You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Does anyone make the call here?

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Hi Guys

Firstly, the actual outcome of this hand is totally irrelevant (although naturally I won't say what happened yet as I don't want responses to be results orientated). What I want to know is, should I make the call here & if I do, is it profitable in the long term?

Villain had been at the table for about 30 minutes or so. He's been very active & this is his 2nd buy in. On both occasions he has never brought in for the max. Both times it was for around £8.

A few of his hands had gone to showdown & his opening raising range from pretty much any position is huge. I'm talking any semi reasonable face card (K9o/A7o+) & any PP. Obviously I'm hoping to get a call from him pre & at the time I thought my 3 bet was probably about the maximum he'd pay to see a flop (in hindsight I think I might have got away with a little more but then hindsight is a wonderful thing!).

The flop is a bit of a horrible one although I do have the nut flush re-draw which is why I bet out the flop. That way I either take the pot down there or then or if he does hold a random heart he may go fishing.

When he shoves the turn is this an easy call? Like I said, the result of this particular hand is irrelevant but it's a long term view I'm looking for here. Is a call always gonna be +EV?

Please also feel free to comment on any other aspect of this hand (positive or negative) as I'm trying to improve my overall game.

Thanks in advance

Jay
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £10.85
 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £1.60
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

Call  £0.20 £0.50 £5.96
villain Raise  £0.80 £1.30 £26.60
silentbob Raise  £2.40 £3.70 £16.70
 Fold