You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Weekend footy betting 2nd/3rd)

edited October 2010 in The Football Corner
Right then peeps, thought I'd do these a little earlier this week seeing as I'm off today.

The bookies have given all of us a beating over the past week with freaky results going their way but I say NO MORE!!!

We're gonna get a few winners this weekend, I can feel it (or maybe it's last night's curry I can feel? I haven't decided yet)

Anyhow, 2 bets for me so far for tomorrow. I'll be doing an under/over bet as well once they get the prices on the site! For now though here are my selections for tomorrow.

Main Acca:

Huddersfield to beat Bristol Rovers (H) @ 8/15
Oldham to beat Leyton Orient (H) @ 10/11
Chesterfield to beat Crewe (H) @ 4/5
Stranraer to beat Montrose (H) @ 2/3

These 4 are paying a tasty 15/2

Huddersfield have tripped up a bit recently having lost their last 2 games in the league to Swindon & Rochdale (both away). However, it's at the Galpharm where they pick up most of their points & they should be able to see off a very inconsistent Rovers side whose only victory on the road so far this campaign came at new boys Dagenham & Redbridge. The Terriers are yet to lose at home so far this season & they should keep that record intact tomorrow.
I really can't believe the price on offer for Oldham for tomorrow. They face a Leyton Orient side who have picked up just one point from 12 on the road so far this season (albeit that did come at Southampton but they've not exactly started too well this season either). When you also take into account that the O's only won 3 from 23 on the road last season as well (14 defeats) this really should be a home win. Oldham also did the double over them last season too.
Chesterfield have got off to a good start this season & currently sit in 2nd spot in League 2. So far they've won all 4 games at the B2net Stadium (what a c rappy name!) & they should keep that record going tomorrow. Crewe are a decent enough side but the one thing they lack is consistency. So far they've yet to win in 4 attempts away from the Alexandra Stadium having drawn 3. That in itself doesn't look too bad but this is the first time they've gone to any of the divisions pace setters this season so defeat number 2 on the road beckons imo.
I don't normally bet too much on the Scottish leagues & even less on the lower divisions but this one was just too tempting. Stranraer have made a good start to the season in Division 3 & currently occupy 2nd spot only on goal difference behind leaders Berwick. So far they've won all 3 of their home games this season averaging nearly 3 goals per game in the process. In contrast Montrose are 2 points off bottom spot & it's away from home where they've struggled the most having lost all 3 on the road so far.

Long Shot Acca:

West Ham to beat Fulham (H) @ 5/4
Notts Co to beat Sheff Weds (H) @ 11/8
Rotherham to beat Bury (A) @ 7/4
Port Vale to beat Oxford (A) @ 13/8
Shrewsbury to beat Torquay (H) @ 6/5

These 5 are paying a big 84/1 so no need to get too carried away here! I'll be doing my usual of 10 x trebles @ 50p per line with £1 on all 5. If 3 come in then I get my stake money back, a small profit should 4 come in & nearly £160 should all 5 triumph!

As I've noted in another post, the mighty Hammers have picked up in recent weeks with 2 wins & a draw in all competitions in their last 3 games. We've a good record against Fulham in recent times as well with only 2 defeats in the last 14 meetings. In fact you have to go all the way back to November 2001 for the last time Fulham won a league game at Upton Park. Couple this with the fact that both Zamora & Dembele are out for Fulham so they could well taste defeat in the league for the 1st time this season.
Notts Co have been strong at Meadow Lane this season with 3 wins & 1 defeat so far (against Huddersfield on the opening day) & they come into this game on the back of a fantastic win at Peterborough in midweek too. After a good start with 3 wins from their first 4 games Wednesday have really slipped in recent weeks. They've lost their last 2 away from Hillsborough (against Brentford & Plymouth) & are in for a tricky time in Nottingham.
Rotherham have been known to do silly things on the road but so far they've only lost one away from the Don Valley Stadium this season against Shrewsbury. So far Bury have only won once at Gigg Lane this season which came against Gillingham whilst they've also dropped points there against lowly Northampton & rock bottom Hereford. It'll be a close game & they may well get something from the game but at this price it's worth a gamble.
Considering that Port Vale have won all 4 away from home so far this season this is a massive price. Oxford have shown that they're no pushovers so far but they've only won once in 4 attempts at the Kassam so far (against Morecambe) & lost there the last time out against Stockport.
Shrewsbury are making their home form count this season with 3 wins & 1 draw in their 4 games there so far. Torquay started the season really well winning their opening 4 games but in their last 5 games they've drawn 2 & lost 3 . The last 2 of which have both come at home to Macclesfield & Aldershot. I still expect it to be a close game but 6/5 is too big to ignore imo.

I'll post up my under/over bet a little later when the odds compilers have got the prices together but in the meantime good luck this weekend.

Jay

Comments

• edited October 2010
    1 X 8 FOLD AT 50P
    8 X 7 FOLDS AT 50P
    = £4.50

Stoke V Blacburn                    X      5/2

Man City V Newcastle               1     1/2 

Liverpool V Blackpool               1     1/3

Birmingham V Everton              X    9/4

West ham V Fulham                X     5/2

West Brom V Bolton                 X    14/5

Middlesbrough V Portsmouth      1     6/5

Barnsley V Cardiff                     2     13/8

-------------------------------------------------

Liverpool to win by 2 or more     Evs   £14

-------------------------------------------------

Total  =  £18.50
  • edited October 2010
    6 draws in the premiership for me today. 1,361/1

Has it ever happened? .....

...............IT WILL TODAY !!! (Not including early K/O)

And in the championship.....

Cardiff to win away @ Barnlsey
    Sheff Utd will beat Watford @ home....
    QPR to win their London derby....

AND................

Midlesborough !!!!! Have let me down every single time this season, but they'll beat pompey @ home.

£5 @ 23/1.
  • edited October 2010
    No one else betting today?
  • edited October 2010
    Slight change of plan. I've decided against the under/over bet & instead have gone for both teams to score in these games:

West Brom/Bolton @ 4/5
    West Ham/Fulham @ 10/11
    Spurs/Villa @ 8/11
    Boro/Pompey @ 4/5
    MK Dons/Colchester @ 8/11
    Chesterfield/Crewe @ 8/11

These 6 are paying 31/1

• edited October 2010
    I'm also using my £5 free bet today on this enhanced acca:

Chelsea to beat Arsenal
    QPR to beat Palace
    Brighton to beat Tranmere
    Port Vale to beat Oxford

They're offering 20/1 on this so potentially £100 for nothing!
  • edited October 2010
    0 from 4 in my main acca
    0 from 5 in my long shot
    1 from 3 that played today from my free bet

Thankfully though it was 6 from 6 on my both to score acca so for once I'm actually finishing the day in profit :)
  • edited October 2010
    My saturday acca could NOT have gone worse! Todays is looking saweeeet though, Valencia (won 2-1 last night), Chelsea and Realmadrid -2, returns £57 of a tenner! Real madrid already 2 up so need them to get 1 more atleast! 
  • edited October 2010
    well mine was going good saturday until the 89th minute when tranmere thought they would be hero's at home and get an equaliser to let me down for 551.89 and brighton were ahead more or less the whole game story of my life last minute scre w ups