You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Fold or call this allin? Thoughts please!!!

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic

Hand History #293449217 (20:07 27/09/2010)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
gizmokid Small blind  30.00 30.00 11960.00
THETANK Big blind  60.00 90.00 2450.00
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

katie18 Raise  180.00 270.00 10333.75
ricoramb03 Raise  540.00 810.00 11480.00
sizzling Fold     
karting Fold     
gizmokid Fold     
THETANK Fold     
katie18 Call  360.00 1170.00 9973.75
Flop

• J

katie18 Bet  585.00 1755.00 9388.75
ricoramb03 Raise  1320.00 3075.00 10160.00
katie18 Call  735.00 3810.00 8653.75
Turn

katie18 Check     
ricoramb03 Bet  2760.00 6570.00 7400.00
katie18 All-in  8653.75 15223.75 0.00

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Just had this hand in the monday night deepstack. Doubled up early and got into a good position for the night. Should i be calling or folding this all-in the way the hand has gone. I would love to hear thoughts please!!!
  • edited September 2010
    Fold, The clown has a 10
  • edited September 2010
    fold for me, even though you have an overpair to the board I think you're behind more than you're ahead, and you have a plenty strong enough stack not to stack off here. Even if they are a maniac bluffer, they'll be caught soon making plays like that- no need to take the chance with your entire stack.
  • edited September 2010
    raise a lot more flop.

turn i might call i dunno you still have tonnes of chips and in this tournie you don't need to make moves early, and you def have an edge on a large portion of the field....considering that prob nit fold
  • edited September 2010
    this is ghay

raise more on flop or cawl cawl cawl. wish we didn't have Kd. meh
  • edited September 2010
    Maybe ur 3 bet was a bit small but could be JJ so a bigger bet cant see him folding here, JT, AT or TT either way the fold is correct IMO which is the question you asked.
  • edited September 2010

I cant see your stack but why would she shove with trips?? she could call with and get more on the river. I would fold but i can see an argument for calling

• edited September 2010
    if you have trips, with that much in the pot, why would you sit around and wait for the river with an obvious straight and 2 possible flush draws out? The way the betting has gone there's every chance Rico could have been sat with a diamond or straight draw.

Having said that, it looks like a typical donk bet of shove when you have the nuts.
  • edited September 2010
    Fold like a mo fo, shot in the dark i reckon your opponent has JJ, or  A10, could have AJ also but not worth finding out wait for a better spot
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Fold or call this allin? Thoughts please!!!:
    I cant see your stack but why would she shove with trips?? she could call with and get more on the river. I would fold but i can see an argument for calling
    Posted by Batkin88
    Left click and hold your mouse on the top blue bar and then drag to the right.
  • edited September 2010
    Posted by Batkin88
    With Rico being fairly tight, 3 betting pre flop, betting the flop and turn, she can pretty confidently put him on AA/KK? - T

If you put Rico on AA for example, do you think you stand more chance of getting paid on the turn or the river? What will waiting 1 more street achieve? The board is messy, and is likely to get worse.

Get it in now!!

• edited September 2010
    dont see how u can fold this turn - u have to assume JJJ and JT 3 bet the flop/get it in as its a messy board and not many nice turn cards

he could have AJ/QQ and combo draws enough of the time to make this profitable I think

Would raise larger on that flop though
  • edited September 2010
    what happened??
  • edited September 2010
    dont see how u can fold this turn - u have to assume JJJ and JT 3 bet the flop/get it in as its a messy board and not many nice turn cards he could have AJ/QQ and combo draws enough of the time to make this profitable I think Would raise larger on that flop though
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    They never have QQ or combo draws cause they reraise/get it in on the flop. And if they dont play it like that why would they want to get it in on that turn?? Draws could be drawing dead. JJ is a possibility but most people will check raise JJ on the flop. Only a very small percentage of players will donk/call the flop with JJ. If theyre going to slow play, they prob just call the turn aswell. AJ of spades is the only real possible hand rico is beating (or bluff)
    I think bigger reraise on flop. And smaller bet on turn as you dont want to scare off all the hands you have crushed. (AJ KJ QJ KQ) Chances of them having flush draw is so small, seeing as we have K diamonds. That means they can only really have A Q diamonds. Which they wont get in on turn, so we know they havent got that.