You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Betting out on the flop

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
There is no specific hand but just asking other players opinions!
As an example u have been dealt ace jack off suit. Your one from the bottom, pre flop u raise and are called by the button and BB. Flop comes down rainbow boad 2 8 10 ur second to act! its checked to u Would u bet out on the flop? How much?

If ur called by one and turn comes down 6 would u also bet out on turn?( with air still) How much?
If ur flat called again and river is Q would u bet again on river? (again with air) how much?

When i say how much to bet im referring to size of pot or third of pot or half, as i have no examples.
Im discounting raises from this hand as if im raised i would fold with air 90% of the time. I just seem to get stuck with players flat calling my bets.

Understand its a rough example but would appreciate any advice

Ty

Kalie

Comments

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Betting out on the flop:
    There is no specific hand but just asking other players opinions! As an example u have been dealt ace jack off suit. Your one from the bottom, pre flop u raise and are called by the button and BB. Flop comes down rainbow boad 2 8 10 ur second to act! its checked to u Would u bet out on the flop? How much? If ur called by one and turn comes down 6 would u also bet out on turn?( with air still) How much? If ur flat called again and river is Q would u bet again on river? (again with air) how much? When i say how much to bet im referring to size of pot or third of pot or half, as i have no examples. Im discounting raises from this hand as if im raised i would fold with air 90% of the time. I just seem to get stuck with players flat calling my bets. Understand its a rough example but would appreciate any advice Ty Kalie
    Posted by Batkin88
    What do u do the other 10%??? :o
  • edited September 2010
    its bit hard to bet out with no reads..........
  • edited September 2010
    I would probably c-bet the flop about 2/3-3/4 pot 80% of time but once called just shut down on turn and only continue if it's an Ace Jack but if not just give up.
  • edited September 2010
    For me I don't c-bet every time. I used to but quickly found that people were exploiting this by check raising me a lot & it started costing me.

I think c-betting is fine ~75% of the time & if you get called & miss on the turn unless you have any specific reads on players then I'm mostly just shutting down at that point.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Betting out on the flop:
    In Response to Betting out on the flop : What do u do the other 10%??? :o
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH[/QUOTE

Reraise, i like to test players and make sure my notes are as accurate as can be, so pressuring someone raising with top pair shoddy kicker or second pair or just ace high can be quite beneficial if the turn brings higher cards than in there hand. Also like to re raise when i first get to tables to show i dont accept bluffs. So thats the other 10% but if i ever play u dohhhhh i always have top pair ace kicker!
  • edited September 2010
    ten high flops are generally bad flops to cbet with air because  people to to call with Tx hands (8T-AT)
    however if its rainbow flop and reasonably disconnected (T-6-2) rather than (T-8-6) then i would cbet it, also the dryer the flop the smaller you should cbet as there are less hands in their range that will be calling.
    give up when called without reads
  • edited September 2010
    cheers for all advice