You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Quick one

edited September 2010 in Area 51

just a personal bad beat which happened at a mates poker night..

7 of us, 6 of us good, 1 of us doesn't have a clue if he has good cards or not, we tried explaining but it didn't seem to work.

3rd hand of the night i have kings, it's raised, i re-raise they all fold.

Very next hand i have aces (i thought it might be my night)

I raise, 3 callers, it's re-raised, i go all in, the new guy calls.

He shows K-5, at this point i was lolling.

Flop comes - 6. J. 3.

Turn - 5.

River - 5.

At this point i was WTFing.

It happens guys :( luckily this is the one night no-one had money to put in the middle, but still to sit out for two hours whilst everyone else plays the game you love ..is hard!

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Lol that is quality mate! If that was online everyone would be saying it's rigged!. ;)
  • edited September 2010
    know the feeling very much so in our live games and the donk actually does ok more then he would on here thats for sure, your right it happens anywhere u just deal with it. by ok he doesnt win often but now and again like every few goes but he is a donk plays stuff like k5 also cos he feels like its going to hit, he understands the game but hes just not good so he will ride his luck worst of it is he cheers when he sucks out nice bloke but bloody annoying when he hits his 5 % on the river then rubs it in lol
  • edited September 2010
    yeah exactly shafty thats the main reason i posted it to show it happens in the real world as well! haha.

And Gun i don't know if i coulda taken a brag as well, i feel for you lol luckily he was kinda modest about it but i think that was because he didn't realise how much he'd just sucked out on me and ruined my night lol.