You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NITS HU?????

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic

Ok.....Ive just had a huge struggle against a total nit playing HU.

He was so tight, and ran so good, I felt helpless at times.........

some stats....(all from the HU game)

Opponent....

Hands - 357
VPIP - 71
PFR - 5.

Hero....(me).......

Hands - 357
VPIP-80
PFR-78
He was literally limp folding 90% of sb's, and folding all his bb's.....

Any advice on playing nits HU????????

Comments

• ybyb
    edited September 2010
    Raise more than 78%?
  • edited September 2010
    If he is running good what can u do, normally would you expect your more aggressive game to win the day?
  • edited September 2010

I got him in the end......but u need a cooler to get him...

I WOULD LOVE TO BE GOOD AT HEADS UP !!!!!!
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: NITS HU?????:
    I got him in the end......but u need a cooler to get him... I WOULD LOVE TO BE GOOD AT HEADS UP !!!!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    sit n go hu?

I'm bored lol
  • edited September 2010
    how is he a nit when hes playing 70/5 thats ultra loose passive which is exactly the sort of person you want to play against.

open 100% of hands on the button and dont cbet without equity and you will print money off him
  • edited September 2010

Yeh I guess I used the wrong word....

I probably won 95% of pots......

Do you call 3 bets to try and get in and bust his big hands? - It seemed that was the only way I could take a big pot off him....

Also, I was opening for 3x, then to mix things up I started making it 4x, then just 2x, trying to make something happen........

It seemed the size of the raise had no influence on his decision to fold/call/raise pre flop, so what size would you go for? Bigger to build the pots? or smaller so you lose less when you have to fold to 3 bets?

I would steal 4 bbs, then he 3 bets me 1 time, and I lose the money I'd won stealing the previous 4......

Do you go fishing?

Some sikkkkkkk coolers I dropped 3 buy ins, and ended with a stack off $100 at 20nl, of which $70 was mine. lol

Fun tho....

Anyone wanna teach me/coach me to play heads up?????  (I promise I'd be easier to work with as I don't know the game, so Im more open minded ;);)

;)
  • edited September 2010
    if he either folds or 3bets then minraising the button is best, you can defend lighter because his 3bet will be smaller and it makes your steals cheaper, i would flat 3bets with pairs & suited stuff, not stuff like KJ QJ KQ even, depending how often he 3bets
  • edited September 2010
    I'd be micro-raising off the button pretty much 100% of the time. When he starts 3betting you, tighten up a little but remember that he thinks you're constantly at it, hence his range will be wider than you might expect.

LOL RAISE's point about the fact his 3bets are going to be smaller is a very good one, too. Means you can flat a little more often, 4bet resteal a little more cheaply and so on. Only thing I would say here is that, if you feel he's a nit you can outplay, flatting with those KQ/KJ/QJ/Ax type hands doesn't pose as much of a problem. He'll feel your range there is very wide, which means you can rep a large % of flops when they come messy, such as T-8-3r.

Just my small blind's worth...