You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

snapshoves river

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
rosiedog00 Small blind   £1.00 £1.00 £246.18
0mc Big blind   £2.00 £3.00 £448.28
  Your hole cards

BrownnDog Fold        
BOMBDOG Fold        
offshoot Raise   £8.00 £11.00 £604.02
fabry Fold        
rosiedog00 Fold        
0mc Call   £6.00 £17.00 £442.28
Flop

• Q
  • J

0mc Check        
offshoot Bet   £12.00 £29.00 £592.02
0mc Raise   £24.00 £53.00 £418.28
offshoot Call   £12.00 £65.00 £580.02
Turn

0mc Bet   £48.75 £113.75 £369.53
offshoot Call   £48.75 £162.50 £531.27
River

0mc All-in   £369.53 £532.03 £0.00
offshoot?  

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Snap fold river
  • edited September 2010
    he has to have the nuts, but in that situation im prob calling then crying
  • edited September 2010

Without any reads you gota fold, do you have any info on the player from previous run ins?

• edited September 2010
    Weird.  If he had the flush, surely he must know that you are a decent ebough player to not pay off his shove without the flush, meaning he has to put you on the flush, wich is kinda tough?
    You are never paying him off with the straight, or any other hand.
    Ive seen the mr move with fd or oesd etc at lower levels but didnt think that would go on up here at these stakes.
    Also, didnt he drop like 7k in an hr to lolufold the other day, does he tilt, i dunno.

Obv this is not advice lol, just questions.  I would be interested to know what you think of them...
  • edited September 2010
    what hands will villan min raise flop with?  I have not played much with this villan so i have no reads but i dont think he is the best player.  if i had seen him min raise flops with 2 pair or sets then i have to call/pay him off.
    If i had seen him min raise flops with flush draw then i have to fold sat this deep.
  • edited October 2010
    well offshoot, what did you do on river? what was your read on the min raise on the flop.
  • edited October 2010
    well even though i have played villain i didnt keep any notes so i dont know what the minraise means, i assumed it was either a flush draw or KT/Q7/J7/777 with a small amount of air. When he fires turn i obv have to call cos i have a flush but i figured he would check river if he had KT or any 2 pair/set. When he shoves im pretty sure he has none of those hands and most likely a flush. If he'd bet 3/4 pot i would probably call river hoping he has a weaker flush/straight/set/air but when he shoves it seems like its the nuts more often than not so i folded. I could have been way off though, sometimes villains overvalue the strength of their hand.
  • edited October 2010
    he could of over played 9,10 but you only have put 40BB in, im sure you will find much beter spots in the future vs this villan.
    I think lolufold has played alot with this guy, i would love to know what he makes of the min raise and over bet on river.
  • edited October 2010
    Brownndog said it was a snap fold, i assume hes played with him enough to know its the nuts.
  • edited October 2010
    offshoot, my questions.  Are they the type of qustions I should be including in my thought process for this level, or are they just basic lower limit stuff.  Would you be thinking the same.  Esp the part where you can only call with a flush, meaning thats what he has to put you on for the massive shove?
  • edited October 2010
    i think villain is totally focused on his own hand and not on whether i can call or not. He thinks 'i have the nuts so i wanna get all my money in' and then he just hopes i have a hand which will call. I guess he thinks cos i called turn i will call river.