You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Style of play???

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
Over the last 2 - 3 months my results are significantly better over 10 or 12 minute blinds than they are at 5 minutes. 

Is this an indication that I'm maybe not playing quite aggressively enough, or should I just stick to the longer structures because they suit my game better?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Hi Harding

I would say that if you have the time to play longer structures & are getting better results then definitely stick with it. I prefer longer structures but don't always have the time to commit to them.

I think it is worth remembering though that if you are going to play shorter blinds then you will need to be more aggressive to give yourself a chance in them.
  • edited September 2010
    Try and add different angles to your game so you can play any style.

Try and get away from the saying "It doesn't suit my game" and try and think "How can I change my game to suit this tournament/cash session"

There will always be a stye that you do perform better in so try and focus more games in that area but don't stick to only that style.

GL
  • edited September 2010
    words of wisdom flash, "bring the mountain to mohamed"