You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Going to vegas

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
Going to vegas on holiday next year (with wife, mandalay bay)anyone give advice on where to eat, what to see, most importantly, where to play!

Comments

• ACAACA
    edited September 2010
    In Response to Going to vegas:
    Going to vegas on holiday next year (with wife, mandalay bay)anyone give advice on where to eat, what to see, most importantly, where to play!
    Posted by mac57
    Hi Mac

Great choice of hotel it's really nice, been there a couple of times (pre kids that is) and we thought it was great, it's got it's own beach and the wife (and no doubt u) will enjoy celeb spottin as the four seasons next door share the facilities.
    We ate in the Aureole, food and setting (although a tad pricy) was top notch, tbf tho I reckon u cant lose no matter where u eat

I'm sure u'll love it and gl at the tables (pls take me with u)

http://lasvegaspokersource.com/?page_id=8
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Going to vegas:
    Posted by mac57
    allvegaspoker.com is a great site with tourney details.

I went twice last year, stayed at MGM Grand and Mirage, depending on your bankroll and whether you like cash/tourneys deepstacks or quicker tourneys these are my top 5

Tourneys

1 Aria $120 buy in deepstack 1pm (8000 30 min clock)
    2 Caesars $150 deepie
    3 Venetian $350 deepstack (premium tourney)
    4 MGM Grand $85 evening tourney (quite soft field but quick blinds)
    5 O'Sheas $45 6 a day - good fun very quick

Cash

1 Aria - pretty soft
    2 MGM Grand - nice room, soft
    3 Harrahs - very soft
    4 O'Sheas - loads of fun
    5 Excalibur - near to MB - soft

To Eat

Mon Ami Gabi in Paris is very nice but quite pricey (special occasion)
    Wynn and Bellagio have very good buffets
    Spice Market buffet at PH is good
    Margaritaville has amazing nachos!

Clubs

Voodoo Lounge in Rio, amazing view (get a witches brew)
    Kahunaville in TI - great big cocktail drinks (Big Kahuna)

Shows
    Phantom of the Opera - great
    Mystere is unmissable (go 20 mins early for comedy)
    Ka and O are well recommended by others

Go Downtown for Fremont St experience, fantastic!!

Dave

• edited September 2010
    Walk up one side of the strip and pop into places as you get to them

Walk down the other and do the same

That's 24 hours covered and I found it a great way to get orientated as to what's on and where - and to really pick up on the atmosphere and vibe of the strip.

I think the Phantom of the Opera in Vegas is a cut down version of the whole show - not saying it's not worth going, but you'd probably be better off seeing the original in London some time if that is the case.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Going to vegas:
    Walk up one side of the strip and pop into places as you get to them Walk down the other and do the same That's 24 hours covered and I found it a great way to get orientated as to what's on and where - and to really pick up on the atmosphere and vibe of the strip. I think the Phantom of the Opera in Vegas is a cut down version of the whole show - not saying it's not worth going, but you'd probably be better off seeing the original in London some time if that is the case.
    Posted by BelovedLtd
    I have seen Phantom in both London and Vegas and yes, the Vegas one is 90 mins with no intermission but believe me, that is what you want from the Vegas spectacular.  The theatre is custom built in Vegas and has better special effects than London, they are both well worth seeing!!

• edited September 2010
    Thanks for the help everyone,sounds great, can't wait to go!
  • edited September 2010

hi im going to vegas in january

have been about 6 times

allways stay in the imperial palace top place

have a night in there with the dealertainers

freemont mont dtreet for the light show go thursday friday our saturday as you get street entertainment as well

as for poker i like osheas  harrahs and the wynn if ive won a cpl there $300 game

just enjoy the place its amazing

• edited September 2010
      hi im going to vegas in january   have been about 6 times   allways stay in the imperial palace top place   have a night in there with the dealertainers   freemont mont dtreet for the light show go thursday friday our saturday as you get street entertainment as well   as for poker i like osheas  harrahs and the wynn if ive won a cpl there $300 game   just enjoy the place its amazing
    Posted by sara36dd08

Thanks, been told by a few people that once you've been, you will want to go again. Have to see if the wife likes it first, before i can even think about that though, lol
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Going to vegas : Thanks, been told by a few people that once you've been, you will want to go again. Have to see if the wife likes it first, before i can even think about that though, lol
    Posted by mac57
    I went last year with some mates, and yes I want to go back!
    I saw The Blue Man Group and Cirque de Soliel (the Beatles one). Both were brilliant - we made sure by buying the tickets before we got there.
    There are lots of shops - be wary of those that don't show the prices though!!
    Lots of good food places - all you can eat breakfasts!
    Would recommend the Outback Steakhouse on the strip. Steak, beer, football - our first night and put it on the right track. The poker after didn't go too well though! 
    At most of the hotels there is often a cash game going on late into the night. I joined in on a couple. The banter was good and some nights I didn't sleep.