You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

what do u think about this?

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Ozzie08 Small blind  75.00 75.00 2795.00
Rinsed Big blind  150.00 225.00 10522.75
  Your hole cards
  • K

OOOOOOOOOO Raise  345.00 570.00 7341.00
SHY-BOY Fold     
elsadog Fold     
Ozzie08 Fold     
Rinsed Call  195.00 765.00 10327.75
Flop

Rinsed Check     
OOOOOOOOOO Bet  560.00 1325.00 6781.00
Rinsed Raise  1502.50 2827.50 8825.25
OOOOOOOOOO Raise  4712.50 7540.00 2068.50
Rinsed All-in  8825.25 16365.25 0.00
OOOOOOOOOO All-in  2068.50 18433.75 0.00
Rinsed Unmatched bet  2986.75 15447.00 2986.75
Rinsed Show
  • K

OOOOOOOOOO Show
  • Q
  • A

Turn

River

OOOOOOOOOO Win Flush to the Ace 15447.00  15447.00

btw, i knew this guy was playing a,k, or a,q...... didnt expect the flush :)

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Fold pre, but afterwards Bad beat yaaaaaawwnn

EDIT : Actually not quite a bad beat but still you got yourself in this situation by making a stubborn call pre flop.
  • edited September 2010

This aint a bad beat story.....coz theres loads to talk about within the hand.....

but I'm scared to go anywhere near it, RINSED SCARES ME !!!!

I would be petrified about getting it in that deep with a pair of 7's, but it was good !!!!

I'll leave it to you guys ! lol
  • edited September 2010
    i think when you 5 bet all in against someone who raised under the gun you never have the best hand. You were lucky to only be a slight underdog.
  • edited September 2010
    ill explain my move, the reason i call with these 2 is because everyoneelse folds, if hit...he's induced to a bluff, so easy money for me. if i miss insta fold. I kinda put him on these cards anyways.

anyhow bk upto 33k and in 2nd :)

wish me luck
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: what do u think about this?:
    ill explain my move, the reason i call with these 2 is because everyoneelse folds, if hit...he's induced to a bluff, so easy money for me. if i miss insta fold. I kinda put him on these cards anyways. anyhow bk upto 33k and in 2nd :) wish me luck
    Posted by Rinsed
    What do you do if he has an overpair or you hit King and he has a bigger kicker ?
  • edited September 2010
    dudeskin, very true but id been playing with him and like i said in was 75% sure he had a,k.. a,q... it was a gd read and i dont know why but i knew i had this guy beat... the only thing i was wrong about was the flush draw. that surpised me
  • edited September 2010
    Be very careful about polarising someone's range so tight to only include two hands, especially when you're only thinking AK/AQ. Sure, when you get it right you look like a genius, but this is the problem with being results oriented- he could just as easily have had an overpair to the board that he felt was vulnerable, this is a dream flop for 88/99/10-10/JJ, but you can't afford to see any more cards, since it has a huge chance of counterfeiting your hand, not to mention the obvious flush draw.

Preflop raise is stubborn, but fair enough- after the raise though you should be a lot more wary IMO, especially in a tournament. Going with your instincts is all good but as said- after he 3-bet you the alarm bells should be ringing in a massive way.

Don't be too committed to top pair when it's a 7 high board. If you have top pair on a K high board and a decent kicker too, then you're more entitled to stack off- but even so, you have to be aware of hands beating you- it's only one pair!!!
  • edited September 2010
    ok, sound advice thx. that was cleared up a few things and probs will choose a better spot in future :)
  • edited September 2010
    yeah you run pretty awesome to be coinflipping
    fold pre
  • edited September 2010
    put it in on turn if you are so sure what kind of hand he has?

fold pre.
  • edited September 2010
    fold pre and u dont get in this situation, if not then put it in on turn as if he does have flush draw which he does he is less likely to move all in with one card to come.
    Love the aggression tho