You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

facing tough spot on river

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Seat 1: Villain ($30.72)
Seat 2: BoldHeadnr1 ($21.53)
Seat 3: Cilinder ($25.35)
Seat 4: truevillain43 ($41.31)
Seat 5: Pretto - RS ($8.54)
Seat 6: Joagien ($10.24)
Seat 7: j2nkujuta ($51.01)
Seat 8: astunov ($25.45)
Seat 9: Hero ($85.97)
BoldHeadnr1 posts the small blind of $0.10
Cilinder posts the big blind of $0.25
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [6c 6h]
truevillain43 folds
Pretto - RS folds
Joagien calls $0.25
j2nkujuta has 8 seconds left to act
j2nkujuta folds
astunov folds
Hero raises to $1
Villain calls $1
BoldHeadnr1 folds
Cilinder folds
Joagien folds
*** FLOP *** [Qc 6s 3c]
Hero bets $2
Villain calls $2
*** TURN *** [Qc 6s 3c] [7d]
Hero bets $3.50
Villain calls $3.50
*** RIVER *** [Qc 6s 3c 7d] [2d]
Hero bets $7
FaLLout86 has 15 seconds left to act
FaLLout86 raises to $24.22, and is all in

Hero??

villain is fairly solid reg

Comments

• edited September 2010

snap call and laugh at his two pair!
    Or cry at his set of queens or 4 5 off suit!

• edited September 2010
    hmmmmm what's tough about it? 

QQ? - wud he 3 bet from the button here? - surely he wud,and deffo raise the flop and/or turn......

77? - meh set over set, if he floats and binked the miracle, swear and open another tin.

45? - does he call pre with this hand? - no?  Would he raise the turn with it? - yes?

Just call.......
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: facing tough spot on river:
    hmmmmm what's tough about it?  QQ? - wud he 3 bet from the button here? - surely he wud,and deffo raise the flop and/or turn...... 77? - meh set over set, if he floats and binked the miracle, swear and open another tin. 45? - does he call pre with this hand? - no?  Would he raise the turn with it? - yes? Just call.......
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

my exact thought process...

anyway i called , villain shows 7-7 jst a cooler i know

after figuring he has either 4-5 or 7-7 can i possibly fold river? is he shoving less?

...prob thinkin bout it too much
  • edited September 2010
    What site is this on? I learnt playing for a bit last week, that they do always show up with the hand on PS, I don't know how they manage to have the goods every single time.

Missed flush? Do they ever shove after a river value bet? - probably never, looks like ur never folding....

33? - probably, but why wouldn't he have raised flop/turn.

AQ? - no, he shouldn't be shoving anyway.

So you can't fold, but you can't put him on a hand u can beat either.........

Familiar story for me, sigh, call, sigh again, reload. 

• edited September 2010
    bet bigger on the turn, dohhh's first post was pretty spot on
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: facing tough spot on river:
    What site is this on? I learnt playing for a bit last week, that they do always show up with the hand on PS, I don't know how they manage to have the goods every single time. Missed flush? Do they ever shove after a river value bet? - probably never, looks like ur never folding.... 33? - probably, but why wouldn't he have raised flop/turn. AQ? - no, he shouldn't be shoving anyway. So you can't fold, but you can't put him on a hand u can beat either......... Familiar story for me, sigh, call, sigh again, reload. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

yeah so...

in conclusion 'you have to call' but its almost never a profitable one

damn!...thats why i said its a tough spot
  • edited September 2010

lol on sky at 30nl you have to call and it's most definitely a profitable one.

You're ahead 99% of the time........even in full ring games.

In fact the money all goes in on the flop and turn, and your opponent shows queen 8 off suit. Easy game.

I haven't enough experience on the better sites to know how tough this spot is, but I can't see myself ever folding with the stacks as they are, so it's an easy decision for me until I know different.

Why don't you play here???
  • edited September 2010
    i do play on sky, i love it, love all the donks hehe generally only play tournaments tho

i find theres a hugely different dynamic to the cash games tho, fed up of raising 6x utg with KK and getting 4 callers 6-handed....ppl betting into 4-5 opponents with A high, calling gutshots 4 stacks....sometimes its almost like raising loses its value and im better off seeing cheap flops with ATC and playing a shrewd drawing game

its weird on here...when u run decent u make a shed load of money, but when u dont the beats on here are the worst ive seen