You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

no such thing as 50/50 on sky

edited October 2010 in Area 51
have recorded todays play and have been involved in 17 straight races and won 1  this is a consistant thing with skys RNG   far too often am i losing these races and not just today   in 50 50 races i would expect 70/30 max either way   also in last 10 hands played at my table a player hit the miracle river in 7 hands from 10   i know iknow i god damn know it aint fixed but am convinced the rng needs checking   have lost count of posters saying this   we are all experienced poker players   blimey ive been playing 20 years plus now live and online is so different to live may as well change its name   with all things being equal apart from physical tells how can it possibly be so different if all cards are RANDOM??????

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Although you will probably be roundly jeered and slated, I cannot disagree in the slightest with what you say.

way too many 50/50`s go against you and the level of one or two outers that hit against you (on a far more regular basis than the odds say) is scary.

Personally, I only really use this site for the forum discussions, which apart from the love-ins, are the best (and most humourous) by miles.

Any serious (for me) poker is now played on other sites. Bad Beats, Variance and Outdraws occur on every site, but nowhere near as many shocked gasps occur than on here.

• edited October 2010

Coz some players are alot better than others. Therefore, all things are not equal.

Did you watch the biggest hand on top of the pots last night?

1,400 pounds (not chips) in 1 hand.

Lolufold had 66 against Sparce's 45 off suit.

Sparce won, having got his money in behind drawing to 8 outs, a 7/1 shot............

Theres nothing wrong with the site f f s, if u run better on other sites, good for u, but thats all it is, YOU RUN BETTER.

It isn't any more, or less, fair than this site. 

U guys continue to amaze me.

• edited October 2010
    forum discussions for the win!!
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to no such thing as 50/50 on sky:
    have recorded todays play and have been involved in 17 straight races and won 1  this is a consistant thing with skys RNG   far too often am i losing these races and not just today   in 50 50 races i would expect 70/30 max either way   also in last 10 hands played at my table a player hit the miracle river in 7 hands from 10   i know iknow i god damn know it aint fixed but am convinced the rng needs checking   have lost count of posters saying this   we are all experienced poker players   blimey ive been playing 20 years plus now live and online is so different to live may as well change its name   with all things being equal apart from physical tells how can it possibly be so different if all cards are RANDOM??????
    Posted by bullyfish
    Just reading your post and thought....hmmm....you were in 17 50/50s and won one...so what?
    How or indeed why would the RNG have anything to do with this and why would you EXPECT 70/30 max either way? (I'm sure you would still be complaining if you only won 5 out of 17 btw!)
    The RNG does not remember you or the cards it has previously dealt so every hand IS random! Just try flipping a coin or choosing red or black on a roulette wheel! Just because you lose one does not change the odds of you losing the next one!!!!!
    I suggest you get a pack of cards, sit down, and deal out hand after hand after hand HU and just see for yourself ...
    1) how often the best hand pre flop wins
    2) how often player one wins a "straight race" AND in what order
    3) how often a hand wins on the river after being behind on the turn

Good luck and do come back with your results.....but only after playing through at least a thousand hands! ;)
  • edited October 2010
    as you ststed emily egg the usual brainwashed are slating us   they just dont get it do they, only players who have played live for say 15 years plus can see it,  to me it aint rocket science   far too many bad beats or miracle 2/3 outs hit    let them carry on thinking all is well   i get bored of saying it but they just DO NOT LISTEN to my point   site is NOT fixed i know   its the rng i and what looks like 100s of other people are not happy with   please try to READ all of this b4 posting a meaningless reply that youve said sooooooo many times b4   (especially you DOHHHH)  that name really suits him tho   LOL  LOL  LOL
  • edited October 2010

I've played more hands in 15 weeks online than you have in 15 years live.

That might be the problem - yet again, sample size.
  • edited October 2010
    ha ha ha  PRICELESS   more hands online in  wait for it  15 WEEKS than i have in 15 YEARS live   all credibility you did have completely GONE   oh PRICE LESS quote  best laugh i had in years   oh give me more DOHHHHHH   PLEASE    ps  how do you fit all these hands in as your always posting nonsense on here????   and always in area 51   mmmmmmmmm    i think you the one with the size problem
  • edited October 2010
    In all honesty it makes me laugh.

