a go or nit pick a raise being 10p out of sumin stupid.
    I take all advice on board and question all advice given as i want to know why ppl play certain ways. Makes me a better player and i appreciate all advice! There is no need to be rude to other players thats all i would say
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: I hate being sucked out on the river this way : I wasnt arguing with offshoot??? I post on clinic for advice and take it i dont listen to sarcy remarks and will reply to em! Like every comment u make is of no purpose to me as u just have a go or nit pick a raise being 10p out of sumin stupid. I take all advice on board and question all advice given as i want to know why ppl play certain ways. Makes me a better player and i appreciate all advice! There is no need to be rude to other players thats all i would say
    Posted by Batkin88
    I think youve summed it all up there,wd
  • edited September 2010
    if you're gonna post hands, get free advice off of good winning players (not me, but players like offshoot, beaneh, lol_raise etc etc) and then not even listen, why bother? 
    Posted by SHANXTA
    [ ] winning players :D

but seriously this thread was just basically
    "i hate it when people overbet shove into me when i have trips and they have 8high"
    fair enough i quite like that but nvm. there is no "could i raise bigger pre? raise the flop? or should i fold turn?" or any sort of comment that implies the OP would like advice from others how to play the hand so it really shouldnt be in this sub forum which is what quite a lot of posters have said before.

oh and this forum never really had a chance of best british forum tbh
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: I hate being sucked out on the river this way : [ ] winning players :D but seriously this thread was just basically "i hate it when people overbet shove into me when i have trips and they have 8high" fair enough i quite like that but nvm. there is no "could i raise bigger pre? raise the flop? or should i fold turn?" or any sort of comment that implies the OP would like advice from others how to play the hand so it really shouldnt be in this sub forum which is what quite a lot of posters have said before. oh and this forum never really had a chance of best british forum tbh
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Cant argue with any of your points here,well put xx
  • edited September 2010
    Hi all. 

Unfortunately we've had to remove and change certain post from this thread due to inappropriate language being used.

Please be advised that Sky Poker does not condone the use of such language under any circumstances.

Kindly keep all post clean and friendly.

Have a lovely evening all .

Sky Poker Mod

• edited September 2010
    Dav, UL firstly........... but im really not a fan of min-raising pre unless this is a DYM?? other then that doesn't really achieve anything might aswell call, but i would be raising 3-4 x, would re-raise flop make people pay for their draws. Got in good but still could have played different imo mate
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: I hate being booted out on the river this way:
    Dav, UL firstly........... but im really not a fan of min-raising pre unless this is a DYM?? other then that doesn't really achieve anything might aswell call, but i would be raising 3-4 x, would re-raise flop make people pay for their draws. Got in good but still could have played different imo mate
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Please explain this line.
  • edited September 2010
    DYM it seems to be the norm min-raising, alot of people will play their strong hands like this. I wont most the time but this way you can play a small controlled pot and either lose little or win little as its not essential to be stacking in this spot, where as in tournament i woudn't mind putting more at risk but its unessary in DYM. i will still bet more but can understand it if this is DYM someone min raising

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: I hate being booted out on the river this way:
    DYM it seems to be the norm min-raising, alot of people will play their strong hands like this. I wont most the time but this way you can play a small controlled pot and either lose little or win little as its not essential to be stacking in this spot, where as in tournament i woudn't mind putting more at risk but its unessary in DYM. i will still bet more but can understand it if this is DYM someone min raising
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    But by minraising aren't you liturally screaming CALLLL MEEEE ! Surely it's better to make a proper raise hence not giving them pot odds etc ?