You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Midweek footy betting (28th/29th)

edited September 2010 in The Football Corner
After a winning weekend for the bookies we've got another chance to claw some money back from them tonight & tomorrow. I can't believe how many coupon busting results there were on Saturday!

Tonight we've got 8 Champions League games & a full Football League programme to choose from as well as some Conference games too. Initially I've just gone for one bet for tonight but may stick another on later.

Main Acca:

Cardiff to beat Palace (H) @ 8/15
Brighton to beat Brentford (H) @ 8/13
Peterborough to beat Notts Co (H) @ 4/5
Rotherham to beat Bradford (H) @ 8/11

These 4 are currently paying a tasty 13/2

Cardiff have made a decent start to the season & have been particularly strong at home with 3 wins & a draw. They're likely to be without Craig Bellamy again tonight but they've still got more than enough firepower to see of Palace. Palace have made a slow start to the season with 2 wins & a draw from their opening 8 games but it's away from Selhurst that they're particularly bad. They've lost all 4 on the road so far this season conceding 12 goals without reply. The latest of these defeats came on Saturday away at Derby who ain't exactly world beaters.
Brighton currently sit on top of League 1 with only 1 defeat from their opening 8 games (away to Sheff Weds) & are another side who have started strongly at home. So far Rochdale are the only side to come away from the Withdean with a point at the start of the season. They've won their 3 games there since. They're up against a Brentford side who rely a lot on their home form. So far the Bees have 2 draws & 2 defeats away from Griffin Park this season & last season saw them pick up only 5 wins from 23 away from home. The Seagulls should have more than enough to see them off tonight.
Peterborough are another side who have started strongly & again, particularly at home. So far they've won 4 from 4 at London Road with Saturday's 2-1 win over MK Dons there being the latest. I expected the price here to be shorter than this as they meet a Notts Co side who have been poor away from Meadow Lane so far with 1 draw & 3 defeats on the road.
The only thing that slightly worries me about backing Rotherham tonight is the fact that this is a Yorkshire derby but when you factor in a few other things there should really only be one winner here. Firstly, they have the divisions top scorer in hot form. Adam Le Fondre has 8 goals to his name so far & may even be worth backing for the 1st goal tonight @ 3/1. Secondly, they're at home. So far this season they've won 3 & drawn 1 at the Don Valley Stadium including saturday's victory over promotion rivals Chesterfield. Bradford have been a big disappointment so far this season with only 2 wins from their opening 8 games both of which have come at home. On the road so far they've only 1 draw & 3 defeats, the latest of which came on Saturday at Northampton. Their only point on the road so far has come at Stockport who have yet to win at Edgeley Park themselves this season & I think it'll be more misery for Peter Taylor again tonight.

Even if I do have another bet tonight I'm pretty certain that I'll probably avoid all of the Champions League games as I just can't see any real value. Chelsea have injury & suspension problems for tonight (no Drogba, Lampard, Benayoun or Kalou for starters) but should still be strong enough to see off Marseille. However, I'm not particularly convinced they'll win by a big margin & the general price of 3/10 for a home win just ain't worth the bother. You can get 4/5 on Chelsea winning by 2 or more in the handicapped market but something's nagging at me & I think it'll be a closer game than many think.

The same goes for Arsenal who travel to Partizan Belgrade tonight. Considering that they're away from home, are coming into this game on the back of a surprise defeat & have a lot of injuries (particularly defensively) the general price of 4/6 just doesn't appeal to me at all. Whilst Manuel Almunia may not be the greatest keeper in the world he is missing from the line up tonight which means Arsenal are relying on back up keeper Lukasz Fabianski so they're more than capable of conceding tonight.

If you fancy taking a long shot treble for a small outlay then I reckon it might worth backing Milan to beat Ajax (A - 15/8), Bayern to beat Basel (A - evens) & Auxerre to beat Real Madrid (H - 5/1). You'll get 34/1 on these 3 & the main reason I'd consider it is because Madrid can do strange things away from home.

Good luck if you're having a go tonight peeps & I'll post back here if I decide on any more bets for tonight.

Jay

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Anyone else betting tonight?
  • edited September 2010
    ive done a couple

Main Accumulator

Bayern to beat Basle 8/11
    Chelsea to beat Marseille 2/9
    Cardiff to beat C.Palace 4/9
    Qpr to beat Millwall8/15
    swansea to beat watford 11/5
    colchester to beat Dagenham 4/7

£5 stake returns117.56

although watford have had a good couple of weeks i believe swansea will be too strong for them whether they are home or away but hey this is football theirs always one team that screws me
  • edited September 2010
    NORWICH TO BEAT LEICESTER 6/5
    WATFORD TO BEAT SWANSEA  13/10

PAYS 4/1

WATFORD HAVE BEEN SCORING FOR FUN AND LEICESTER ARE BOBBINS WE PUT 6 PAST THEM FFS
  • edited September 2010

Donny away @ Coventry + Watford to beat Swansea, 11/2 double. 