It is well documented that I have riled many of the rank and file on here.

My Crime?.....was merely (no pun intended by the way) to stand up for new users to make this site less closed shop and more appealing to the masses.

Sadly the connections (and very, very good friends) of the folk I dared to offend have now hit back with some vengeance.

No bad beat stories or posting of them from me, you would not believe them..........just some massive lols.

• edited October 2010

You're right I don't even play that much, imagine how many hands some people get in.

Playing 12 tables, 84 hours a week....... (I play 4 tables maybe 15 hours a week)

Laugh away, but your time would be better spent looking at your own game, if you want to become a more successful player.

Just found this in the shed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98OTsYfTt-c The last line of the vid applies to u.
  • edited October 2010
    Bullyfish,

I was hardly "slating" you, I was simply attempting to discuss the issue and point out what actually happens! You are obviously a very experienced player and as such should know that any hand can win or lose and people regularly hit "one-outers" and "miracle river cards" live as well as on line! Frequency has to be taken into account though. You play many more hands online than live and consequently these things happen more often! Also, people do have a tendancy to call lighter on line thus giving more opportunities for these type of senarios!

To say the site is not fixed and then to suggest there is something amiss with the RNG seems contradictory to me but if that is your opinion then so be it. I only have one question for you.....why?

I somehow doubt that you will answer the question above because, unfortunately, you don't seem interested in discussing the issue in a proper manner. If someone disagrees its because we are part of the "brainwashed rank and file" who always want to pick on you(???). Please give us some informed reasoning behind your thoughts and maybe you will get reasonable and informed responses!

Just a thought

Chris
  • edited October 2010
    there is no need to comment any further than

+1 to everything dohhhhhhh said
  • edited October 2010
    I will tell you something i do,take a deck of cards,shuffle properly after each deal,then deal 6 handed,play the hands as you would expect players to play the hand,burn cards as you would live,do this 100 times.

The last time i did this after looking at the results that i had jotted down the best starting hand only held up 22 times,and yes this included many runner runner outers and miracle river cards.

I did this and it only took about 90 minutes.

Poker is unpredictable.

End of
  • edited October 2010
    Even if the best hand won 100 times out of 100, it would prove nothing.

You would need to do it 100 million times to get accurate results.

Bet you're a whizz with the deck tho, practise makes perfect ;)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQx_jHEySIw
  • edited October 2010
    I played live saturday night with my golfing mates.

I ran so good hitting full houses, straights and quite a few sets.

I outdrew loads of players, the cards were all self dealt/ shuffled too.

It does happen live too and like dohhhhhh has said, you play so many more hands online you will get more bad beats.

I would say since joining here ive won more 50/50's than ive lost.

You just need to run better imo.................

• edited October 2010
    agree with dohhhhhhhhhhhh 10000000000000%
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: no such thing as 50/50 on sky:
    Even if the best hand won 100 times out of 100, it would prove nothing. You would need to do it 100 million times to get accurate results. Bet you're a whizz with the deck tho, practise makes perfect ;)   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQx_jHEySIw
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    The point im making dohhh isnt the quantity of hands,but the unpredictability of them.100 isnt alot,i know,but sometimes when im at me mums with the little uns i only deal 20-50 hands BUT you still get the same randomness.
    Im just tryin to point out to the doubters that at any given time no matter how many hands you play randomness is exactly that and anything can happen.
  • edited October 2010
    spot on debs, i put something similar on another thread :o)
  • edited October 2010
    lost 9 50 50s today already so thats now won 1 in 26 straight races  so please all grab your decks of cards and deal out a pr against over cards and come back to me after dealing it out 26 times and tell me that one of those hands won 25 times, bet you cant and if you do you are a liar
  • edited October 2010
    lost 9 50 50s today already so thats now won 1 in 26 straight races  so please all grab your decks of cards and deal out a pr against over cards and come back to me after dealing it out 26 times and tell me that one of those hands won 25 times, bet you cant and if you do you are a liar
    Posted by bullyfish
    How can you say that somebody who does this and gets the 1/26 is a liar and expect everyone else to believe your stats? By your own (very flawed) logic you are lying then no?? The truth is someone who does this and gets 1/26 is not lying - it has exactly the same chance of happening online as it does when you deal the cards yourself. Furthermore, saying to someone I challenge you to do this but if I don't like the result I'm calling you a liar does not exactly tempt people to humour your experiment does it?

