You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM bubble BB. CALL FOLD

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic

your BB 200            Stack 2200
SB 100                   stack 112.5

UTG fold                 stack 3000

Button raise 600     stack 6000    

SB call 112.5   AI

as BB do you call 400 with 3 6 os? 

Is a call too loose adds to Short stack or are you being pulled into a large hand by the button player?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I dont think you should call here, I personally am a big fan of calling shorties light and taking them out multiway, but the button has played it bad, all he had to do was min-raise or better still limp in and let the SB put in the extra few. You have to remember if the shortie wins this hand the gap between you and him decreases quite alot, so you dont want to be giving an extra 400 to the CL

• edited September 2010

The button hasn't got a clue.

I dont think you need to call, the chances of the sb recovering here are slim to none.

Have a word with the button when you get 3 handed, try to explain that by raising more than the shorty has, he's hurting his, and your chances of cashing.
  • edited September 2010
    calling here would be farcical.
  • edited September 2010
    thanks for the advice
  • edited September 2010
    Yeah button ain't played that well no matter what hand he's got but you gota fold.
  • edited September 2010
    lol first thought blind on blind but then realised the buttons raise dont blame him tbf i would do the same but in your spot its always a fold
  • edited September 2010
    young gun why would you raise the button its the bubble in a DYM and the SB has just over 1bb, if you limp in you can get 3way to showdown to try eliminate him.
  • edited September 2010

Yeah, this is a definate fold for me as has generally been stated, and also Button has played it bad as has generally been stated too.

With regard to your Q about calling too light and giving extra chips to the short-stacked SB this wouldn't actually happen. Whether you call or fold, if the SB wins this pot they're going to have 337.5 in chips (and zero fold equity still)

As a side note, if the button's played it this badly, there's every chance he's going to stick you in with rubbish on the flop too.

JC