You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Top set

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Oscargm Big blind  £0.50 £0.50 £72.21
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

robert1958 Call  £0.50 £1.00 £83.09
blondynka7 Fold     
freechips1 Raise  £2.00 £3.00 £298.64
Oscargm Call  £1.50 £4.50 £70.71
robert1958 Call  £1.50 £6.00 £81.59
Flop

• K
  • J

Oscargm Check     
robert1958 Check     
freechips1 Bet  £4.00 £10.00 £294.64
Oscargm Call  £4.00 £14.00 £66.71
robert1958 Call  £4.00 £18.00 £77.59
Turn

Oscargm Check     
robert1958 Check     
freechips1 Bet  £11.50 £29.50 £283.14
Oscargm Call  £11.50 £41.00 £55.21
robert1958 Fold     
River

Oscargm Check     
freechips1 Bet  £9.50 £50.50 £273.64
Oscargm All-in  £55.21 £105.71 £0.00

no reads as i was playing a few tables, my bet on the turn is so f*****g stupid  (too small)
Is this another, i have hit the nuts so ship the lot in? or was it my bet on the river that made me look weak? so thats why he shoves?
i made a total mess of this hand, i dont need telling. ty
call river or fold?

Comments

• edited October 2010
    i think hit his flush  flop bet was to low  me bet 12 quid  same on the turn i would have pushed all in on the turn
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Top set:
    i think hit his flush  flop bet was to low  me bet 12 quid  same on the turn i would have pushed all in on the turn
    Posted by scrumdown
    pot limit, so can only bet £6. why on earth would anyone bet £12 into £6 ?
    sry it wasnt PL
  • edited October 2010
    6 on flop 15 on turn jam riv. as is wat on earth with river bet size, just cawl now you've done that silly-ness.
  • edited October 2010
    I played well last night belive it or not, i made a total mess of this hand and also another.  I know where i went wrong with the other hand.
    This one is a total mess, im such a tard at times.
  • edited October 2010
    No ones gonna disagree mate :-p

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

This one cant be that much of a mess because you have top set lol that part is played well.
  • edited October 2010
    i would check river. youre rarely getting 3 streets of value from a jack.
  • edited October 2010
    i would check river. youre rarely getting 3 streets of value from a jack.
    Posted by offshoot
    what % of the time has villan hit his flush here? />60% ?
    that was sort of the reason of the small bet to get value from 2nd pair, by the river i knew i had made a mess of it and just wanted it over.
  • edited October 2010
    i dont hate the small bet. It basically tells your opponent you dont have the flush though. I guess at 50nl its not bad because people arent bluffshoving on you here very often if at all.

i dont see what the problem is with the hand tbh, fold river and its played fine.
  • edited October 2010
    the turn bet has annoyed me, i think flop is fine.  I had 2 villans i should of bet around £15 on turn or pos pot.
    what you think of a check, call on the river or is bet, folding best?
  • edited October 2010

Why would you bet then fold? especially when it's such a small bet........

Check behind or bet properly????? (unless ur trying to induce a shove then SNAP!!!!)

nice stack btw.
  • edited October 2010
    bet fold is fine.
  • edited October 2010
    Why would you bet then fold? especially when it's such a small bet........ Check behind or bet properly????? (unless ur trying to induce a shove then SNAP!!!!) nice stack btw.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    thats why its such a small bet, i bet to get value from a jack or the case king.  is villan c/r river with a king or jack? i think not.  I DID FOLD THIS i can only see villan with a flush.
    my stack, i ended the night with 350 on 2 50nl tables, a good session seeing me +13 buyin.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Top set : what % of the time has villan hit his flush here? />60% ? that was sort of the reason of the small bet to get value from 2nd pair, by the river i knew i had made a mess of it and just wanted it over.
    Posted by freechips1
    Lots.

Villain has either got a flush here or is an absolute genius with a marginal/busted straight draw and has bluffed at you as you have clearly shopped your hand as being strong (top two/sets) but scared stiff of the flush.

I can see the bet fold reasoning as stated by Beaneh but I don't think you get three streets of value from somebody who has not tried to protect their hand from a fairly wet flop (the only possible exception is a lower set from a player who doesn't have you on betting a flush draw).  In other words I check behind in most cases without reads on the player.
  • edited October 2010
    meh people love to donk shove into you when they river flushes id be pretty tempted to cawl