You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Stocks and Shares

edited October 2010 in The Shed

Does anyone do any trading on stocks and shares, or has anyone had a go.  You can buy/sell penny shares in companies.  Do you think there is anyting to be made.  I`d love to give it a go but am clueless, I looked into pennyshares a while ago but lost interest as most of the stuff went over my head.
Do you need to be in the `know` to make decent money, ie have inside info on businesses that have not yet been made public.

Apart from buy low sell high, has anyone got any advice, and  have/do you make money on the stock market.

Comments

• edited October 2010
    insider trading is the only way--

having friends in the city -- or

buying currencies -- ie  yen , dollars,

some poker sites you can convert dollars to euro or pounds --  however

you can get banned if  caught !!

:))
  • edited October 2010
    I have been buying stocks and shares for a few years now and tbh have been quite profitable.  It depends on what you are after Omahoney, whether you want do play it safe and invest in a large blue chip company which "should" make a steady return and many of the larger companies do offer quite good dividends.  The other option is to invest into something which has a high risk eg mining, which increase and decrease daily, when they do increase they generally go up by quite a bit although this obvoiusly works both ways.  Another option is to put your money into a fund or fund of funds which imo is quite good for a new investor, as the person investing your money has more of a clue than the novice investor.  Beware though as some certain funds charge annual fees.  I have found the "investors chorinicle" very helpfull through the years with my investments its like the "racing post" for investors and can point you toward some good earners.

Hope this helps.
  • edited October 2010

If you go to thisismoney.co.uk and look down the left hand side of the page it says Investing Guide Tips, and advice. All you need to Know about starting out in share dealing is there for you.