You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

POKER OR BINGO

2»

Comments

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: POKER OR BINGO:
    i wouldnt bother shanx,if people cant read into what your saying m8 id just let them get on with it
    Posted by stokefc
    i will mate, have given up on this thread!
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: POKER OR BINGO : i will mate, have given up on this thread!
    Posted by SHANXTA
    tfft.
  • edited October 2010
    i wouldnt bother shanx,if people cant read into what your saying m8 id just let them get on with it
    Posted by stokefc
    Stoke my good fella i think myself AND bandicoot can fully see what shanx is sayin and NEITHER of us are disagreeing with what they are saying from the 2nd post of theirs and onwards it is the 1st post WE are baffled with as it is implying that if you get called by inferior hands after gettin it in good and in front IF we get outdrawn it makes US bad players.
    Would you care to shed some light on this IF you understand what it means?

You may pm me if you wish.

All the best

debs
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: POKER OR BINGO : Stoke my good fella i think myself AND bandicoot can fully see what shanx is sayin and NEITHER of us are disagreeing with what they are saying from the 2nd post of theirs and onwards it is the 1st post WE are baffled with as it is implying that if you get called by inferior hands after gettin it in good and in front IF we get outdrawn it makes US bad players. Would you care to shed some light on this IF you understand what it means? You may pm me if you wish. All the best debs
    Posted by debdobs_67
    it doesent baffle me what he said,shanx knows his stuff,maybe he should of put if you conna beat a bad player in the long run what does that make you,just so as not to confuse anyone
  • edited October 2010
    Paranoia FTW!

Area 51 FTW!

Lack of a rational thought process FTW!
  • edited October 2010
    6 handed. That is about the size of it. bit of both.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: POKER OR BINGO : it's quite simple, if you can't beat bad players, over time not just in one game, then u must be worse than them
    Posted by SHANXTA
    +1 this is actually true, not an opinion, not a point of view, but a FACT. The game works on Maths and interpretation ladies and gentlemen. You can either have the best hand or make them think you do. If your getting called by hands you dominate 70 - 30 with all the money going in at this point then over time you will win, not that hand but that situation. It's dictated by the FACT of mathmatics and there is no argument against it.

If your losing and you don't know why then it's either the laws of chance or a flaw in your game. One you can do something about the other you can't. Don't waste time whineing about the one you can't influence and put some time and study into the one you can 
  • edited October 2010
    Is online poker EVER fixed ?
    Well that depends on your definition.
    I believe it can be depending on which site you play. Are all sites the same ? No.
    The way it seems to be fixed to me is in starting hand quality and flop textures. If you have only played on Sky then I wouldn't worry too much. I have played over a million hands on vaious sites and a few got me interested. It was CLEARLY obvious on some sites that starting hands and flops were rigged for action. Even to the point that the people used to these conditions appeared to benefit from understanding the skewed nature of what is supposed to be random. More action = bigger rakes .
    This sent me into lines of enquiry as to how random is generated on different sites. Obviously super lawyers await to pounce on any slur so it must be justifiable in law. However i did discover that on one of the largest sites that the pack is permanently in flux. Hmmmm. Have you played on this site ?  Many experienced players i have talked to seemed to agree with me.
    If you want to formulate your own opinion google 5 aces hand and take it from there. If people think sky is rigged then i guess they have never played on this particular site.
    I personally have never seen so many paired flops with 2 to a flush and / or str8.
    However i imagine that if anyone had the audacity to criticise officially such practise , if it indeed exists then they better be a maths genius with extensive records. Pretty unlikely but it wouldn't surprise me one day.
    What is the motive ? Well rake obviously with additional attraction to people that don't understand card dead. Believe me when i say that you wont fold 10 hands in a row 9-handed.
    But you get always the same old retort about paranoia. All i can say is see for yourselves. I'm no maths genius but i tell you this for nothing. There is peculiar action on many sites. Whats my sample size you paranoiac ? Look guys if you want to formulate your own opinion play other sites and see for yourselves. TIP just watch and
    don't deposit. You'll laugh at the unlikelihoods and be satisfied with sky.
    To be fair it took me a while to get used to skys brand of randomness but on balance it seems genuine. I dont mind playing 2nd pair decent kicker here. Suicide eleswhere.

• ybyb
    edited October 2010
    Anyone that can't see shanxta/dohh are right should give up poker.

That is all.