• edited September 2010
    FootballBlue Sq ConferenceNewport Co. v Forest GreenMatch Result 28/09/2010 19:45Newport Co. @ 4/9
    FootballNpower League 2Rotherham v BradfordMatch Result 28/09/2010 19:45Rotherham @ 8/11
    FootballNpower League 1Brighton v BrentfordMatch Result 28/09/2010 19:45Brighton @ 4/5
    FootballNpower League 1Colchester v DagenhamMatch Result 28/09/2010 19:45Colchester @ 8/11
    FootballNpower League 1Peterborough v Notts Co.Match Result 28/09/2010 19:45Peterborough @ 8/11
    FootballNpower ChampionshipCardiff v Crystal PalaceMatch Result 28/09/2010 19:45Cardiff @ 1/2
    FootballNpower ChampionshipScunthorpe v BarnsleyMatch Result 28/09/2010 19:45Scunthorpe @ 6/5
    FootballNpower ChampionshipLeeds v PrestonMatch Result 28/09/2010 19:45Leeds @ 8/11
    FootballNpower ChampionshipNottm. Forest v Sheff. UtdMatch Result 28/09/2010 19:45Nottm. Forest @ 10/11
    Good luck everyone
  • edited September 2010
    Here is my effort... 9 X 8 Folds and an acca. Spartak have already done this business. Just 8 to go lol.
    FootballChampions LeagueSpartak Moscow v MSK ZilinaTo Score 2+ Goals 28/09/2010 17:30Spartak Moscow (Win) @ 4/7
    FootballNpower ChampionshipDerby v Middlesbro'Teams to Score 28/09/2010 19:45Both teams to score @ 4/5
    FootballNpower League 1Bournemouth v ExeterTo Score 2+ Goals 28/09/2010 19:45Bournemouth @ 10/11
    FootballNpower League 1Brighton v BrentfordMatch Result 28/09/2010 19:45Brighton @ 4/5
    FootballNpower League 1Swindon v PlymouthTeams to Score 28/09/2010 19:45Both teams to score @ 5/6
    FootballNpower League 1Hartlepool v CarlisleMatch Result 28/09/2010 19:45Hartlepool @ 13/8
    FootballNpower League 2Port Vale v ShrewsburyTeams to Score 28/09/2010 19:45Both teams to score @ 4/5
    FootballNpower ChampionshipWatford v SwanseaMatch Result 28/09/2010 19:45Watford @ 13/10
    FootballNpower League 2Torquay v Aldershot TownTeams to Score 28/09/2010 19:45Both teams to score @ 5/6
  • edited September 2010

Okay the old man informs me that despite the choice of live football on tonight, we'll be watching sky sports news so he can follow the leeds game, so gonna have to stick some more on for interest.

It sucks that theyve taken SS-news off freeview !!!

Anyway here goes....

Port Vale
    Arsenal
    Auxerre
    Bayern Munich
    Chelsea

69/1

4 draws.....138/1

Burnley v Hull
    Norwich v Leicester
    Derby v Boro'
    Pompey v Bristol City

And a 5r to round off my account, on an Arsenal, Cardiff, Brighton and Forest quadruple @ 8/1
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Midweek footy betting (28th/29th):
    Okay the old man informs me that despite the choice of live football on tonight, we'll be watching sky sports news so he can follow the leeds game, so gonna have to stick some more on for interest. It sucks that theyve taken SS-news off freeview !!! Anyway here goes.... Port Vale Arsenal Auxerre Bayern Munich Chelsea 69/1 4 draws.....138/1 Burnley v Hull Norwich v Leicester Derby v Boro' Pompey v Bristol City And a 5r to round off my account, on an Arsenal, Cardiff, Brighton and Forest quadruple @ 8/1
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
     You can still listen to it on Sky Sport news radio on the net! http://www.skysports.com/radio
  • edited September 2010
    And the hits just keep on coming.

Bookie will be buying his 4th holiday home at this rate!
  • edited September 2010
    I thought last season was bad for surprise results but so far it's looking bad again this time round.

Still, the weekend's only a couple of days away so we'll have another opportunity to claw some cash back from the bookies then I suppose.
  • edited September 2010
    The bookies have got the better of us again but we shall not be deterred. Bring it on ya smarmy sh!ts, you'll never keep us down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0IJpjQbPHw

Let's show the fight of the biscuit in the video and have a bet tonight and leave Skybet weeping when we all nail a big acca. Fooking Ave it!
  • edited September 2010
    Won £40 on Tuesday night, nothing special but still £40! Can't post because I didn't do it online .. 
    I had - Bournemouth, Norwich, Wycombe and Spartak Moscow, £5 stake.
    I might have to make a second journey to the bookies soon, I'm considering a risky one ... 
    £2 on- Valencia vs United draw, Tottenham vs FC Twente draw, and Bursaspor to win away at Rangers. 38/1 .. no chance I know! ha
  • edited September 2010
    got abit excited and put £3 on Hapoel Tel-Aviv to beat Lyon, Bursaspor to beat Rangers, Valencia and  United to draw and Man City to win home against Juventus. There's without doubt NO CHANCE of me winning this bet lol!!
  • edited September 2010

Spurs -2

11/2

£4.50 ONNIT !!!
  • edited September 2010
    £2 on Valencia to win 3-0 at 44/1
    £2 on Inter to win 3-0 at 14/1

£5 on Inter at HT at 6/5
  • edited September 2010

wt f is the point in having an official on the line to keep the goal-keeper on the line for a penatly, if it's a rule no 1 cares to enforce?

The people who run football are absolute morons. They really are.

Farcical. 
  • edited September 2010

HOLD !!!! And I'll hate referees abit less than I do atm,