You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Was i right to shove?

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Do you think i could of played this hand any better?
wardyad Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £15.09
SportsFan91 Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £7.40
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

alfarch Fold        
xmikex Call   £0.30 £0.75 £31.73
rtc Raise   £2.10 £2.85 £8.76
wardyad All-in   £15.09 £17.94 £0.00
SportsFan91 Fold        
xmikex Call   £14.94 £32.88 £16.79
rtc Fold        
wardyad Show
  • Q
  • Q

xmikex Show

Flop

Turn

River

• K

xmikex Win Three 7s £31.24   £48.03

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Not really a great shove, your usually only going to get called by hands that are beating you or AK that your racing with. But then your stack doesn't allow you much room to 3bet without commiting yourself, so your in quite a difficult spot. Just unlucky that the 7 has come when you had your opponent crushed, but hardly anyone is calling you unless they have you crush tbh. A question first...is there a reason why your only sat with half of the max buy-in for the table?
  • edited September 2010

You played it fine with your stack. - sit with 100xbb though.....

Surprised RTC didn't stack off with his 5-9 suited........must've mis-clicked.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Was i right to shove?:
    Not really a great shove, your usually only going to get called by hands that are beating you or AK that your racing with. But then your stack doesn't allow you much room to 3bet without commiting yourself, so your in quite a difficult spot. Just unlucky that the 7 has come when you had your opponent crushed, but hardly anyone is calling you unless they have you crush tbh. A question first...is there a reason why your only sat with half of the max buy-in for the table?
    Posted by ricoramb03

Reason why i had half the buyin cause i lost abit previous and my laptop has a small screen so cnt top up unless i stand up :(
  • edited September 2010
    Bad beat, right ?
  • edited September 2010
    only 5 at ur table stand up and sit back down
  • edited September 2010
    To start with I didn't like the shove, but now I look at it more its a good move considering your stack

The guy has made a redic sized bet pre of 7x which just says im not folding this hand, so yes with your 50 blinds I think shove it in and make yourself look desperate for him to fold.

Agree with all other comments, sit with the maximum and you will not have this problem.
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    lol why is everyone so reluctant to get the money in here?

even if I'm sat with 100bbs I still plan to stack off readless.

standard shove. nh
  • edited September 2010
    shovings fine.  ul the 77 shoulda snap folded.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Was i right to shove?:
    To start with I didn't like the shove, but now I look at it more its a good move considering your stack The guy has made a redic sized bet pre of 7x which just says im not folding this hand, so yes with your 50 blinds I think shove it in and make yourself look desperate for him to fold. Agree with all other comments, sit with the maximum and you will not have this problem.
    Posted by FlashFlush

he doesnt have a problem he got it in a shudge fav pre