JC
  • edited October 2010
    ok so try it and tell your results then   im waiting?????????????????????   no   you know the outcome will be more or less  50 50  as they should be   not 26 against 1   END OF    people rather post c rap than doing experiment    ive just done it yet again and honest result was pr won 16 and overs won 9     no problem with that at all    thats the sort of variance id expect    i do know what im on about unless you think 20 years of playing live means nothing    
  • edited October 2010
    You strike me as a classic sufferer of martingale syndrome.

In case you're not familiar with that, it's the theory that if you keep doubling your bet on a 50/50, you'll eventually make a profit since the roulette wheel can't come up red every time. In reality of course, unless you have an unlimited bankroll this will NEVER happen, since chains of 5/10/15/20 reds or blacks in a row DO happen. This is why martingalers always go bust. It may, even probably will work for a while, but eventually you will hit a streak too big for your bankroll to manage.

Guess what comes next.

The same can happen in poker!!!

Try another new test. Flip a coin 20 times, 10 times (so 200 in total).

See how many of those come up 10/10. I bet you not many. Eventually it'll balance to 50/50, but over those small sample sizes, there's every chance most of them will be more like 15/5, and at least one will be even more skewed than that.

Seriously, think about it. What on earth do sky gain by outdrawing players again and again, KNOWING it makes people quit?!?! And who on earth is getting all the profit from this? Have sky got plant players in the site who always win?

lol
  • edited October 2010
    omg look I went in miles ahead 3way and lost to both of them!!! :o has to be rigged no question...
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    hellasher Small blind   100.00 100.00 3125.00
    Ant1966 Big blind   200.00 300.00 8010.00
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

aloette52 All-in   1105.00 1405.00 0.00
    thatsplent Call   1105.00 2510.00 645.00
    DeucesLive Call   1105.00 3615.00 5525.00
    hellasher Fold        
    Ant1966 Fold        
    Flop

thatsplent All-in   645.00 4260.00 0.00
    DeucesLive Call   645.00 4905.00 4880.00
    aloette52 Show

thatsplent Show
    • J
    • A

DeucesLive Show
    • K
    • K

Turn

River

• A

aloette52 Win Flush to the Ace 3615.00   3615.00
    thatsplent Win Pair of Aces 1290.00   1290.00
    looool
  • edited October 2010
    deuces & Johnconnor FTW, now bore off bullfish! dont mind you putting bad beats but no point argueing you have no facts either play and deal with it or stop playing simples
  • edited October 2010
    You strike me as a classic sufferer of martingale syndrome. In case you're not familiar with that, it's the theory that if you keep doubling your bet on a 50/50, you'll eventually make a profit since the roulette wheel can't come up red every time. In reality of course, unless you have an unlimited bankroll this will NEVER happen, since chains of 5/10/15/20 reds or blacks in a row DO happen. This is why martingalers always go bust. It may, even probably will work for a while, but eventually you will hit a streak too big for your bankroll to manage. Guess what comes next. The same can happen in poker!!! Try another new test. Flip a coin 20 times, 10 times (so 200 in total). See how many of those come up 10/10. I bet you not many. Eventually it'll balance to 50/50, but over those small sample sizes, there's every chance most of them will be more like 15/5, and at least one will be even more skewed than that. Seriously, think about it. What on earth do sky gain by outdrawing players again and again, KNOWING it makes people quit?!?! And who on earth is getting all the profit from this? Have sky got plant players in the site who always win? lol
    Posted by DeucesLive
    On a different note to this thread.

Because of the above, theory of large numbers etc etc,  there is actually a chance that some poor bloke somewhere who has played thousands of hands has never won a race with AA.  He might have even posted on a forum and got ridiculed for it as well.

:-)
  • edited October 2010
    Read this then,

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3abd2e1359-9eb5-4967-a9e7-7514424d28c1

And I'm still not insane enough to think on-line poker is rigged.

1 question : Why would they fix it? Sky makes it's money of of the rake. It's immaterial to them who wins. Do you really think they would (before we even get into could) design all their algorithms to favour certain players or to max out how many players keep playing?

Jesus, can't believe I've replied to one of these threads without taking the P. Bed-time.