You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bad play??

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Right been at the table for roughly an hour picked up a couple of pounds here and there and have had no hands so have made practically no plays, person who im on this pot with could have literally any two and being playing it the same. I personally think he has overs with an ace so i have 1 of his outs or the flush draw have i played this correctly? i'll post the results later
ANNEJO Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £49.83
YOUNG_GUN Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £16.46
Boonicon Sit out        
  Your hole cards
  • A

xx Raise   £1.50 £1.95 £22.92
LADYGUNS Fold        
westslay23 Fold        
ANNEJO Fold        
YOUNG_GUN Call   £1.20 £3.15 £15.26
Flop

YOUNG_GUN Check        
xx Bet   £3.15 £6.30 £19.77
YOUNG_GUN All-in   £15.26 £21.56 £0.00
xx Call   £12.11 £33.67 £7.66
very loose call but this was because i had literally no handsin an hour, thought if i hit i had good chance of getting my opponents stack

Comments

• edited September 2010
    hmm...

always tough with top pair A kicker, but in fairness- I have no problem with the play, you've represented strength on the flop. As played I think they have the overpair, probably QQ or KK, but you don't know that for sure at the time- looks like a standard c-bet. The shove allin is a nice move, if the next card is a J/Q/K you're going to think you're behind, so get the chips in whilst your hand looks as good as it can.

If you'd bet and they'd shoved, I'd be saying it's a loose call, but as you got the chips in first- no problem. If they're as loose as you say as well, there's every chance they're making a move, could even have an underpair to the board or AK/AQ clubs.
  • edited September 2010
    Well they make it 5x preflop, that could be a smallish pair trying to nick the blinds but often for me it can also be be the big pairs trying to build a pot and look weak. The £3.15 pot bet for me anyway looks very strong, as you have TPTK you'tr probably right in thinking your ahead but by going all in your only called by better imo.

Also I wouldn't personally be sitting at a 30NL table with £16.46 as it makes it a lot harder to play these spots as there's no wriggle room. And overall if I'm honest I probably just fold the A10 preflop save the hasstle, they might be loosey goosey but I'd rather have a more solid hand that is unlikely to be dominated especially OOP.
  • edited September 2010
    true dudeskin, tbh only rolled to play £15 sit down and used to do ok with this amount at this level

Usually would fold pre a 10 off, just cause they are so loose could be doing with any suited connectors, most cards because i have the image as a total nit on this table and thought i could also use that to my advantage

i'll put the result later tho forgot to mention they have made this bet utg 99% of hands on my big blind, was obvious they would bet out flop hence me making it look double strong with the check, all in
  • edited September 2010

I don't like calling raises with this hand generally, but if you have a read that the guy is krazy (any2) then it's fine.

The flop play is good.

wp.
  • edited September 2010
    calling pre is bad, either 3 bet (which you cant as you havent bought in full) or fold

flop is bad, i dont like c/r here, you will rarely get called by worse, at best you will be be flippin against overs +fd/sd kinda hands or you're crushed by an OP

i'd lead flop and see how he reacts, which all comes down to reads which you dont really have any by the sounds - if you really think he plays any 2 then surely ur bluff catching by checking flop as you expect him to barrel with worse?
  • edited September 2010
    I had a very similar situation to this last night at 5/10nl with 2 players raising 3x and upwards every hand and you just do not know if they have the goods or not and i thought i was ahead with A Q on a dry flop of Q 7 3 i checked they bet the pot i re-raised they went all-in so i had to call off my remaining £3 or so they showed A K and my hand held up,i hope yours did as well.
  • edited September 2010
    ok the villain had AK Clubs, which is something i put within his range didnt put him as strong as could easily have played a lower flush draw this way which i put him or AK or AQ which obviously i want to be getting in if its these hands. Pre-flop is terrible for me but i have already explained why i did it and other times i would be betting the flop if i didnt hit as the other players were definately aware how tight i had been while everyone else was playing bingo.

looked on poker calculator and 53%/47% so was marginally ahead, turn was 9 spades, so then 73%-27% roughly and they hit their club. dont think usually i would make this play, just out of frustration, reads were sort of correct so not the worst play and dont blame the call by the opponent as they must think A or K are good also any clubs.

UL but also just teaches me to sit tighter for longer also, dont wanna be flipping after waiting so long! I will learn cash and back to mtt & sit n gos for now not any variance in that :P
  • edited September 2010

I think flop play is fine???

Whats bad about it??? The guy is apparently loose and aggressive, and could be holding any 2 cards

If he is as lose as you say he is preflop, he stacks off with any 10x hand, you checked to induce the bet, get value for your hand, then shoved to make the guy pay for draws, giving him less that 2/1. 

Your stack size makes the play easier, and good imo. 

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Bad play??:
    ok the villain had AK Clubs, which is something i put within his range didnt put him as strong as could easily have played a lower flush draw this way which i put him or AK or AQ which obviously i want to be getting in if its these hands. Pre-flop is terrible for me but i have already explained why i did it and other times i would be betting the flop if i didnt hit as the other players were definately aware how tight i had been while everyone else was playing bingo. looked on poker calculator and 53%/47% so was marginally ahead, turn was 9 spades, so then 73%-27% roughly and they hit their club. dont think usually i would make this play, just out of frustration, reads were sort of correct so not the worst play and dont blame the call by the opponent as they must think A or K are good also any clubs. UL but also just teaches me to sit tighter for longer also, dont wanna be flipping after waiting so long! I will learn cash and back to mtt & sit n gos for now not any variance in that :P
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    LOL !
  • edited September 2010
    Ty JJ, btw dudeskin that was put to get a reaction :P but tbh i run like god and do well in sit n gos, thats another reason why i put that lol
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    Fold pre.

As played if you see him as loose flop is fine.
  • edited September 2010
    Ty JJ, btw dudeskin that was put to get a reaction :P but tbh i run like god and do well in sit n gos, thats another reason why i put that lol
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    You sure mate ?
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Bad play?? : You sure mate ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    I wonder how many people read this and insta-shark'scope young gun !

It's impossible not to!!!! ;)
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Bad play?? : I wonder how many people read this and insta-shark'scope young gun ! It's impossible not to!!!! ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I'm not dissing him far from it, I only break even in them lol
  • edited September 2010
    haha i havent checked my sharkscope in a while but lately been losing Mtt's & cash, Stt  have been winning alot at £2.20, DYM £5.50 so far including last night 7/10, was 6/7 though, you may have figures which prove me wrong but i only go by recently what i have been winning etc, the stt £2.20 i'd say i've probably won at least every other game