You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SKY POKER HANDS

edited September 2010 in Area 51
This probably won't get 'aired' because it seems like I'm having a go at the site, but the hands, in particular, the river cards, on here are ridiculous. I've never seen so many hands where two players get dealt a pair pre-flop. Then how many people hit their runner, runners, and even more so, how many times the river is the one & only card the person behind could 'hit' to win the hand. It may seem like sour grapes as I'm on a bad run, but it's not, because I'm not......it does go both ways, I appreciate that, but the amount of times these things happen on here is unreal. I would like an explanation as to how the hands are dealt! I know I'm far from the only one who feels this way, as everybody is always mentioning "typical sky poker" hands in the chat boxes, during games.

Any views??  

Comments

• edited September 2010
    oh did you say something?
  • edited September 2010
    Ive heard many players using the phrase'rigged for action' ive no idea if this is true or untrue but i like this site very much and am very happy playing here and i enjoy the ACTION, it sounds to me that you may have a bit of a problem with this,if that was me i would not play here.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to SKY POKER HANDS:
    This probably won't get 'aired' because it seems like I'm having a go at the site, but the hands, in particular, the river cards, on here are ridiculous. I've never seen so many hands where two players get dealt a pair pre-flop. Then how many people hit their runner, runners, and even more so, how many times the river is the one & only card the person behind could 'hit' to win the hand. It may seem like sour grapes as I'm on a bad run, but it's not, because I'm not......it does go both ways, I appreciate that, but the amount of times these things happen on here is unreal. I would like an explanation as to how the hands are dealt! I know I'm far from the only one who feels this way, as everybody is always mentioning "typical sky poker" hands in the chat boxes, during games. Any views??  
    Posted by KOPITE26
    This may help :)
  • edited September 2010
    yaaaawwwwwwwwwnnnnn
  • edited September 2010
    area 51 me thinks
  • edited September 2010
    Sadly Sky poker is getting the reputation as the "bingo" site round other sites.
    Shame because i enjoy it here.
    I certainly do not believe the games are rigged as such, but there is a problem with the system. far to many flushes and river beats to be anywhere near realistic.
    Bad beats happen, and more often than we probably realsise , but no where near the frequency of this site.

• edited September 2010

Armed with this information, surely it would be easy to use it to your advantage.

Last night I shoved all in pre-flop with a pair 77, I got called with a pair of Aces, the flop comes down with another Ace and its looking like i'm doomed, but low and behold Turn 7, River 7 to give me quads.

WhoooooooHooooooooo!!!!!! (How ridiculous is that lol)

• edited September 2010
    Well, the answer's simple in that case. Play like a donk and make sure you're always going in with ridiculous hands that'll obviously catch up on the river.

Then tell me what table you're playing at.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: SKY POKER HANDS:
    Sadly Sky poker is getting the reputation as the "bingo" site round other sites. Shame because i enjoy it here. I certainly do not believe the games are rigged as such, but there is a problem with the system. far to many flushes and river beats to be anywhere near realistic. Bad beats happen, and more often than we probably realsise , but no where near the frequency of this site.
    Posted by steveskin1
    I also hear this quite a lot,  and out of about 5-10 people i know (locally) who used to play on Sky, theres only one other person who stills plays on here apart from myself for this very reason. 
    I don,t beleive all this stuff about pker sites being rigged but it seems more and more talked about nowadays  and with more news today on new computer viruses i do get paranoid sometimes when i get really bad beats - (lost 2x when 99% ahead on flop recently and they always seem to be the biggest pots)