You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Devilfish : The life and times of a poker legend.

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat
Read no further Tikay, I know you're not a fan.

But;

Anyone else read this yet?

I've only read the first 100 pages but it's already good. He's a bam and even Tikay will have to admit the boy's got a set. And I don't mean three similar cards.

Long, long before I ever even contemplated playing poker I recall being enthralled by late night poker when I had sky sports (or was it Ch4?). The game fascinated me. And at the time there was only really one celebrity. It was Dave "Devilfish" Ulliott. Snarling with a northern accent and just seemed to win non-stop.

Now here comes his auto/biography. I don't know if he wrote it but it sounds like him speaking. Right down to the worst jokes you're ever likely to hear.

It's tales of a crazy life and thus extremely readable. Quite possibly lies at times but nonetheless. I'll continue this review once I've read it in it's entirety.

But whatever happens, I love Tikay the most :-)

Comments

• edited October 2010

Everytime I see the name bandini, I think of the blondie song, Maria

But only on a weekend......

If ur goin spewin on the cash tables tonight fella, let me no which one, and ill give u a 5r bak tomorrow.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Devilfish : The life and times of a poker legend.:
    Everytime I see the name bandini, I think of the blondie song, Maria But only on a weekend...... If ur goin spewin on the cash tables tonight fella, let me no which one, and ill give u a 5r bak tomorrow.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    £5 you owe me then punk. I'm paying your mortgage. That straight against my AK? Pah. I won it back with style though? I out-aggressived you and you know it.

Why, Mariiiiiii-aaaaaaa? I only now get the blondie reference but still don't understand it.

What did I learn tonight though? Enough jj, enough.
  • edited October 2010

Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Get it pended Sky.

There's about as much chance of me taking offence as there is....

of a.....

fence taking....

Nah, I give up.

Bar a ludicrously fluked straight that felted me I owned Dohhhhh tonight though.

Total Player Bandini ftw!
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Devilfish : The life and times of a poker legend. : Get it pended Sky. There's about as much chance of me taking offence as there is.... of a..... fence taking.... Nah, I give up. Bar a ludicrously fluked straight that felted me I owned Dohhhhh tonight though. Total Player Bandini ftw!
    Posted by bandini
    from the sounds off 2 nite, i think dohhhh will come up with something better than total ??????? bandini
  • edited October 2010

It's only fair I give u ur moment! lol

POT CONTROL DOHHHHHHH !!!!!
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    bandini Small blind  £0.20 £0.20 £44.68
    rats107 Big blind  £0.40 £0.60 £55.32
      Your hole cards
    • J

yellaa Call  £0.40 £1.00 £50.58
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £1.60 £2.60 £119.04
    bandini Raise  £3.80 £6.40 £40.88
    rats107 Fold     
    yellaa Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £2.40 £8.80 £116.64
    Flop

bandini Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Bet  £4.40 £13.20 £112.24
    bandini Call  £4.40 £17.60 £36.48
    Turn

• J

bandini Check     
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  £112.24 £129.84 £0.00
    bandini All-in  £36.48 £166.32 £0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Unmatched bet  £75.76 £90.56 £75.76
    bandini Show
    • Q
    • K

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • J

River

• A

bandini Win Straight to the Ace £88.76  £88.76
    nice hand blondie
  • edited October 2010
    Christ. Was I playing poker last night?

Better check account details....
  • edited October 2010
    Wow, well up.

To think of it, that the world I inhabit is ordered by beings who are not one-tenth so clever as I am. I have often suspected as much, and it is decidely unfair. Now let me see if I cannot make something out of being such a monstrous clever fellow.
  • edited October 2010

i met devilfish at the irsih open a cpl off years ago

great to chat with frighting to watch him play cash poker

but a top legend in the game with a bigger than life story to tell
  • edited October 2010
    I seen him on that skypoker interview a while back, and he was well funny. The guy (Hartigan i think) asked him about his house and he said he had a gym attached to it! He even bought a new machine to put in it the week before and after trying it out for an hour he was nearly sick, he said 'theres only so many chocci bars you can eat in an hour' on another point i saw him playing in the pro celebrity darts on sky and all i can say is 'Tikay would probably beat him lol' TBH he does look a bit of a wide boy and i can see why him and tikay would not get along in the live meetings but i think he's well funny.