You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Freeroll is very disapointing- no extra money gets added for rebuys

edited October 2010 in Sky Poker Tournaments
For the Freerolls you are able to rebuy for 50p if you go out within the first hour. Personally I think that this should be added to the prize money straight away if it really is a freeroll. However, even if that is not done, it should definitely be added once the amount of rebuys exceeds the total buy-in amount, which it is not. I played in a freeroll where i calculated based on number of extra total chips that the amount of re-buys was well over the guaranteed amount, yet the prize pool did not increase at all. Calling this a freeroll is a joke to frank, they are making more off them than normal tourneys. They should not make anything off them, all rebuys should be added to the prize pool. It basically makes poker points and the reward system non-existent.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    i reckon its cos the freerolls are guarenteed tourneys so therefore the re-buy and add-on monies wont get added to the prize pool till the guarantee has been reached. e.g. if the guarantee is £100 and the re-buys/add-ons are £1 then they wont be added to the prize pool until 100 re-buys/add-ons have been purchased. Hope that helps cos thats all i can think of
  • edited September 2010
    Hi Dougs,

We do have a guarantee on our Freerolls and the rebuy amounts do not get added to the prize pool until we have reached that guarantee. For example in a £100 Freeroll and a rebuy is £1 we need 100 rebuys before it starts to be added to the prize pool. If this was no the case in one of your freerolls can you please let me know which one so that I can look into it for you?

Thanks,
    Jordan
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Freeroll is very disapointing- no extra money gets added for rebuys:
    Hi Dougs, We do have a guarantee on our Freerolls and the rebuy amounts do not get added to the prize pool until we have reached that guarantee. For example in a £100 Freeroll and a rebuy is £1 we need 100 rebuys before it starts to be added to the prize pool. If this was no the case in one of your freerolls can you please let me know which one so that I can look into it for you? Thanks, Jordan
    Posted by Sky_Jordan
    Apologies if I was wrong about that, but I still think the Freeroll system needs reviewing. If you allow rebuys they should be added straight to the prize pool. Poker points should be worth a bit more.